What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Sheila NR.

Kindlelight Storm 5.50 Kempton.
Only had the 4 runs and looks like 1st 3 were looking for a mark. Well backed lto over 7fs here had to be rousted along early but soon settled towards the rear and travelling well moved through under not hard riding to take it up inside the final furlong and won going away from the 2nd. Should be even better suited by this step up in trip(on breeding and running style) and at 7/1 has a decent chance of following up in this poor race with a 6lb penalty.

just been looking at that Race S...i'm not convinced of stamina for your pick looking at siblings......i really like I'm Harry for this...forget last run at Wolverduston..previous run is as good as anything in the race and was surrounded by well handicapped horses in that race.

Last edited:
Well done EC. You deserve plenty for the work you put in.

Pretty Bubbles last price matched in the place market was 1.04 but I think it finished 4th ( I hope).

cheers guys

6.20 Poyle Vinnie was given a nice ride last time..this is weaker..little to beat here to be fair...sghould be fav..currently 5.6

Last edited:
Runs again tonight at Kempton dropped back to 6fs, didn't run too badly finishing 5th and contests a maiden auction race tonight. I would like to have seen it back on turf but probably time running out for it this year. Shouldn't beat the fav Martial Art but the 7lbs D Parkes claims might just get it into the places at big odds.
At least i got something right!

can't win em all Eagle..looked the winner though

had a go on Copperwood in the 7.50..a little unlucky last time in a solid race....13.5 is ok

I've dutch combo'd three in Bowstar, Woolston Ferry and Copperwood, but a bit concerned about stall 10. The wide stalls have struggled tonight albeit in maidens.

i should have checked Johnstons recent form..nearly as poor as the run from copperwood..stopped though shot off an easy pace..something not right

be interesting to see how badly his king of macedon runs in the next..place lay by the looks of it :)

Last edited:
Another fantastic shout EC1. I stupidly didn't get matched in win market so put it into place market instead after reading about the fav :(

I think that deserves a whoosh !!!!

I thought Buick was going to balls it up but had plenty in hand.

Well done again.

I've got to admit I never thought Johnston's form was so bad for last 2 weeks.

73 3 11 4%

cheers

yes would have won a minute if not stopped 1.5 out...looks well in front of the handicap on that run

think i will draw stumps for the night..been decent

Wolver 6.10 . George Benjamin. e/w @ 16/1 BOG

Clueless how this will trade later on the exchange, but there is very little to be had at the moment.

The fav Dustland Fairytale is a horse that I can let win at the odds. I can't really oppose her but she is just too short.

The gamble on Bert Trick may well be informed but it could drift late on and is another I couldn't back.

Started looking for something to scrape the 3rd spot and came down to Prigsnov Dancer and George Benjamin. PD will probably get the 7f in this poor event but GB appeals to me on three counts.

Although in steady decline, ran in a much better grade race than today's race on the same card last year. Finished down the field but wasn't disgraced off 70 and comes here off 49.

That alone isn't enough to get involved from a trainer who averages 1 winner a season. When checking Fanning's record for trainer; 2/12= 17%, which is quite an achievement for a stable with a 3% OR.

He rarely rides for stable, but it appears it's an arrangement with the owners, The Edwardsons.

They have two other horses with the stable, Spacecraft and Upper Lambourn who were the trainers only two winners since 2011. Both were ridden by Fanning.

Tried to find excuses for the horses poor runs, but did find he performed best off a 6 week break (2,1). Scraping the barrel with that one but he comes here off a 6 week break.

Hopefully show some improved form.

Last edited:
I liked the look of OFF THE PULSE as an 8/1 EW bet in the last at Wolves.

Soul Intent looks 'iffy' while Seaside Rock has a pretty tough draw (unless it's rising standard to slow).

Muthafar looks correctly treated off 70, but might lack the experience required.

Lyric Piece could spoil the win element of the EW bet.

Slight preference for Lyric Piece, but the value seems to be with Off The Pulse.

I've spent too long with it already. As interesting as it is, I'll just be a spectator. Thats as close as I came to finding a bet today.

i fancy one in that race as well Doomster..probably dutch it with yours at the prices

6.10 Wolves

Fantasy Invader - Winston is a positive booking for the stable..last time was expected as was made fav when he rode..i think they will be looking to make up for it tonight or they wouldn't have bothered booking him again

Also -

5.40 Tiger Jim looks a good bet - Wall's horses are running decent speed figures recently ..... the fav daring dragon ran in a very poor maiden last time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back