What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the replay but it looked to me like Davy Russell cut across the loose horse which in turn cut Mala Beach up didn't it? Looked like Mala Beach was going to come through and win it.

Sizing Gold and lord Windermere at Leopardstown

Clondaw Kaempfer and African Gold at Newbury

Kenai Peninsula in the opener at Donny

Whether she'll win or not I don't know, but I give Unaccompanied around a minimum of 30 percent chance of winning today. So odds of 5/1 seem value.

I can't see her out the first two thats for sure...

Last edited:
cheers

the last race is a pretty poor race but i've had a small one on Morna's Glory at 12.5.

This has arguably the best form in the race and its very interesting that Hamilton has been booked after the horse has had a good break..he is 3/8 for the owner showing a +12 profit.

Lingfield 2.00 Demoiselle Bond win. ( Currently 14/1 BOG) In running trade out @ 3.6/1.71/1.21)

I'm watching the market on this one, as it would be no surprise if it drifted more than the current 17.5 on the ex's, with the unfasionable trainer and jockey. Also with the strong wind, there may be plenty of layers wanting to take on front runners.

The fact remains her recent 6f a/w form reads 2,1,1. She appears to be improving and although she may be best on a slower surface, I don't think there will be any fast times today.

She has the perfect draw for a front runner and it's possible a few will try and tuck in early doors to get cover. Although it will be tough front running today, there is every chance the market will over play the issue. The fav Amoiste looks to have a strong chance, with the form of her last run over 7f already boosted, but I'm not certain how she will respond if she fails to get the lead. Although this looks an easier task than last run, the 2 lb increase, doubt about lead and the fact they chop and change with head gear, makes me want to look elsewhere.

Demoiselle Bond does have to overcome a poor run last time but that was over 7f and was eased once headed. At the likely price, looks worth forgiving.

I really can't comment on the jockey, but there'e an obvious risk of him going too hard early, so I'm going win only with the trades as insurance.

Hopes boosted.
Lingfield (AW) latest: Another jockey change
2.oo Demoiselle Bond Jim Crowley
By Graham Dench, live from Lingfield (AW) (13 mins ago)

Last edited:
WOLV 1:15 LA ESTRALLA
Would probably struggle in a HCP, but hard to see what could beat it in this.

WOLV 3:00 ARCHIE STEVENS
Clocked well enough LTO to suggest it can take care of GOLDEN FLOWER. Ran to 82 on my figures. Is progressing nicely, and can take this off 75 before being forced up in class. Seems equally effective at Wolves.

WOLV 3:35 WALTER WHITE
Have paid the price of following this one the last twice after seemingly clocking a good time 3 runs back. However, I probably over-rated that meeting by 3, maybe even 5lbs. Though even allowing for that, would still come out ahead in a speed handicapping sense. No surprise to see it running in a seller here. The first time visor may well help, but I'm not paying to find out. Can't oppose it either.

WOLV 4:05 RAKAAN 9/2
Seems to be on the comeback trail now, as something obviously went amiss a couple of years back in Meydan. Steady, yet solid improvement on polytrack this year with a mark in the mid 90's looking not too far away. Should appreciate this drop back in both trip and class. Also, whoever started the clock in RAKAAN's last race (no stalls) was a bit keen with his thumb imo. Stuart Williams is starting to get a bit more out of AQUILONIOUS, and while that one doesn't look harshly treated off 84, will likely find this contest too hot. Can't see ALFRED HUTCHINSON getting the upperhand with RAKAAN off level weights. While KINGSCROFT looks just in the HCPer's grip on 89, but should run a good race all the same. Small field and AQUILONIOUS looks booked to be the pace setter, hopefully George Baker will keep an eye on that and be close enough before the turn in.

Last edited:

Lingfield sectionals suggest that Woolfall Sovereign will struggle against Moorhouse Lad now WS has gone up in the weights.

Moorhouse Lad has more sustained speed than other front runner Royal Bajan and should be able to outdo that one on the lead without going out of his comfort zone.

I think Moorhouse Lad can make all here based on his run two ago when he sustained an above par pace throughout.

I like big jemmy in the 3.20 tramore, down the weights and likes the course.

Mad Brian is expected to go well in the 3.40
Fairyhouse.

Good luck with the 4 timer CPGagie.

Looks like La Estrella had to battle, just looking at the fact it went to 4.0 in running.

Iv'e gone against Rakan and backed Angelic Upstart and saved with Aqualonious.

Angelic Upstart looks the type that needs a double fig field and strong pace, but having looked at his 2nd to Forgive ( raised 11lb since) which looks his best recent run, there were only seven runners in that field.

The improving Aqualonious looks sure to be at the head of the field and Fanning tends to get prominent in small fields regardless of horses running style, so I don't think this will be run at a crawl. having said that , an in running bet on AU is probably the better value.

All the fav's last four runs read well and no real concerns about Gibbons now being on board, as he rides this track well on prominent runners.

The remaining 4 runners look very closely matched.

Unlucky CPG, Terrible ride by Baker, choosing to go up the inside route where you could see the gap was never going to appear.

Couldn't get a taxi for love nor money, so slept off the celebrations in the car. By the time I got home (we're 10 hours ahead) I'd missed the 2/1 about Archie Stevens and wasn't going to take Evens.

Haven't seen Rakaans replay yet, DG, will look at that tomorrow. A bit more salt in the wound with WALTER WHITE going in.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back