What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't comparing the two, as DO picks out I was simply saying I've never seen a horse have the acceleration burst that Sole Power does after a strongly run 5f.

Would he have been able to keep that in reserve behind a trailblazing Dayjur ?. Not much chance at all IMO but he's clearly much faster than anything else around at the moment.

Pallasator 5.5 is favourite for this but I'd question why on earth is he 10 points shorter than De Rigueur 15.5?

Given the size of the horse and Sir Mark's obvious Ebor plan for him that run first time out at Haydock behind De Rigueur and other race fit rivals was monstrous. I got 14s for today when the prices came out and am very confident. Mighty Yar looks the main danger.

Judging Sole Power on how far he wins is a pretty pointless exercise.
He had loads in hand yesterday and, - as he has so many times before - got his rider out of trouble with a burst of acceleration bordering on unique amongst 5f sprinters.

Given the size of the horse and Sir Mark's obvious Ebor plan for him that run first time out at Haydock behind De Rigueur and other race fit rivals was monstrous. I got 14s for today when the prices came out and am very confident. Mighty Yar looks the main danger.

Reading a few trends, last 11 winners carried max 9.4lb and 10 in the last 12 have been drawn in double figures, now those stats takes out, Pallasator (only 2 favs won in last 16) Mighty Yar, De Riguer & more.

I like the ex Prescott horse Mutual Regard(as Baldeagle mentioned in prior post) (fits the trend pattern with the claimer on board) Don't think Murtagh would be running here unless it stands a chance, albeit my worry is, is the 14f a bit sharp, but live chance IMO. currently 22's +

Last edited:
Goodwood bets

2.20-Bonnie Grey @ 16-1 [Bet 365] each way
2.55-American Hope @ 7-1 [Bet 365] each way
3.30-Producer @ 16-1 [Bet 365] each way
4.05-Penny Pepper @ 9-2 [Stan James] win
4.40-Songcraft @ 12-1 [Coral] each way
5.50-Secure Cloud @ 9-1 [Skybet] each way

Sole Power has a blistering turn of foot but needs cover for as long as possible Brilliant ride by Hughesie. Others may not agree but ride of the year IMO.

Mutual Regard 3RD TO Pale Mimosa LTO 20/1 ew overpriced for the Ebor could be a shrewd bit of placement by one J P Murtagh

Yeeehah zippyidy do dah zippidy day:D:D

Goodwood bets

2.20-Bonnie Grey @ 16-1 [Bet 365] each way..2nd @ 20-1
2.55-American Hope @ 7-1 [Bet 365] each way
3.30-Producer @ 16-1 [Bet 365] each way
4.05-Penny Pepper @ 9-2 [Stan James] win
4.40-Songcraft @ 12-1 [Coral] each way
5.50-Secure Cloud @ 9-1 [Skybet] each way

Good start then..........

Byron beauty 5.10 ballinrobe. Ran a serious race here the last time it ran over CD, not getting the best of luck. Worth a bet today.

5.50 Hamilton - LAY Paddy's Rock

Needed a stiff 10f to win last time out under a strong ride from Paddy McDonald, so today's trip of 1m raises concerns.
Inexperienced jockey up today on what is a tough track to ride (he is 0-37)
Carries a 6lb penalty in a competitive handicap. Win & place lay for me.

an unfortunate carry on at the last there for bulletproof..was running all over the eventual winner

hope jock & horse are ok

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back