What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VALMINA 2.20 LINGFIELD

Valmina just failed in a 0-75 last time when beaten a neck off 71. He has a 4lbs hike for that. The sixth home has come out and won a 0-75. He previously finished fifth home in the stand side group in the Bronze Cup. Best Trip franked that form yesterday in a 0-85 and the second and third home have placed in 0-85. From the far side both Cheveton, 0-85, and Ashpan Sam, 0-90 have won. He has won on this track and should run well.

Wooden King finished ahead of Valmina on 14th September and is 3lbs worse off for beating him 4ls.Wooden King is 2-4 here but both the wins came in class 6. He is 8lbs higher than his last win in a 0-65 but he did win off this mark in 2012. However, he is 0-4 on the all weather in 0-70 or 0-75 and 0-5 off a mark of 73. His highest winning mark on the all weather is 61.

Lujeanie is plummeting down the handicap and races off his lowest mark for four years. His fourth in a 0-70 last time was his best form since joining Peter Crate but he has only got a claiming win to his name in the last two years. I’m sure he will have a race in him somewhere but probably not at this level.

Speedyfix hasn’t run for 140 days and is 0-4 after a break of 120 days or more. He is 0-11 in class 5 and 0-12 in 0-70 or 0-75.

Catflap is 0-10 on artificial surfaces. She is 4lbs higher than her win in a 0-75 at Windsor in July. She is 0-6, never placed off marks 57-60.

Billy Red is 5lbs lower than his win round here in March. He has won five times at this track. He has to make the running and with Catflap and Ask The Guru in the race he is going to be involved in a pace battle. He has been held up recently which I presume is to get his mark down and he looks dangerous.

Ada Lovelace won a 0-65 off 62 in January and is 5lbs higher here. She met a lot of trouble in running last time in a 0-70 and she has had four attempts at winning a 0-75, never placing.

Bapak Bangsawan won his maiden round here in March. He has a third in a 0-80 off this mark in May which would give him a squeak as the race has worked out well with six horses winning eight races since. He found Newcastle’s 5f too stiff and the return to 5fround here should suit. Fallon is just 3-34 for this yard but has a record of 224 from just three rides for Ryan at Lingfield. Bapak Bangsawan’s best form is when he leads and he isn’t certain to get that here.

Ask The Guru will help force the pace but is 0-5, never placed, on artificial surfaces. He is a weak finisher.

Stud Farmer has two wins to his name, both sellers, and has spent the summer in claiming and selling company. Pulled Up on his hurdles debut last time, he is now with his third trainer this year. John Panvert is 1-20 with other peoples cast offs on their debut run for him.

Conclusion: There looks to be plenty of pace here so this looks a good opportunity for Valmina as the race will be run to suit him. He should pick this lot off and find this a lot easier than recent assignments.

Billy Red is 5lbs lower than his win round here in March. He has won five times at this track. He has to make the running and with Catflap and Ask The Guru in the race he is going to be involved in a pace battle. He has been held up recently which I presume is to get his mark down and he looks dangerous.

Still a great write up Rob, even without the winner.

Ling 2.50 Kilburn W&P @ 26.0/5.5

I expected some late money for this. 3 wins plus 2 more place from 8 runs here. Last ran on bad ground at Wolver and ran better than bare result lto.

Off a decent mark.

Kilburn gets a flyer in a false start and can't pull him up. Too big to trade and guaranteed he won't get pulled out.

twilight meeting at wolves tonight.

4.50 jaeger connoisseur 7/1
5.20 dancing sal 7-2
7.20 chookie royale 5-2

little Trixie and placepots good luck lads

Wolver 5.50 Jolly Red Jeanz. Win @ 3.3

I'm guessing it was EC who mentioned Tamayuz poor record on p/t so really don't want to be with the fav Au Chullainn, even with an OR of 75.

Baltic Brave is another that may not go on surface. Full sister was tried on the surface but in one faie run but never progressed, without a win from 8 runs.

Jolly Red Jeanz put in a fair run on 2nd run, even though she took the widest route from the wide draw.

I can't really see anything else to spring a surprse.

Decent bet.

Time for the pub.

Missed what happened to her in the stalls, but doubt it made any difference.

6.20 History Book has great sire stats here and applebys horses are running decent figures at the moment,,no prob FTO..little to beat here..should be 5/4 ish..strong bet of the night

Last edited:
He got the 4000 up today but with his daughter's birthday being tomorrow, I wonder whether JP and Jonjo are unleashing a decent sort in the closing bumper and had entered it with AP jocked up for his only ride of the day as a sure fire backup if he had missed out today.

Tenuous possibly but I've had worse reasons for backing a horse so will throw a few weekend beer tokens at Forthefunofit at around the 5/2 mark.

6.20 History Book has great sire stats here and applebys horses are running decent figures at the moment,,no prob FTO..little to beat here..should be 5/4 ish..strong bet of the night

Great call EC1. Spot On as per usual.

I thought you may have taken on Tweed EC ?

Progeny best on turf, sire had already a 1/5 loser at track (seller) and quick re-appearance.

Brian Ellison has a brilliant record with handicap chasers that he has acquired from other yards. Their record on their debut for him reads 1221F1.

INOOGOO 1.40 SOUTHWELL
Inoogoo was beaten 5ls by Unioniste at Aintree a year ago. That horse went on to win a Grade 3 before finishing fourth in the RSA and started this season with a third in the Charlie Hall. Inoogoo was apparently suffering from a back problem last season and if Ellison has got this sorted he could be very well handicapped.

PRESENTED 3.55 HEXHAM
Presented is the second Ellison runner in a handicap chase that he has acquired from another yard.
Presented looks very well handicapped for his debut. He was beaten 1l in a novice chase a year ago behind Bendant and Material Boy. Bendant went on to win off 102 and then finish second off 112. The second went on to win off 101 whilst the fourth has since won off 100 and 107. He has won a point to point and this looks a good opportunity.

Greetings from Hexham!

Now seen first race conditions. My bets are [BOG]

1.20-Notonebuttwo @ 8-1 [Paddy Power] EW

1.50-Samson Collonges @ 11-2 [Paddy Power] EW

2.25-Wave Breaker @ 12-1 [Boylesports] EW

3.25-Have You Had Yours @ 12-1 [Boylesports] EW

Greetings from Hexham!

3.25-Have You Had Yours @ 12-1 [Boylesports] EW

Hope you were on the Charlie Bucket gamble in the first Placebacker!

3.45 Torrington Deal - small e/way outsider - Took a while to know what was happening last time out and sprinted at the end of race - hopefully knows what to to today - fun bet

Last edited:
5.55 Groundworker clocked a decent speed figure two ago in teh context of this race..Ryan has a poor record here with FTOers so don't fear distant past and not simply black either

Groundworker is a knocking bet at 4.0 here

Greetings from Hexham!

3.25-Have You Had Yours @ 12-1 [Boylesports] EW Won

Good day out.. :)ending on a high

Having a little EW bet on Uphold in this 6.30, won a few decent races in France and won well at Kempton under Ryan Moore, slightly different jockey tonight but back over its best distance looks overpriced, currently 25/1 Betfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back