What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned this horse last week as being an unusual entry in Scotland for Gaye Kelleway, but didn't take up his engagement, anyhow turns up at Kempton tonight.This horse is owned by its trainer but for some reason some of its runs in France were under a differant trainers name. Very difficult to compare French provences form with here but i do think that the GB h'capper has not been overly hard on the horse raising him just 6lbs from his last British form.
The prize money today for this class 4 doesn't really compare to what its been winning in France, 7k,10k and 6k. Notice that some of the horses it has beaten have come out and won since, Stranger in Paris has won a 10k race and New Outlook has recently won 2 races at Deauville worth 19k and 26k.
The booking of Ryan Moore is very interesting also as he rarely rides for her and won on his only ride for her this season.
12/1 at the moment, can't see that lasting long and could go off considerably shorter.

Beverley is always a course amenable to Draw Mavens like me, and true enough, Draw 1 won 4 races from 8; and at Carlisle Draw 7 won 3 races from 7. What is perhaps more significant at Carlisle is that 'either-end-of-the-gate' Draws won 5 times - twice at Draw 1, twice at Draw 7, and in the final race at Draw 10. With Carlisle's susceptibility to Draw Bias not producing such massive odds as were available at Ayr - 3 of their 27 runner races were won by Draw 27 twice, and Draw 26 once (Draw 27 3rd)... during their Gold Cup Festival last week... interesting! As someone once said - finding winners is easy: making money is hard work! But relying to a certain extent on the Draw (and at certain courses only) that job becomes somewhat easier. Happy betting.

Hope I`m not going to the well once too often but another from my local stable is strongly fancied today!

Rockie Road was unlucky not to win at Hamilton on Sunday in what seems a stronger race than today`s 4-35 at Carlisle. He seems to have come out of that race well and he`s out again before he`s reassessed. Given reasonable luck in running he should win. Fill ya boots:).

The stable also run Sunni Dancer in the 4-05. Not suggesting a bet but she`s a lot better than her 33/1 morning price would indicate. And Lard will be pleased to know the stable hopes to have plenty of runners at Chester on Saturday:).
And Sunni Dancer second today @ 50/1!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done Dan

5.25 Kempton

had a large lay of Rock N Rouge in this at 1.95.

The sire has a very poor record with 2yo's here..2 wins from 53 and a A/E of just 0.27

Last edited:
i'm fancying a long shot a bit in the 7.00...Divison Bell..taken 20.0's.

Muir is 4/10 at this time of year here in nurseries showing a large profit ..decent draw..worth a few shekels

Hope you did it each-way, EC.

Good call.

small interest Col..his nursery runners are of real significance here over the next month..keep an eye out for them

tough card here tonight..7.30 is only other race of interest due to strong pace looking assured..had a little on Royal Dutch at 13.0..should be mowing em down late

Mentioned this horse last week as being an unusual entry in Scotland for Gaye Kelleway, but didn't take up his engagement, anyhow turns up at Kempton tonight.This horse is owned by its trainer but for some reason some of its runs in France were under a differant trainers name. Very difficult to compare French provences form with here but i do think that the GB h'capper has not been overly hard on the horse raising him just 6lbs from his last British form.
The prize money today for this class 4 doesn't really compare to what its been winning in France, 7k,10k and 6k. Notice that some of the horses it has beaten have come out and won since, Stranger in Paris has won a 10k race and New Outlook has recently won 2 races at Deauville worth 19k and 26k.
The booking of Ryan Moore is very interesting also as he rarely rides for her and won on his only ride for her this season.
12/1 at the moment, can't see that lasting long and could go off considerably shorter.

Superb, good call.

No Poppy ran well to be 2nd Rob, ran into one!
Layline won so easily the other day admittedly from a poorer field that i think he must have a good chance again in the 5.10 on this going, notice that Gaye Kelleway doesn't generally send her horses all the way up here, also has Uphold entered on Saturday which has been winning some good prizemoney in France on soft ground. Will put in a lay IR on Layline about 2 in case the extra furlong stops him.

Just realised when reading through the post that i hadn't put the name up!:eek:
Good job she only had the one runner tonight with Moore on top. Hope you all managed to figure it out!:)

Just realised when reading through the post that i hadn't put the name up!:eek:
Good job she only had the one runner tonight with Moore on top. Hope you all managed to figure it out!:)

It was also the only class 4 on the card ;)

Great call mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back