What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odin (7.10) has won twice since they've established his best trip without breaking sweat and, raised only 4lb for the latest, should again take this comfortably. Pace almost guaranteed in amateur rider races, and an extremely capable pilot up.
3/1 best as I write, but likely to go off considerably shorter.

Very strange ride from the jockey!

Done by the stop/start pace, imo; they slowed it down round the back, and it turned into a sprint finish.
He'll be back.

WOLV 5:40 BINT MALYANA 2/1
Should have the measure of these considering it's good clocking LTO over CD.

Last edited:
Bint Malyana is my only bet today.

Would also like to say that despite the terrible stats for CHRISTOPHER CHUA in the 4:10 (yard course stats for older horses 3%, never won etc), there is no way I'd oppose it.
Today could well be the day, though I'm not prepared to put money on it being so, it is enough to put me off touching anything else in the field.

Last edited:
I do expect My Propeller to go in at Meydan, group horse in a handicap and when Peter Hyam has one ready I like to be on side.

3:35 Catterick - Gone Forever

(Had a bit of the 11/4 for this one in the last at Catterick).

A poor day, but ive had one..pint..and so fullbright to bring back home my bacon

3.40 Wolverhampton.
Impeccability. 11/2

Thought this little horse showed a marked step up in performance for the extra distance lto when splitting D Cantillons This is me and Geeaitch lto over C/D with the rest of the field well spread out. Travelled well throughout the race before kicking on into the turn for the straight and only just got caught inside the final 100m.
This is me had won at Kempton from an 8lb lower mark previously and i think a similar performance will see this homebred horse go very close running against some real slow boats today, have covered in the place market as well.

Brought this up even though horse was ultimately dissapointing, drawn wide couldn't get a posy and this little horse got bumped and knocked about into the straight losing any chance it had. Eventual winner Primacy had been beaten more than 5 lengths by This is me on previous run.

Anyway perservering with this formline with This is me and Geeaitch to go with Geeaitch tonight.
Who would have thought that this horse would remain winless since winning here over 9fs in 2012 easily beating Boonga Roogeta who won next 4 races and 3 more later, last win off 86 with Outlaw Torn in 3rd,(won next 2 races) and Tatting in 4th(won nto and now rated 79.
Hopefully Geeaitch is returning to something like that previous form and would look a decent bet in this field at 4/1 if it is.

Hopefully Geeaitch is returning to something like that previous form and would look a decent bet in this field at 4/1 if it is.

Tough luck SJ.

Backed it myself and gutted on two counts.

Had a double stake lay back @ 1.21 which I failed to put in play and the bugger went 1.08.

The winner finished 18 lths behind it when they last met.

Kings Chorister (Sedgefield 3:15) is a horse that although appears hit and miss, is actually genuine but usually when on a low enough handicap rating. Also has a 7 pound claimer on board taking weight off. This horse comes out best if you factor-in overall form and the weight it carries. Sooner or later he will win one of these races, tomorrow looks like the day to me.

Lingfield 3.30 - Living Leader looks like another genuine horse having won his maiden then very next outing in a handicap race just over a year ago. He got penalized with a hike in the weights to the high 70's /or low 80's, disappointed for a few runs but ran really well last time with visors on when 3rd, now rated just 68 ..I think he will win tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well done with Fulbright Marble. On a great run.

I spent way too long looking at the 3.30. Took the 100/30 on Keane last night, then spent this morning trying figure out why I backed it. Even though closely matched with Special Mix on the the last run here, I initially thought the fav may have more improvement.

The problem I have is I'm not sure he truly gets 12f and the fact that The Geeatich folded before the line yesterday ( same sire) has made me decide to trade it in running.

I'm also not sure whether Fitzpatrick for Steward is a positive. Steward is at the track, so I really would have expected him to get the leg up.

1:45 Sedgefield - Mrs Grass e/w

(First to admit that this is an awful race, but Mrs.G might just plug on to finish in the frame. Backed her e/w at the generally-available 14/1. Not particularly inspired bet, but will be my only one of the day).

GL all!

1:45 Sedgefield - Mrs Grass e/w

(First to admit that this is an awful race, but Mrs.G might just plug on to finish in the frame. Backed her e/w at the generally-available 14/1. Not particularly inspired bet, but will be my only one of the day).

GL all!

Looks fundamentally a very slow animal, but it's a dire contest so definitely a place prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back