What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked myself out of it in the end. I'm going through a period where I'm forcing myself to be more selective and leave potential bets alone - my turnover was getting a bit high. Will have to accept 'missed' winners as part of that I suppose.

Well done with the lay though EC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to give a very good chance to Kakapuka 4.30B, did us a huge favour on the AW in Feb and appears on a winning mark again. Ran well at Chepstow to be 3rd as i think track is too stiff for him, but firmer ground will suit him better. 7/2 seems fair imo.
Ocean Legend is up 5lbs and also loses jockeys allow 5lbs. Think that Just Isla is the most likely danger, 1 length behind Kakapuka at Chepstow on reappearance and 1lb better in.

SJ...if you backing owt at Beverley be aware there is no firm in the ground..they watered it to good..i planned on laying cornishcowboy but after i saw the race times i backed it...just shows how important knowing the true going after a couple of races

Know what you mean, but most of the forums are very quiet outside of the big festivals, even the bf forum has very few posters these days especially of a night when the world cups on. The viewers who only read should grow a pair and give some input, it's only your own views on a race after all, nobody forces you to back/lay them!:blink:

i find it ironic we have a thread on here talking about the popularity of racing..and on a forum dedicated to enthusiasts there is hardly anyone on here with a pick each day

Everyone's intimidated by your superb record chaps!

Seriously I'd love to contribute more but I work 50plus hours a week and have a 9 month old son - not much time for form study. Usually midweek I'll only look at a race if something gives me a reason to (for example one of you boys puts something up). This especially applies to the flat where I have less interest.

Think most enthusiasts aren't keen on low level racing EC1, rather talk about Frankel and Kingman and the like, but for me a class 6 winners as good as a Grade 1 winner at the same price.
Just got nutted again, like Snow Bay yesterday, traded 1.3 IR, suprised it drifted like it did though.

Think most enthusiasts aren't keen on low level racing EC1, rather talk about Frankel and Kingman and the like, but for me a class 6 winners as good as a Grade 1 winner at the same price.
Just got nutted again, like Snow Bay yesterday, traded 1.3 IR, suprised it drifted like it did though.

you are probably right

i agree..low grade is just the same as high grade re getting winners..plenty of big prices at Ascot last week...same priced winners as there on the AW get outcry though

Seems like it's just the three of us today. Anyone fancy anything later or can I switch off for the day?!

Everyone's intimidated by your superb record chaps!

Seriously I'd love to contribute more but I work 50plus hours a week and have a 9 month old son - not much time for form study. Usually midweek I'll only look at a race if something gives me a reason to (for example one of you boys puts something up). This especially applies to the flat where I have less interest.

you post plenty on here Benny

Thanks chaps. I think most of my posts are reactive though, or seeking someone else's views, rather than much original thought!

it doesn't matter..you take part..like you did today

maybe as racing fans we should looking within not without to see why very few are interested in most of what racing has to offer

You've inspired me to take a look at Newton Abbott and I've backed The Rattler Obrien in the 7.35.

I've put this one up before, as has Martin (Irish Stamp). Connections seem to run it sparingly and only when they think it'll win.

You've inspired me to take a look at Newton Abbott and I've backed The Rattler Obrien in the 7.35.

I've put this one up before, as has Martin (Irish Stamp). Connections seem to run it sparingly and only when they think it'll win.

Well that went well! Still, horse owes me absolutely nothing and I backed SL at 7-4 yesterday to win the cricket so it's not all bad.

Stick to the day job and let you boys pick the horses I reckon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well that went well! Still, horse owes me absolutely nothing and I backed SL at 7-4 yesterday to win the cricket so it's not all bad.

Stick to the day job and let you boys pick the horses I reckon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well done
Was that at the start of the run chase?
Apparently england were odds on, crazy like!

It was while Mathews was batting, lead was about 300. Crazy price.

When England were 30-0 SL touched 2-1; I was so tempted to have a massive bet but resisted. In many ways I'm glad I did as it would've been squeaky bum time yesterday!

Balducci (4.10 Carl) was a revelation in the first-time visor last week, and had them on the stretch from some way out. Stiffer task here, but still 5lb below his new rating, and 12lb less than he was running off last year..

Anyone else been loading up on the 14/1 about Angel Gabrial for the Plate which has now sadly gone? I expected 8/1 on Monday so he's still a bit of value at 10s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back