What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some basic stats

CARRAIG ROCK 5.10 EXETER
Hughie Morrison is 4-6 in juvenile bumpers which includes 3-4 in this race.

PROMISE YOU 2.50 YARMOUTH
Saeed Bin Suroor is 4-8 with the 2yo progeny of Teofilio.

SHERSTON 3.20 YARMOUTH
In the last two years Mark Johnston has returned the following form figures in nurseries at Yarmouth; 3210114, including this race in 2011. Didn’t have a runner last year.

Kempton 6.10 Lady Horatio 40/1 small e/way - trainer 8wins from 54 2yo runners at track

trainer says.
LADY HORATIA
Gr f Mount Nelson - Lady Xara.
Unraced.
"I think the world of her and will have a run towards the end of October. Might be better on the all weather rather than soft. I think she'll win this year."

If I were a betting man I would be having an interest in The Ducking Stool in the 4.20 Yarmouth, Shelley Birkett riding at Yarmouth this season has a strike rate of 8-33 (24%) at a level £1 stake profit of £30.25. She's also 3 wins from 5 starts on The Ducking Stool.

2nd at 12 - 1

Last edited:
If I were a betting man I would be having an interest in The Ducking Stool in the 4.20 Yarmouth, Shelley Birkett riding at Yarmouth this season has a strike rate of 8-33 (24%) at a level £1 stake profit of £30.25. She's also 3 wins from 5 starts on The Ducking Stool.

No Form only5th on todays conditions from a lower mark and Fav won LTO on heavy

Kentfird Grey lady 2.40 5/4 in a match,really v Sonofvic.Kentford goes very well fresh and the ground won't inconvenience.I'd be surprised if it doesn't go in today.

This is off Julia Feilden's Blog
There's just a trio of runners this week, kicked off by Hamble and The Ducking Stool at Yarmouth tomorrow.
Ducky has excelled herself this season with three wins, all at Yarmouth, but as a result is a bit high in the handicap. She surprised us last time by pulling out enough to win so you couldn't rule her out at her favourite track with soft ground in her favour.
Hamble is another genuine horse and he too loves some give in the ground. He ran a blinder at Leicester last time and if he doesn't get too outpaced, he will be in the mix at the finish.

This is off Julia Feilden's Blog
There's just a trio of runners this week, kicked off by Hamble and The Ducking Stool at Yarmouth tomorrow.
Ducky has excelled herself this season with three wins, all at Yarmouth, but as a result is a bit high in the handicap. She surprised us last time by pulling out enough to win so you couldn't rule her out at her favourite track with soft ground in her favour.
Hamble is another genuine horse and he too loves some give in the ground. He ran a blinder at Leicester last time and if he doesn't get too outpaced, he will be in the mix at the finish.

based on that info small ew double is in order
Thanks Guys

Exeter 2.10 Hare In A Round 18/1 3pts e/way - apparently working well and schooled well over hurdles. Hopefully needed run L/T/O

Rise to Glory has been gradually coming to hand in line with his decling h'cap mark and i feel he'll run well tonight.

Has won twice since at 4/1 and 14/1, strange he raced over 10fs last time, but has won over 7fs before and with this draw might just hold on up the rail, Back/lay imo.
Clumber Place would have a very good chance if coming anything like back to form, loves it soft and has run some of his best races in October and G Lee has a good record on her but dropped away quickly lto, might put it in a F/C with Caramelita and RTG.

YARM 16:20 RAAMZ 25/1 EW BOG

It could be that it prefers right handed courses, BUT maybe it just needs soft ground, which it'll certainly get today.
I've looked at her action on the replays and it hasn't looked comfortable on most occasions.

The Sandown run wasn't too bad, but it didn't look totally happy on the ground then either, but ran better than most other occassions despite that. Ran a pretty decent race in GD-SFT at Hamilton over a trip perhaps on the short side (stayed on well after the line).
Can possibly stay the longer trip now in this class, as did run OK in a NHF race at Huntingdon on it's second ever start in slow ground over 1M6F, which was perhaps too far (at the time anyway), though that was a terribly poor race.

Trainer likes a win at Yarmouth, and todays Jockey has arguably got the best out of the horse to date (on faster ground than ideal). It apparently had a breathing problem LTO, but if you ignore that, and just look at the other turf runs, it may actually be progressive if given plenty of cut.

Didn't seem too well suited to poly, possibly more suited to fibresand as an artificial surface. Seemed to travel adequatley enough on it, but perhaps found things happening too quickly, and faded as a result having been up there.

I've had it in my notebook for a while as well, but have no notes on it. That probably means I was weaving through the form book late at night, and through some formlines decided it was worth keeping an eye on. Both the Hamilton and Sandown form has worked out relatively well, so suspect thats why I noted it.

So, maybe a right handed course brings out the best, or soft ground will, or maybe both. I'm going to have a small EW dabble at tasty odds anyway, in the hope that it much prefers to plod on through the mud. I'm not great when it comes to breeding, but there seems to be plenty of soft and heavy form in there as well.

2nd at 12 - 1

Ran damn well DG, only a neck in it at the end. Stil, a decent ew bet all the same.

Kempton 6.10 Lady Horatio 40/1 small e/way - trainer 8wins from 54 2yo runners at track

trainer says.
LADY HORATIA
Gr f Mount Nelson - Lady Xara.
Unraced.
"I think the world of her and will have a run towards the end of October. Might be better on the all weather rather than soft. I think she'll win this year."

Wow, cracking e/w at 33/1, well done SC! Been out all day, otherwise might have had a bit on your advice, but nevermind....:)

MLMRob: Evening went well, tks! Hamble ran OK too to finish 6th of 15, only a bit over 2-1/4 lengths behind the winner. Worth making a note for a future race under similar conditions...........

Tried my hardest to oppose fav Pleasure Bent in the 7.40 at the price, but struggled to be totally honest.

Light Rose may have a little more to come back on the a/w and looks trading proposition at 14.5. Stake lays in a 4.8/2.24/1.81/1.33/1.12.

Light Rose may have a little more to come back on the a/w and looks trading proposition at 14.5. Stake lays in a 4.8/2.24/1.81/1.33/1.12.

Too greedy with the prices. Lowest price hit:

5.20 £157 £304

This Adjusted in the 3.10 Navan has the smell of a Ballydoyle 2nd string coup....Fame and Glory won this race on debut a few years ago as the '2nd string'. Price has contacted due to non runners but will be interesting to see how this fella goes in the market. They haven't had a 2nd string gamble come off yet this year from memory and usually have a nice one annually. Today the day?

Backing unraced 2yo's is something I do best to avoid, particularly at this time of year and at Newmarket.

However, Archduchess took my eye last night for a few reasons. I was hoping to drip feed the market at 50.0, but never got matched and there has been steady support for this one.

Guest has a poor record here but is doing very well with his 2yo's this year and three of his seven winners managed to win on debut.

The other reason for the punt was her half sister romped through the mud yesterday, under the same breeder/ownership.

May well need further, but the sire's progeny have only had 17 runs with 3 wins @ 6f,7f and yesterdays 8f.

Also relying on quality of opposition but I've averaged 17.0 (not 50.0) and it's a case of fingers crossed.

However, Archduchess took my eye last night for a few reasons. I was hoping to drip feed the market at 50.0, but never got matched and there has been steady support for this one.

Very poor, so the place layer collects. Looked a poor race so be interesting to see how they progress.

Princess Sheila 8.10
The 2nd horse runs at Kempton tonight and is from my "to follow" list, purely on the visual impression from its last run at Bath, when last 3 1/2 furlongs out finished very strongly to be a close 5th to Tigers Home. The 2nd had won a little race at Wolver and the 3rd had won at Bath 2 runs before, has only run here once from 62 btn 7 lengths last November, hasn't run much so could be some improvement to come and by Jeremy this 7fs should suit.[/QUOTE]

Runs again tonight at Kempton dropped back to 6fs, didn't run too badly finishing 5th and contests a maiden auction race tonight. I would like to have seen it back on turf but probably time running out for it this year. Shouldn't beat the fav Martial Art but the 7lbs D Parkes claims might just get it into the places at big odds.

This Adjusted in the 3.10 Navan has the smell of a Ballydoyle 2nd string coup....Fame and Glory won this race on debut a few years ago as the '2nd string'. Price has contacted due to non runners but will be interesting to see how this fella goes in the market. They haven't had a 2nd string gamble come off yet this year from memory and usually have a nice one annually. Today the day?

Not off today

Newmarket 4.10 Danjeu e/way - Trainers 2nd string as he has fav but the dam of this horse ran well over 7f to finish close 2nd f/t/o on soft in her 2yo race. They paid 3/4 million guineas for this horse out of Montjeu ex Wanna(Danehill Dancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back