What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had a bet for a good few days so i've had a scan through the 4.50 Wolverhampton to find something to take the fav on with.
Most of these haven't been in much form and the 2nd fav Available strikes me as more of a 7f horse, so my EW punt will be on Tiger's Home who showed improved form to win at Bath lto on G/F which was an improvement on its runs over further and on soft going. Effectively runs w/o a penalty today as its jockey couldn't claim in that Apprentice race but can claim 5lb today. Seems quite a big price in this field on B/F at 18/19, but 5/2 a place looks more likely.

Most of these haven't been in much form and the 2nd fav Available strikes me as more of a 7f horse, so my EW punt will be on Tiger's Home who showed improved form to win at Bath lto on G/F which was an improvement on its runs over further and on soft going. Effectively runs w/o a penalty today as its jockey couldn't claim in that Apprentice race but can claim 5lb today. Seems quite a big price in this field on B/F at 18/19, but 5/2 a place looks more likely.

Well done SJ.

I was looking at the market more than the race but no one seemed to want to it's price in running even inside the distance and she didn't look that busy, but I did only have a brief look.

I was very cautious with place only bets on Tigers and Song Of Parkes. I was happy enough with the initial result until I noticed a total stake lay back on SOP was matched @ 1.08. Got me baffled but not complaining.

Happy enough Doomster, not too suprised it drifted in light of support for the fav but 5/2 a place beats backing the odds on winner imo!

Good luck with yours Doomster, have to go out so won't have a bet in that race, Just backed Echua in the 5.50, ran so well behind Mr Burbidge we backed last week.

Had a little EW dabble on WE HAVE A DREAM. I'm hoping SC is right about Lager Time as I equally fancied that one and it's been backed in a little.

Good luck with yours Doomster, have to go out so won't have a bet in that race, Just backed Echua in the 5.50, ran so well behind Mr Burbidge we backed last week.

Cheers mate. I've had a great couple of hours at Wolver, so I won't be complaining too much if they fail.

Echua still looks worth following, although the Johnson horse did have me concerned as soon as he held him up at the back. Probably worth looking at Evermore's trip around again, as I'm guessing he was 4 wide the whole way.

Well done Doomster & Simpson - good ride from Eaves there Doomster

Cheers lads. I thought he got a bit to brutal in the end, but I shouldn't complain with a winning ride.

2.40 Exeter-Valdez @ 11-8 [Bet Victor] BOG

Ive been waiting for this horse to make his chasing debut, and managed to get the early 2-1.

GREGORI 2.30 LINGFIELD
Gregori run in an ordinary 0-60 last time making all. However, since then the race form has been franked many times. The second won a 0-65 a couple of days ago off the same mark. The third was Powerful Pierre who has racked up three wins since, the latest off 6lbs higher in a 0-75. The fifth has won a 0-55,the seventh has won twice, the latest a 0-65 off 6lbs higher and Rise To Glory was third to Speightown Kid off 11lbs higher. Gregori was fifth to Burren View Lady in August at Wolverhampton and that was another race that has worked out well. Burren View Lady is now racing off 17lbs higher. The key to Gregori looks to have been the fitting of the tongue tie and the polytrack surface. He could quite easily make all again here.

Compton Prince won his last race at Bath but has yet to show an aptitude towards this surface, 0-8. He won a moderate 0-60 last time over 5f so the return to 6fprobably will not suit, 0-7 with just the one place.

Presumido was third in a maiden last time not far behind the 70 rated winner. The form doesn’t look worth taking at face value as he has been previously beaten a head in a 0-55.He looks like he needs an extra furlong and by the time he gets going here the winner may well have gone. Simon Dow is struggling at present, 0-23 stretching back to September.

Thorpe Bay was beaten by Speightown Kid last night and shouldn’t beat Gregori on a line through that horse. Both his wins have come on fibresand and he is 0-6 here with just one place.

Homeboy’s three wins were all sellers and he is 0-12 in handicaps over 6f with 4 places. Best he can hope for today. He is 0-25 in double figure fields.

Perfect Pastime was beaten just over 2ls in a 0-70 off 60 last time and had Jay Bee Blue just ahead of him who has since won two. However, Perfect Pastime has never placed on the all weather from 8 attempts and is 1-21 over 6f.

Verus Delicia has had four attempts on the all weather and unplaced in them all. She is a three time winner over 6f but her trainer is in awful form, 0-32 stretching back to December.

Dishy Guru is 2-7 here and Fergus Sweeney rides today, 1-2. He is 12lbs lower than his last winning all weather mark and his third in a 0-70 off 65 in April gives him a big chance. He has won after a break before. However, he is usually slowly away and likes to be held up and that may well not suit today.

The Wee Chief is 5lbs below his last winning mark which was in February 2012. He has been in the doldrums all year and that may well be part due to Jimmy Fox having a torrid time this year, 1-44 in 2013.

Night Trade is 1-23 on the all weather and 1-46 in double figure fields, 0-16 on the all weather.

Lucky Mark is just 1lb above the mark he won at Kempton in January but both his wins came inside a fortnight of his last run and he is 0-5 after a break of a month or more.

Conclusion: Only 1lb separates this lot on the handicap but the two 3yos have the most scope. Gregori could well get a soft lead here and he may not come back. The tongue tie looks to have had a positive effect and he comes from a yard that does well here between October and December, 20-132. That improves when they go off favourite to 10-21. Dishy Guru looks best of the older horses and I would imagine he will run into a place if he’s fit.

Well done PB.

I think it's worth persevering with Gregori Rob. Connections of winner sounded quite bullish pre race .

Kempton 4.50 Perfect Pasture. Win @ 4.4
Ubetterberbegood. Place saver.

Possibly a lazy pick, backing a fav with no experience on the surface, but he's put some decent times in, is progressive and only real concern is getting a decent pitch from wide draw.

Easterby at Kempton with horses @ 3/1 or lower: 6/16= 37.5%

More interesting is the owners horses rarely travel, but excellent resuts when they do.

Kempton/Lingfield. 3/6= 50%.

Rather than win save on Ubetterbegood, gone place only in the hope they come 1-2 or 1-3.

Jockey booking looks significant returning to the race he won last season.

Although the market was false with Daneside going off a crazy price, I'm a bit worried that the inside will dominate with the 1st three in stalls 2 (20/1), 6 (9/2) & 1 (14/1).

Money is on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back