What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was running fine for most of the race, then hit a brick wall. Might be passed his best. Finished 5th of 6. I had my cash on Gods own who ran pretty green but was a very impressive winner.

Thanks, I feared that answer

MODIFY 2.40 SOUTHWELL

Modify has been running in better class races than this without much success but this daughter of New Approach will be seen in better light on this surface. Modify was stone cold last, last time but she was well out of her depth. She has a piece of form when beaten just 9ls to Inyordreams at Thirsk in August which gives her a big chance here. The winner subsequently run with credit in a class 2 nursery off 76 and was favourite for a class 5 nursery off 75. The second was The Hooded Claw and he was beaten 3ls in the listed 2yo Trophy at Redcar and won his maiden last week. Modify’s dam has an excellent record at Southwell with her offspring, 6-10. This is the seventh offspring of Hill Welcome Bryan Smart has trained and he managed to get a win with all the others.

Pennine Warrior was made second favourite for a nursery at Ayr and finished fifth beaten 11.5ls last time. However, the form of his race behind Inyordreams with Modify behind would make him of great interest here as he finished some 6.5ls ahead of Modify. Off the same weight he should confirm the placing’s but this is a different test. He is by Lucky Story so he should handle the fibresand. However, his dam is Discoed and five of her six offspring have failed to win a race. The winner was Je Suis Un Rockstar who won twice at Southwell. Scott Dixon is 2-72 with 2yos, 0-19 in 2013. One of his winners was at Southwell.

Motamayezah was last to Kingman on her racecourse debut and hasn’t been seen since. The first two look a bit special but the rest are a much of a muchness. She is by Tamayuz who is 0-4 here and 3-88 overall with his offspring on the all weather.

Kinkoheyo is the second Smart entry. She is a daughter of Indesatchel who is 0-21 with his offspring here. 8-193 on all artificial surfaces.

Misstemper is a daughter of Diamond Green who is 0-25 here with his progeny.

Biscuiteer is the second Dixon runner and has been well beaten in her three races to date. She is by Byron so she should handle the surface. She is a half sister to Threes Grand who was one of Dixon’s two 2yo winners. She might be worth noting for a handicap round here this winter.

Doncaster Belle was beaten 18ls in a nursery a few days ago and hasn’t been sighted in ten races now. She is a daughter of Ad Valorem, 1-25 here and only 4-72 with his offspring over 5f.

Molly Malone has been tailed off in her two races to date and expect the same today. The daughter of Byron will be another who will be better off in handicaps.

Conclusion: Pennine Warrior is very short for what he has achieved. His second to Yajamila over 6f here proved he should handle the surface. He is by Lucky Story who is 6-20 over 5f here but Scott Dixon has an awful record with 2yos though he is 4-4 with all horses that start 6/4 or less. Bryan Smart knows the family of Modify well and she should have matured a bit since being beat by Pennine Warrior. Smart has had two runners in 2yo maidens at Southwell this year and has saddled a winner and a second. Graham Lee rode the winner. Lee is 3-9 for Smart this year, 3-3 when the horse is priced at single figure odds. It looks between the two of them but preference is for Modify.

Exeter 4.20 Bygones Sovereign Back to Lay - His style of racing and this drop in class he is almost certain to lead or be in front two and trade a lot shorter before stamina doubts set in. Ive backed at 12.0 and will lay in running about 3.5.

1.50 Rydon Pines has a good form chance here..think the fav flemeson is under threat from a few of these actually...drifted to 19.0 but will have a win+place on it

Sth 4.10 Beacon Tarn W&P @ 14.5/2.82

Was going to just lay Milkwood whose sire has only had one winner here ovber 12f.

Beacon Tarn should benefit from surface and although needs to find 20lb+ with the fav, I'm banking on a combination on improvement from BT and deterioation from Milkwood.
doomster is online now Report Post

quality call

cheers Doom..was also going to lay the fav with those stats..but followed you in ..a great afternoon all in all

Last edited:

Was going to just lay Milkwood whose sire has only had one winner here ovber 12f.

Beacon Tarn should benefit from surface and although needs to find 20lb+ with the fav, I'm banking on a combination on improvement from BT and deterioation from Milkwood.

Bollocks just missed it good call 10/1

I'm pretty sure Hugh Taylor normally flags them up, so I'm guessing he wanted to make sure he got on. :)

Well done!!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back