What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutch Rifle now N/R and Red Star Lady drifting to a value price I suggest adding Akinspirit 8.45 14/1 CD, Dundalk down in grade and below last winning mark

I've got RSL in D&T combos, but up against the stinky stable ( in fact this one is double stinky if you look at previous outfit); 14/1 into 2/1. No surprise to see it drift on the exchange before the off.

I'm waiting to see what money is flying around for Mac's Power in the 1.00 Lingfield.

No BOG for this kid. Stuck with an EW at 5/2. I'll not be adding anything else today, good luck with your bet though.

Edited - I'll not be posting on here for a while. I'm finding myself spending too much time on the forum, but I also don't like the thought of Guests and non posters parasitically reading the board.

It's a decision I made a few days ago. If any of the regulars (that I don't know away from here) would like me to email them my thoughts on the odd AW race which I've gone into, then PM me your email address and I'll send them to you.

Good luck.

Can I just say, the reasons to allow non members to read the forum was that if they can't we rarely got new members. The whole forum used to be members only but since I allowed everyone the membership has gone up a lot, and so have the active users.

If others feel this way, an option could be to add a subforum called maybe 'todays selections' and have that set to members only. Anyone else any thoughts on it?

I've got RSL in D&T combos, but up against the stinky stable ( in fact this one is double stinky if you look at previous outfit); 14/1 into 2/1. No surprise to see it drift on the exchange before the off.

I'm waiting to see what money is flying around for Mac's Power in the 1.00 Lingfield.

Pallet and Recycling Ltd, yeah right. Looking at the horses they 'own', it doesn't take a genius to work this one out.

Pallet and Recycling Ltd, yeah right. Looking at the horses they 'own', it doesn't take a genius to work this one out.

Take a look at the owner prior to 03.01.14, Rob.

No BOG for this kid. Stuck with an EW at 5/2. I'll not be adding anything else today, good luck with your bet though.

Edited - I'll not be posting on here for a while. I'm finding myself spending too much time on the forum, but I also don't like the thought of Guests and non posters parasitically reading the board.

It's a decision I made a few days ago. If any of the regulars (that I don't know away from here) would like me to email them my thoughts on the odd AW race which I've gone into, then PM me your email address and I'll send them to you.

Good luck.

Can`t see the point at all. If posters want to go then so be it.

The Pallet crew have had it right off on this one. Serious brains in this company, time to float on the stock exchange!

I strongly fancy Days Hotel to run a big race tomorrow.I can find excuses for his last 4 runs-Fairyhouse at Easter the ground was too fast,he raced against two legends at Punchestown,against Flemenstar he was being niggled at an early stage in the race and ran on well at the finish.I thought his last defeat at Cork was down to the ground being faster then the official description because he never travelled a yard.However I met a man today who told me that he had a decent ew bet on him the last day only to be told by one of the owners family that the horse wasn't right and that he should try to offload the bet.I think tomorrow he will appreciate the soft ground and strong handling from Richard Johnson.I would make him favourite to beat Hidden Cyclone in a match bet and even though there are 2 really good horses at the head of the market I make him a sporting bet at 12/1.

Delighted to read this Luke. I had gone through the race several times looking for value and found it in Days Hotel. Henry posted on fb saying he'll love the ground. The simplicity of his post made me think the horse has a live chance. All his best form is on Soft To Heavy. I love Somersby but looking through his form, heavy ground worries me. At the ratings, on this ground, I agree with your wording, Days Hotel is a sporting bet.

I've had a decent place bet, small win.

Vintage Star (3.15) ran a cracker in the Welsh National until not lasting home in the heavy ground, and has nothing to fear from the likes of Merry King around this sharp 3m 1f.
13/2 will do nicely.

Last edited:
Melodic Rendezvous in the CH trial. Similar reasons to the Elite really. Second fav behind an underpriced Nicholls horse. Got 3s before Mullins pulled his runners.

I see where CPG is coming from. I tend not to post my selections, not for the same reason but because if you get it wrong the snipers, especially those whose contributions tend towards the inane or asinine, open up from all angles.

I don't read the thread every day. Far from it, because I'm really only interested in the valuable Saturday and/or televised races. But I'm fascinated by the reasoning of the more open contributors like CPG and MLMRob, two name but two.

I see where CPG is coming from. I tend not to post my selections, not for the same reason but because if you get it wrong the snipers, especially those whose contributions tend towards the inane or asinine, open up from all angles.

surely this is just a reflection of the diversity of human nature. You get those who are sensitive to criticism such as EC1 and yourself, those who are self-deprecating (Colzoss - the answer to your question is yes) and those who are so full of themselves you could take a **** in their dinner and it wouldn't bother them.

Personally speaking I don't post my selections because my research and reasoning doesn't go into the same depth as posters who do and also because, like many gamblers, I am a bit superstitious - I don't like being asked by friends what I've backed before a race either.

Melodic Rendezvous in the CH trial. Similar reasons to the Elite really. Second fav behind an underpriced Nicholls horse. Got 3s before Mullins pulled his runners.

Thanks Euro.

Quite fancy hidden cyclone to outstay sire de grugy today.4/1 is a fair price IMO

....and that was that.

Last edited:
LastOf TheLeaders a chronically good bet for me in the 2:20 at Fairyhouse.

Fill ya boots, pockets, and handbags and proceed to wait for the next tip. Just has to stay on all fours to win the race.

Last edited:
LastOf TheLeaders a chronically good bet for me in the 2:20 at Fairyhouse.

Fill ya boots, pockets, and handbags and proceed to wait for the next tip. Just has to stay on all fours to win the race.

Good luck Marb, I have taken a chance with the Elliott horse, likes the track and on a decent mark but taking a chance the trainer has had this as a target.

Kakapuka-2.00 Kempton.

This doesn't look a particularly strong class 5 7f h'cap to me and Kakapuka looks well overpriced at 20/1. A very in and out horse but does have some very good Kempton form notably a couple of years ago when winning a class 4 at 25/1 off 76 and btn a nose by Esprit De Midas at 50/1 off 79.
Runs from 69 today but showed in the summer that still capeable from around this mark when winning off 72 at Epsom. Had a little break in Sept and has run 2 races since leading till inside final furlong at Lingfield. Annabel King has had her last 2 runners placed and i think this horse looks a value EW bet.

Reality Show-2.30 Kempton.

This horse must have gone wrong before/after winning a seller in Sept 11 and hasn't run much since but Shaun Harris has a knack of doing well with other peoples cast offs and produced it to win over 12fs at Wolver lto and is only 3lbs higher.
Fire in Babylon won over 14fs lto after looking very one paced over 12fs previously. think will find it hard to get away at Kempton over 12fs.
Thane of Cawdor has won over 11fs here but that mat be the limit of its staying powers especially in a strongly run race. Fair Comment has only run once over 12fs lto and his sire doesn't produce winners over further than 9fs! Which just leaves Poste Restante from Simcocks stable but i'd want a stewards enquiry if this wins.

Reality Show-2.30 Kempton.

This horse must have gone wrong before/after winning a seller in Sept 11 and hasn't run much since but Shaun Harris has a knack of doing well with other peoples cast offs and produced it to win over 12fs at Wolver lto and is only 3lbs higher.

Fire in Babylon won over 14fs lto after looking very one paced over 12fs previously. think will find it hard to get away at Kempton over 12fs.

Thane of Cawdor has won over 11fs here but that mat be the limit of its staying powers especially in a strongly run race. Fair Comment has only run once over 12fs lto and his sire doesn't produce winners over further than 9fs! Which just leaves Poste Restante from Simcocks stable but i'd want a stewards enquiry if this wins.

Nice one Stewart, well done. Followed you in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back