What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From CPG (and can admin let him know why he can't post?)

Apologies for being controversial wit the 2:30. Almost joined you guys last night with York Glory, but then started digging and came up with this. :)

BEVE 2:30 STONEFIELD FLYER 50/1 EW

It takes a leap of faith, but the yard wasn't in good form for that Month at the start of this year, but is in good form now. There is also a fair chance that it's a bit better on firmer ground, breeding would suggest that a little as well.
OK, it was an early(ish) foal, and theres a chance it was mature for it's age as a 2yo. However, there is a chance it could continue with it's progression again. You do have to ignore Meydan, but as I say the yard was not in form then, and maybe it just didn't like it over there. No problem with Jock. Draw not too bad, as I suspect it'll steadily cross over to track the leaders and might just have enough on this firmer surface to go on from them and hold on from what are usually 6F horses. Obviously not the apparent class horse in the race, but on this CD with the firmer going, might now just turn out to be.

All up, I think it worthy of an EW dabble at the odds.

Last edited:
In the ultimate act of self love I am backing myself to win the Captain's Prize at my local club. I have had the hand-brake on for two years since I came back playing and have gone from 9 to 12 handicap. Today is the day. I hear I am 25/1 with the local illegal bookie. Here comes the pain!

KABOOOOOOMMMM!!!

That's the sound of him blowing up on the 12th tee box.

2.30 Bev. It's a matter of opinion but I have rejected the admirable reasoning above for York Glory and Stonefield Flyer to follow the Trees. Tangerine Trees has served me well over the years mainly because he wins at decent prices. Has won on G/F more than any other surface and has a record at Beverley of 311. The last win was this race last year drawn 9. on G/S. 10/1 is a stonking ew bet.

2.30 Bev. It's a matter of opinion but I have rejected the admirable reasoning above for York Glory and Stonefield Flyer to follow the Trees. Tangerine Trees has served me well over the years mainly because he wins at decent prices. Has won on G/F more than any other surface and has a record at Beverley of 311. The last win was this race last year drawn 9. on G/S. 10/1 is a stonking ew bet.

will take a good effort to lead these Tout..solid front pace horses here...just don't see how it can win...or any other front runner tbh

York Glory now in to 5.8

Thought Stonefield ran a bit better than his 80/1 price.

A race best left alone.

I'll be interested in YG when they give Callan the call.

Spencer just hopeless there. Almost any other jock would've won on that. Come to think of it I would've won on that (well maybe if I lost three or four stone).

KABOOOOOOMMMM!!!

That's the sound of him blowing up on the 12th tee box.

You Cnut! Level par standing on twelfth tee then two out of bounds. They are still picking up pieces of my brains all over the course....it is now a three year handicapping exercise. JP will be proud.

You Cnut! Level par standing on twelfth tee then two out of bounds. They are still picking up pieces of my brains all over the course....it is now a three year handicapping exercise. JP will be proud.

I had 24 points through 9 yesterday!!! Bit of an explosion, finished with 41 but really should have been 46.

Was 41 enough? I should have been 4 or 5 under. The putter got the knee treatment on the 13th. Putting with a 1 iron from there was no better I can assure you. I will be getting exceedingly drunk tonight.

Was 41 enough? I should have been 4 or 5 under. The putter got the knee treatment on the 13th. Putting with a 1 iron from there was no better I can assure you. I will be getting exceedingly drunk tonight.

Its a two day thing, i would doubt it very much if it will even be enough for a prize.

GABRIALS GIFT 4.35 BRIGHTON

Gabrials Gift run well in a 0-85 last time for which he was made co- favourite. He fly leapt the start and stayed on at the finish in the grey horse race at Newmarket. They finished in a heap and already one of the co favourites has come out and won. Before that he was made favourite for a 0-75 at Haydock and didn’t show. He was upset in the stalls that day and the horse raced alone on the stands side and it is form best ignored. Before that he reared in stalls and lost all chance at the start. This has been the picture for most of this season but he did win a 0-70 off 65 in June under Jim Crowley and Jim is back on board today. David Simcock has a fantastic record at Brighton 26-83. However, that improves to 23-54 when his charges are in the first three of the betting. The last two seasons have been productive 8-18. It is interesting that Crowley who has a 25% strike rate for this yard has only ever ridden a rag for the yard at Brighton. This will be run to suit as there are three or four who like to lead here. Conditions are perfect.

Red Larkspur has never won on turf, 0-8 with just one place and her two wins were in fillies’ only races. She has never placed in three races against colts. She is racing within her grade and Hughes has won on her before but she is 0-6 on undulating tracks.

Jinker Noble won a 0-70 off 70 last time and is up 4lbs and in grade here. He beat the disappointing Generalyse and six horses have already come out and failed from that race. He did win the race well but his record when returning to the track inside a month reads 0-8 with just one place. He is 0-10 off marks above 70.

Bosham is a hard puller who is not going to get his own way here but he will help set it up. He won his previous two races and is still feasibly handicapped. He makes his debut against his elders here. Willie Jarvis does well with horses making their debut against the older aged horses, 9-56 and is 1-1 in 2013. He has conditions to suit and he should run well.

Griffin Point has only ever won over 5f, 0-7 over 6f with just one place. All four of her wins have come in class 6, 0-11 in class 5.

Wheres Reilly is just 2-21 on turf and 0-7 on good to firm, though he has won on good ground. He is only 1lb higher than his win at Goodwood earlier in the summer. He is usually pretty consistent. However, Michael Attwater is just 1-65 since May and is currently on a losing run of 33.

We Have A Dream made his debut for Violet Jordan the other day and has conditions to suit today. This won’t be run to suit as he loves to front run.

Conclusion: There is plenty of pace here and that should set it up for a closer. That should suit Red Larkspur and Gabrials Gift. Given Red Larkspur’s record against colts and on turf she is passed over in favour of Gabrials Gift. If he can get his starting problems sorted he could prove to be well handicapped and he should be able to pick these off and further enhance his trainer’s record at Brighton.

Well done again Rob, had this race between Gabrials Gift and Jinker Noble but backed the 2nd at 4/1 EW, couldn't get on the forum earlier to read this as may have changed my mind.

There is only one racecourse in Ireland where Johnny Murtagh hasn't ridden a winner and he rides one there tomorrow ...............when the tide's out;)

Know its a bit boring but Wandering Star should take the 6.15 after easily winning a bumper back in May, of the others theres only 2 who should get anywhere close, Murphy's Delight who has had enough chances now and Ebaniyawho is probably the greater danger and I'll be doing a small forcast with it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back