What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amenable has plenty in its favour in the last at Southwell today.

Anyone's guess as to whether it's trying though. Seems to have been fairly well backed without being smashed off the boards.

These pallet boys sure know how to keep everyone guessing...

These pallet boys sure know how to keep everyone guessing.

Owner is banned yet they are still playing around.

Pull The Pin looked big to me at 7/1 simply on his C&D form, yet is now trading at 14.5.

I didn't look at Amenable but that looks to be going the same way.

Don't know how they get away with it to be honest - surely someone at BHA has noticed.

Mappin Time is my fancy in the next.

Owner is banned yet they are still playing around.

Pull The Pin looked big to me at 7/1 simply on his C&D form, yet is now trading at 14.5.

I didn't look at Amenable but that looks to be going the same way.

Is this not one that Dan put up from his local stable a few months back? :blink:

Amenable has plenty in its favour in the last at Southwell today.

Anyone's guess as to whether it's trying though. Seems to have been fairly well backed without being smashed off the boards.

These pallet boys sure know how to keep everyone guessing...

They're absolutely useless everyone forgets the amount of times they get bet and beat and most of the horses should have a stone in hand on previous form but they still struggle to win with them.If you actually look at their runners since they started running them not one has got anywhere near its
previous ratings showing how much they've regressed so obviously impossible to back with any confidence.They've been ridden to not win the races quite a few times but when actually tried with have come up short numerous times,half the times they are lemming gambles as well.:ninja:

Great call Benny:)

Thanks Rob. I like two today - Rose of the Moon, 1.55 Wetherby and Luv U Whatever, 2.40 Southwell. At work so haven't got time to post my full reasoning I'm afraid, but the former takes a big drop in class and the latter is in form and goes well on the Fibresand.

DERMATOLOGISTE 3.05 WETHERBY

Caroline Bailey has a superb record in handicap chases here. In the last four years she has saddled 6 winners from just 16 runners. That becomes 5-13 when ridden by Andrew Thornton.
Dermatologiste is clearly fragile with just 14 races in her career. She has won twice and both those wins came on her second start of the season after a lack lustre seasonal debut. Her two wins were both off 98. So she must have a squeak off 99 today. She won a better race than this in March last year.
There are some negatives regarding her opposition which further strengthens her chance.

The Magic Bishop is 0-6 here and I have a theory that he doesn’t like the noise of the A1 which runs close to the track as all his wins have come on courses that don’t have any nearby roads.
Carrigeen Kariega won a weaker race than this and is 19lbs higher. She has never carried more than 11-5 in a race and both times she carried over 11-0 in a handicap she was well beaten.

Mighty Mobb has his second chase start after finishing second to Chicklemix at Towcester. Chicklemix franked the form by winning again off 5lbs higher. Philip Hobbs has an awful record in handicap chases at Wetherby, 0-8.

Arc Warrior won on his thirteenth start in bottomless ground at Ayr last time off a mark of 75. He is up 9lbs and up in class. The tongue tie has brought about improvement but he has to improve again. He is 0-9 in class 4.

Basford Ben won his novice chase round here off 91 and is just 4lbs higher today. He is 0-6 on soft or heavy ground.

Gwladys Street was backed at Newcastle last time but ran no sort of race. He is 2lbs lower than his last win over hurdles but may find this a bit sharp as both his wins have come over 27.5f.

Camden George will win when he decides. He has a couple of placed efforts over hurdles round here and he is 19lbs lower than his last winning mark. He has every chance but he is a right old rogue.

Royal Chatelier races off a career high mark and is 0-4 over distances beyond 24f.

Conclusion: The Magic Bishop could win this given the form of Jefferson and Hughes. Their record together this year with horses in the first three of the betting reads; 3111131. However, I am not sure about this track for the horse. Caroline Bailey does really well with her horses at Wetherby and it looks like this has been the target for Dermatologiste. The mare can race prominently or be held up. She is a hard ride and needs cajoling and rousted along. However, with negatives surrounding her rivals she may well take an active role. She looks an inviting each way bet.

The Magic Bishop is 0-6 here and I have a theory that he doesn’t like the noise of the A1 which runs close to the track as all his wins have come on courses that don’t have any nearby roads.

That's the most original bit of race analysis i've seen in a while!
Good luck Rob!

Thanks Rob. I like two today - Rose of the Moon, 1.55 Wetherby and Luv U Whatever, 2.40 Southwell. At work so haven't got time to post my full reasoning I'm afraid, but the former takes a big drop in class and the latter is in form and goes well on the Fibresand.

Lovely winner with Rose Of The Moon. Followed you in there. Thanks Benny.:)

That's the most original bit of race analysis i've seen in a while!
Good luck Rob!

Got the road noise right but the mare just is plain lazy.:)

Grace Hull has been rather unlucky here lately 3 2nds over C/D beaten aggregate of 2 1/4 lgths, G Lee takes over from the apprentice and must go close 40/60 win and place looks about right imo.

Wonder if he can complete the 4 timer today at Sthwll, battled on very gamely at Wolver lto to just get the better of Scribe and just 1lb worse off with that horse.
Monzino and Yasir haven't proved they stay this distance so hopefully the jump sired Mr Burbidge can just outbattle Scribe again. Any thoughts chaps.

Mr Burbidge again at Lingfield tomw. How do you rate his chances Stewart?

HALKIRK 4.15 CATTERICK
Halkirk represents a stable who are 10-32 in bumpers at Catterick, 5-9 on their racecourse debut. That improves to 8-17 when they are in the first two of the betting and 3-3 when making their racecourse debut. Alan Swinbank has only ever had three runners in this race and two won on their racecourse debut. The other finished second on their third public appearance. Halkirk is by Nayef who is 5-14 with his progeny in bumpers on their debut in the UK. Alan Swinbank has trained two of those; Royal Riviera won first time out and Blue Blooded who was third to Bygones Of Brid. Halkirk holds three entries this week so it is interesting he comes here where his trainer has an excellent record. Conor Shoemark travels north for just the one ride, his first for Alan Swinbank.

13:40 Catterick - Seven Summits

(Could go well if fit after long absence. Took 4/1 (still available in three places at time of writing), seems to be a bit of money for it?).

Mr Burbidge again at Lingfield tomw. How do you rate his chances Stewart?

Been winning at a totally different level to this Benny B, highest mark, best opponents, has a very difficult task to keep the run going, hope he aquits himself well.

Anyway perservering with this formline with This is me and Geeaitch to go with Geeaitch tonight.
Who would have thought that this horse would remain winless since winning here over 9fs in 2012 easily beating Boonga Roogeta who won next 4 races and 3 more later, last win off 86 with Outlaw Torn in 3rd,(won next 2 races) and Tatting in 4th(won nto and now rated 79.
Hopefully Geeaitch is returning to something like that previous form and would look a decent bet in this field at 4/1 if it is.

Have to have a little EW bet on Geeaitch at this price, question mark about staying the distance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back