What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, after Lady Luck's ball kicking yesterday, I decided to throw my space hoppers in there.

GET IN ! :)

Can't believe it went back out to 7's though. Don't they trust me? :)

Last edited:
Can't believe it went back out to 7's though. Don't they trust me?

take a look at the live show Chris. dropped back to 7's about 2 seconds before the off. The drift on b/f was much bigger.

7/1 6/1 8/1 10/1 8/1 7/1

WOLV 1:30 CASPIAN PRINCE
WOLV 2:00 EXPECT

Had thought about an EW double, but due to the NR's it doesn't look a wise move anymore. I'll not be bothering today. EXPECT might represent a touch of value at 4's, but I'm not strong enough on it's chances to have a bet.

Ruwaiyan (4.00) murdered a similar field to this when first dropped back to today's c/d, but couldn't maintain that progress when failing to last home against a stronger pace subsequently.
With no obvious pace in the race, should get more of his own way today and the current 4/1 (drifting) does not reflect his chances.

11/01/14 LING 12:55 LUJEANIE 7/1 EW

Has been too keen both times wearing blinkers. Nose bled LTO after doing best of the pair setting the strong pace. This CD is ideal. Down to 69 now, with the pieces re-applied. Jock knows horse well. Draw isn't great though, hence the EW security. A late and fast run is what I'm hoping for. Haadeeth will hopefully pester Rise To Glory enough for the pace to be good.

Monsier Royale rates a danger as showed a liking for the course LTO (Lujeanie was in race). Hard to know if it'll get the better of Lujeanie over this extra furlong with a 1lb swing + 3lb claim. However, I think Lujeanie will enjoy this CD a bit more with the blinkers off and the pieces back on.

EDIT - I've snatched the 7's, but 13/2 still available with 365.

Superb Chris:)

I think Captain Chris is a bit of a good thing and 2/1 is excessive. Twinlight is unlikely to stay and Champion Court will struggle to confirm Huntingdon form considering Chris looked a bit burly that day and will strip fitter now.

Good luck.

Great call Euro:)

I have been reliably informed the 4.25 at Pau will be won by a horse whose name starts with the letter V:rolleyes:

maybe should have put this on the will win thread

Last edited:

Had thought about an EW double, but due to the NR's it doesn't look a wise move anymore. I'll not be bothering today. EXPECT might represent a touch of value at 4's, but I'm not strong enough on it's chances to have a bet.

Good call Chris, nice drift as well.

Good shout CP, you seem to do better when you don't back them!:)

Well done to the winners recently. I wouldn't back the favourite in the 3:30 at that price although his form entitles him to go close. The one to take it on with is Brown Pete, who ran too poorly to be true last time, but with a new stable, off a really low mark, no surprise if he came good today. Worth chancing at the price.

Can someone advise me the reason behind these races?

Theyr'e usually called AQPS races, (autre que pur sang)which basically means not listed as a thoroughbred.

The Fellow and Mon Mome are probably the best known AQPS bred horses.

I think the Initial letter is to do with their year of birth. This race was for those foaled five years ago. Quevega started her racing career in one of these races.

Ruwaiyan (4.00) murdered a similar field to this when first dropped back to today's c/d, but couldn't maintain that progress when failing to last home against a stronger pace subsequently.
With no obvious pace in the race, should get more of his own way today and the current 4/1 (drifting) does not reflect his chances.

Apologies for that - ran a stinker. :(

All I've managed to come up with tomorrow is BRETHERTON in the 2:50, but it's going to be a very short price, too short for me to be backing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back