What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not doing too well at Donny. My bet of the meeting, Annecdote, was not up to level I'd hoped.
Hopefully my second meaningful punt, on Our Jonathan 2.40, will fare better. An old favourite, he is weighted back at a level at which he was capable of winning top races and has conditions to suit. Has changed hands and may well be not what he was but even at this morning's prices, which are well down on last night's levels, he is imo a worthwhile bet.

I'm really annoyed and frustrated with myself for reading the Doncaster draw all wrong. For some strange reason I thought the low draws were stands' side so was more than happy to see the ones I fancied most drawn low. I didn't catch the lead-up to the race so when they were nearly off I was wondering why I couldn't see the colours I was looking for near the camera. As soon as they broke I noticed they were over the far side and my heart sank. To rub salt into the wounds, the first few home with double-figure draws were all well up my figures.

I'm not having a good day so far.

I wouldn't argue that Cubanita would have won by what on earth was Lane doing letting the leaders get so far in front of him at Chester.

Just hoping Libertarian can bring a change of fortune.

My local stable think De Repente will run a big race in the Chester nursery (3-30). She`ll handle the course, will love the going, and has the early pace to take advantage of her good draw. Fill ya boots:).

Much appreciated Dan

I'm really annoyed and frustrated with myself for reading the Doncaster draw all wrong. For some strange reason I thought the low draws were stands' side so was more than happy to see the ones I fancied most drawn low. I didn't catch the lead-up to the race so when they were nearly off I was wondering why I couldn't see the colours I was looking for near the camera. As soon as they broke I noticed they were over the far side and my heart sank. To rub salt into the wounds, the first few home with double-figure draws were all well up my figures.

I'm not having a good day so far.

I wouldn't argue that Cubanita would have won by what on earth was Lane doing letting the leaders get so far in front of him at Chester.

Just hoping Libertarian can bring a change of fortune.

The frustration continues. Betfair are experiencing 'technical difficulties' preventing me from logging in to lay off Foundry.

Oh that they all won like that:). Delighted for the stable who are having their best season. And, for a small stable, their record at Chester is excellent.

Want to watch
Ascription tomorrow in the first race at Ascot who has a good
chance. Beat a horse 4 lengths who was then placed in Betfred Mile at
Goodwood. Ascription finished 2nd last time giving weight but is still
on the up, hopefully he can win tomorrow which would make him a player
in the Cambridgeshire.:p
Won today by 5l at Donny I see, good a chance as anything in the Cambridgshire:)

I'd still maintain that Olympic Glory is overrated for his latest run, and though he doesn't have much to beat, Flotilla (3.45 L) should give him a race, and at Ladbroke's 6/1, with the dead 8 runners, looks a rock solid win & place bet.

Flotilla must have fast ground to show her best. Crack miler given her conditions but she won't win in this ground against this field.

trends ratings for today

3.50 Curragh

63 VOLEUSE DE COEURS
53 ERNEST HEMINGWAY
46 ROYAL DIAMOND
46 AHZEEMAH
46 PALE MIMOSA
37 RED CADEAUX
36 SADDLERS ROCK
36 CERTERACH
17 CHAMONIX
9 EUPHRASIA

=============================================================

4.25 Curragh

66 TOORMORE
57 GIOVANNI BOLDINI
47 SUDIRMAN
37 WILTSHIRE BOULEVARD
28 FRIENDSHIP
9 SNIPER

Last edited:
Darwin is very short at 1.6 on betfair. On his bare form with Gordon Lord Byron he looks an absolute certainty but Ballydoyle don't seem to have any ambitious plans for him being happy enough to go pot hunting -it's also very windy at The Curragh which isn't ideal.Could see him blowing out completely.

Feck me. I saw EC1's post and thought I'll throw a few quid on that. Completely forgot and then watched it hose up :(

Put Layline up here last year when he won at Yarmouth on heavy, can't help thinking he's looking well h'capped on turf again on 67 with jockey taking off another 5lbs. Hasn't run too bad on turf this year and his 5th to Tetbury btn 3 3/4 lengths from 70 doesn't look to bad with the 1st and 2nd winning again, think he has a chance off this weight.

Put Layline up here last year when he won at Yarmouth on heavy, can't help thinking he's looking well h'capped on turf again on 67 with jockey taking off another 5lbs. Hasn't run too bad on turf this year and his 5th to Tetbury btn 3 3/4 lengths from 70 doesn't look to bad with the 1st and 2nd winning again, think he has a chance off this weight.

Another one I missed completely. Great shout SJ

YOU DE Man that's how to win got me out of trouble :D

Nice, well done Stew.

Thanks guys, won very easily didn't it. Funny thing is that i've put this horse up 3 times over the years on different sites and its won every time!:lol:
Great tipping by EC1 as well, although i don't really understand what trend ratings are!

A bit of boasting here, hope you all don't mind!
Posted: 13 Jul 2011 10:57 Post subject: Edit/Delete this post Reply with quote
Layline 4.30 Lingfield.

Gay Kelleway hasn't had a horse good enough to compete in the race run in memory of her father Paul for a few years, but looks to hold a good chance with 2 runners in this years renewal in Layline and Uphold who run in the same ownership. Layline has very good Lingfield form on the AW track and came 2nd in this race last year when trained by Ralph Becket and again ran a very good race over C/D when 3rd to Mafeking for Marco Botti in December. Pretty sure that horse has been looked after since winning over 10fs here for Gay to protect his mark and h'capper very kindly dropped the horse 1lb to enable the horse to qualify for this race.
Uphold was claimed for 14k after winning at Leicester in May over 10fs for Jamie Osbourne and must have been a pleasant suprise to new connections to win 1st time when upped to 12fs at Salisbury, nice to have a plan B but wouldn't have thought this one would have the speed to win dropped back to a mile, but could run on into a place. 1st 2nd

23rd October 2012, 3:42 PM #4576
Simpson Jersey

Not sure if anyone's in the house, but anyway think that Layline looks to have a chance in the next at Yarmouth, usually contests much better races than this, going is the big concern but didn't perform too badly on it lto in a class 3. Presumably they won't go off very quick in this and hopefully his class will see him home.

Strange how some horses are really lucky for you, don't think i've put it up on any other occasions, which horses have been lucky for you posting wise?

Cracking call EC1. Three out of three over two days. More please. Brilliant.:)

Hey SJ, fantastic call on Layline. Excellent stuff.:)

Guys.....:adore:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back