What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HITCHENS 3.10 LINGFIELD

Hitchens won this race three years ago and arrives here after an excusable run in the Bengough at Ascot. He is 0-4 on good to soft and the run is best forgotten. He had previously been beat just over a length by Russian Soul in a Group 3 at the Curragh again on ground a little too slow for him. That looks solid form with the fifth Balmont Mast winning a listed race. Behind him was Maarek who has since won a Group3. Hitchens is 10-40 over 6f which improves to 3-9 in listed company over that distance. His record reads; 215431415. However, that improves again on good, good to firm or standard to 3-7. He beat Ballista in the Queensferry at Chester in August and is 1lb worse off for beaten that rival 1.5ls. Hitchens tracked him that day and took control close home.

Ballista won this race last year but he had a soft lead, something he won’t get today. He should run well but the pace battle may not leave anything left for the late challenges.

Haweyethenoo will be finishing with a rattle but he is 0-4 going round a left hand bend and 0-3 on polytrack.

Hoodna has a lot on for a 3yo. Thirteen have tried and all have failed in this race. She gets 9lbs from Hitchens but this is big step up in grade. Sixteen fillies have tried to win this race and only one has succeeded and that was the David Barron trained Jaconet.

Lancelot Du Lac is a 3yo. He gets 4lbs from Hitchens but is 10lbs inferior on official figures. He is another stepping up in grade.

Take Cover is rated 10lbs inferior to Hitchens but only gets 4lbs. He will be involved in a speed battle.

Tiddliwinks is 5-9 on the all weather and has his perfect conditions. He is 0-7, never placed after a break of 49 days or more. He struggled in a conditions race last time, a race he should have done better in and if he is over what was troubling him he could run well.

Valbchek has run in listed and group 3 company four times and unplaced in them all.

Zanetto is a 3yo who is 0-3 after a break of a month or more.

Tangerine Trees and Fratellino both like to force the pace but neither should trouble the judge. Tangerine Trees hasn’t won in this company for two years and Fratellino is 0-18 over 6f.

Conclusion: This will be set up by Fratellino, Tangerine Trees, Ballista and Take Cover. Hitchens should be able to keep tabs on them and pick them off in the straight. The fact that David Barron is 2-3 in this race would suggest that this is a target for Hitchens.

Solar Deity (2.00 Ling) won this last year, and looks to have been prepped with a repeat in mind.

Last edited:
GROUSE LODGE 2.05 WETHERBY

The last 10 runnings of this race have gone to an Irish Bred horse with just 1-3 wins over the bigger obstacles. Grouse Lodge and Denali Highway are the only two qualifiers this year. Caroline Bailey hasn’t had a winner since April, 0-54 so it may well be best left to Grouse Lodge who is 5-7 in fields of 7 runners or less

Great tipping yesterday fellahs, well done! My bet Gurkha Brave ran well to finish 4th in the bumper at Newcastle, and probably needed the run. Worth putting in notebook for NTO.

Thanks Guys

1.40 Uttoxeter-Royal Palladium

Each Way @ 10-1 [Bet 365] BOG

Up against a hot pot, but he looks a stayer in the making

Lots of money for Shutthefrontdoor in the next. I've already backed him, always thought this horse would make a serious chaser. In my TTF as well.

I've doubled Champion Court to place in d PP gold cup with Israel Folau anytime ts v Ireland in d rugby. 6-1.

On the understanding that I've been known to be wrong...

I've gone very high with my rating for Sametegal last time out. If I'm right he wins easily (Greatwood). If not it's business as usual.

And in the opener, Kingsmere is a cliff job.

Last edited:
It looked a good gallop and he was outbattled, great ding dong battle.:)

I feel for you though....I would have felt gutted if they'd finished the other way around.

Unlucky Desert Orchid.

Last edited:
I don't know, marble. He got a good neck up after the last and within two strides he was a neck behind. I'll need to review the race again and see how the front two ran from the last relative to the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back