What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers..thought he had blown it pulling a bit early..thats 4 races rated..4 wins,,,think i'll pack in with any other analysis and stick to this:lol:

Steps (3.30) didn't quite last home in the Portland, but showed enough to prove he's up to this class, and the drop back to a stiff 5 will suit him perfectly.

Steps (3.30) didn't quite last home in the Portland, but showed enough to prove he's up to this class, and the drop back to a stiff 5 will suit him perfectly.

Ballesteros will appreciate the easier conditions today in this contest, but I agree with you that Steps has a big chance today.

Last edited:
Last race at Wolverhampton Richard Hughes rides the fav for Marcus Tregonning. First time out this season I fancied it in a mile maiden at Ascot -barely lifted a leg and was beaten after 3 furlongs.They subsequently stepped it up to 12 furlongs where she came 2nd in a slowly run 12 furlong race.
She races against some battle hardened yokes tonight and is worth a place lay at 1.7.

Seeing Hughes crouching down 6 furlongs out was good for the heart. I am more or less out of the game these days and that was my first winning day in months.

Ballyvoneen 3.30 Plumpton

Returning from a 106 day layoff last time out, visual notes record "travelled well, jumping a little off in later stages" despite not making the frame.

Returning to Plumpton today for a seventh course attempt, prior course form figures (not in chronological order) are: UR 5 1 1 1 2. All all runs over this distance and over fences, with the exception of the UR. And all runs under trainer Neil King.

1pt EW

Plumpton Multiple for today with the price I made these in brackets.

15:30 Wait No More @ 12/1 (8/1). Disappointing since scoring over 2m 6f at Newton Abbott on good to firm ground back in June but now just five pounds higher than on that occasion. Poor outing last time out came behind a couple of in-form and well handicapped rivals in Fairwood Massini and Forever My Friend and Dougie Costello’s mount has his first outings at this track since April 2011, he won the first of those off 75 (now 102) and finished runner-up in the second of them over this trip. Today will be his first start over 3 miles plus since he finished second at Newton Abbott in August 2011 and he should go well here.

16:00 Guards Chapel @ 14/1 (7/1). Consistent sort who scored off a stone lower mark when easily winning at Fontwell last month in a Class 4. Ran well off a three pound lower mark when third to Chilworth Screamer over a furlong further (2 1/2m) in a seven runner affair at the same track earlier this month and yard does well here. The form of his victory last month is working out really really well with Mount Vesuvius scoring at both Stratford and Sedgefield since and the fourth Bathwick Man going down narrowly at Bangor and Newton Abbott since also and with the trainers excellent record at his local track and Josh Moore in the plate as usual he looks worth backing here.

16:30 Aimigayle @ 10/1 (7/1). The early 16/1 has disappeared and the NR would give a 10p rule 4 to all the early bets. Suzy Smith’s mare is plummeting down the weights thanks largely to a prolonged spell on the sideline. She was a very solid 130+ horse at her best but is now ten years old and was pulled up on her return from a fifteen month lay-off at Southwell last month. She placed off a seven pound higher mark on her final outing before the lay-off when runner-up to Wild Rhubarb at Uttoxeter over 3 miles in May 2012 and prior to that had finished a very good fourth to Always Waining over the big fences at Aintree in the Topham. She won over a furlong shorter than this off a six pound higher mark in a very competitive Kempton race back in 2008 so should stay this extra furlong on an easier track and the most interesting thing for me is that she pulled up on her return from a prolonged lay off (18 months) at Sandown in February 2011 and came out the following month and finished second at the Cheltenham Festival. Colin Bolger again takes the ride and she looks likely to go well here.

17:30 Hawk Gold @ 9/1 (9/2). The 9/1 about this fellow looks very big given his overall record around this track. He’s off a career high mark of 84 in this but it comes on the back of filling the runner-up spot at Fontwell behind the very well handicapped and in-form Sugar Hiccup at the end of last month. Conor Shoemark scored on him over this course and distance off a mark of 69 in May and he has a win, 2 2nds and 3 3rds from 11 starts here though that record is 7 runs, 1 win, 2 22nd,s 2 3rds if you remove the runs when the word “soft” appears in the going. I don’t rate the trainer much but this horse loves Plumpton and he can go well here.

Good luck Beastman - love Ballyvoneen, partly because he was great for rating the Irish pointers through and then because he loves Plumpton, real star around these parts.

Martin

Hamilton. 3.20 Athenian @ 4/1

The improving 3yo's are obvious contenders, but I like the Prescott horse's formline with Spinatrix and don't have any real concerns about the lay off. Trainer doesn't send many here, but his h/cap strike rate is 16 from 34 for a 47% return.

I did consider an e/w double with the other Prescott runner, North Pole in the 4.20 at 4/1, but whilst he places on a regular basis, I just put off but his overall profile, especially the constant changing of headgear.

Returning from a 106 day layoff last time out, visual notes record "travelled well, jumping a little off in later stages" despite not making the frame.

Returning to Plumpton today for a seventh course attempt, prior course form figures (not in chronological order) are: UR 5 1 1 1 2. All all runs over this distance and over fences, with the exception of the UR. And all runs under trainer Neil King.

1pt EW

I want to know what Roddy has to say on this race ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back