What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know its a hold up horse..but he was a hell of a way back even with the pace they went

it will win again..mark is still lenient..maybe is better at 6f as well on this track...i won't have him if he runs at Lingfield...he needs that kempton straight for sure

i don't think he is suited to Lingfield though..but if it was a purposeful carry on yesterday it were a bit daft running him today..you just know what would have happened if he won..trainer would have said Lingfield didn't suit him..would have no other excuse really

Well done, EC1. :)

Richard Lee and Jamie Moore have two excellent chances tomorrow at Warwick.

Top Gamble in the 1:00 looks like an exciting chasing prospect, beating a horse the last day who hacked up 9 lengths in a chase the next time.

Incentivise in the 2:30 ticks all the right boxes and hasn't been raised by the handicapper for a fair third the last day. Looks like the pick to me in that race.

WIN double.

Great double Marble, wonder if you had a little on the 33/1 winner as well!

Not a big price but surely King's Palace wins today. 4/5 looks generous. I appreciate he has a weight turnaround to overcome with Sausalito Sunrise but he won so easily last time it's hard to see it being an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadrian's Approach (2 10C) has a near-immaculate record first time up, and looks placed to consolidate today.

Last edited:
Cheers SJ :)

I would give a nice shout to Kalimantan of Tim Vaughan's in the 1:40. Kalimantan has been an eye-catching improver this season, and I like the way he went from being beaten in novice hurdles when held up out the back to ridden more prominently in handicap hurdles and delivering much improved goods, 110 is still a good mark if this horse is improving.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was close to the pace here, so from that perspective he needs to be considered both as an e/w and back-to-lay bet for some cover at those prices.

Last edited:
An interesting race from a form point of view and what the handicapper does with the 2nd and 3rd.
Kalimantan (110) has finished 5 lengths behind Starluck (134).
Gooher (116) has run a cracker in 2nd and will probably be raised to the mid 120's for that.
Kalimantan is progressing nicely, I'll be very interested to see his new rating.
Anything around 120 (or less) would make him an excellent betting proposition given the right conditions for his next start...so he's in my online notebook.
As for Starluck, he'll probably find himself on 140 haha. :)

Last edited:
Cheltenham 3:15 Land of Vic E/W 28/1 (BET365 & Coral). Ran poorly on reappearance in November, but I'm taking a view she needed that run and will come on for it. Last start of last season she beat Clara Mc Cloud who was rated 120 at the time and has since been raised to 140! On that alone 28/1 is way too big. Bowen's only runner at Cheltenham today, so I'm making the assumption she is going to be trying.

Last edited:
Hope it goes well for you mate. I didn't really look at the race until you've mentioned it.

I don't really believe Rebecca Curtis will be waiting for Peckhamecho to go down the handicap as such at the height of the NH season, he is still a lightly raced hurdler by all means and I think he'll go well for Barry Geraghty at a huge price.

Last edited:
Cheltenham 3:15 Land of Vic E/W 28/1 (BET365 & Coral). Ran poorly on reappearance in November, but I'm taking a view she needed that run and will come on for it. Last start of last season she beat Clara Mc Cloud who was rated 120 at the time and has since been raised to 140! On that alone 28/1 is way too big. Bowen's only runner at Cheltenham today, so I'm making the assumption she is going to be trying.
Ran a game race.

Was really unlucky not too get placed, Double.
I've always found 3 mile handicap hurdle races at Chelters tricky.
I've got one on Wednesday that I've seen is entered that is worthy for a Slim Chance 'will win' thread, just have to wait a few days for this.

I figure if it stays on all fours, it cannot be unplaced, and will be at least 4/1 I reckon (I expect a win).
A kamikaze approach punting-wise for myself is a possible. I'll post up here after I'm on for anyone interested.

Last edited:
Lord of the Storm did us a good turn last week and looks likely to follow up, Sarlat who lost a shoe before his last race has an EW chance with good course form and a few pounds better off with LOTS and Morris taking over from Amy Scott.
R/F with both of them as well.

I think Period Piece is filthy ew in the645 Dundalk -related to an Abbaye winner -having a punt isn't the consideration with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back