What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear oh Dear, sorry chaps, last time i put up an odds on shot!:(

when they run it back at 6f at Kempton will be time to go in..will take an 80 horse to beat it there over 6..they messing about with it dropping to 5 here....that run last time out was enough to win most mdns..the winner is a 104 horse... wentworth falls ..on my calcs.

two on my list tonight

7.15 Dark Lane 11.0 taken
7.45 Earth Drummer 5.8 taken

Tomorrow 1:30 Navan - Harvey Logan E/W is MAX Bet bet for me tomorrow. (BetVictor 13/2 4 places - Skybet, Bet365 & Lads 6/1 5 places)
Been waiting for this one :ninja:. I've just stuck it in a an E/W double with Earth Drummer to get me started....

hope you get the double up DH

yes SJ..Secret Glance is on my list..i've got it as a potential 80/82 horse on that run behind Wentworth..i didn't see your post before the race..i just don't like them messing too much with distance...Earth Drummer has been on my list from 2 ago..but they dropped it back last time and it needs the 9.5 to get going...its run behind Doc's was a good one but was all done late. Its one thing spotting a mark on a horse and then watching how they mess with them to win when they want. SG might just be a flatterer but lets see if they put it back up to 6 at Kempton again..it'll be interesting

Filthy day at Carlisle but im heading up there today and fancy One For Harry in 2.25.

Well done EC. Won easy.

I can't believe the price of Rock on the Moor in the Bumper... I'm either misreading the form, one of her legs has fallen off or this is another pegasus from the Mullins yard because I thought she would be 4 or 5/1. Backed her to win at 10.5 on the machine.

I've got one on Wednesday that I've seen is entered that is worthy for a Slim Chance 'will win' thread, just have to wait a few days for this.

I figure if it stays on all fours, it cannot be unplaced, and will be at least 4/1 I reckon (I expect a win).

Not often I concede this, and I am getting on at the age of 29, but I've got a semi-hard on over this entry already...

Last edited:
I've looked at Ffos las tomorrow, here are some speculative bets.

1:30 - I'm chancing Geminus e/w in his first time attempt over fences. I thought the handcaip hurdle form where he won three on the bounce makes it interesting albeit from a while ago.

2:05 Prima Porta is the more experienced of the two main contenders and taken to out gun the David Pipe trained horse.
A lot depends on the shape that Prima Porta is in for me, so obviously a chance is taken in that sense..

2:40 Copper Birch has started at fairly short odds the last four occasions, and not really delivered the goods.
You look at when he beat Red Devil Lads 20+ lengths over hurdles, but then see how that horse (who runs in the earlier race) is rated pretty much the same as Copper Birch over fences (115-109), and it makes you think Copper Birch is well handicapped, or has plenty of scope to go up the handicap if he gets his act together.

A lot depends on what form Evan Williams has Prima Porta and Copper Birch in but worth a go anyway.

Last edited:
I've decided to fall off the wagon with a "don't tell the missus special". It's Cape Caster in the 12.25 Ffos Las. I was hoping he would be odds against as per last night's forecasts but he has such a monopoly on the positives that he's a practical interest job at 16/19 with Unibet.

Should he lose then hopefully I'll be taking a few down with me :D

I've decided to fall off the wagon with a "don't tell the missus special". It's Cape Caster in the 12.25 Ffos Las. I was hoping he would be odds against as per last night's forecasts but he has such a monopoly on the positives that he's a practical interest job at 16/19 with Unibet.

Should he lose then hopefully I'll be taking a few down with me :D

I'm on. Must be a good thing if you're risking Sybil's wrath. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think so...

Maybe it's like that Simpsons episode "Lisa The Greek" where subconsciously, I want to lose. So essentially, if Cape Caster wins, I love my girlfriend. If he loses, it's going to be an awkward holiday period.

:D Such is life...

I'm peeved that Unibet don't do BOG and with the selection drifting to evens, it feels like I've lost so I'm supplementing my winnings with a lump on Al Nasr in the Arabian Gulf League.

If nothing else, at least I know I love my girlfriend and the music they play at these Arabian games is pretty funky!

I'm supplementing my winnings with a lump on Al Nasr in the Arabian Gulf League.

Jaysus BH..... Off the wagon with a vengeance! No bet in months - then one winner and your straight into the Arabian League:eek:
Great shout on Cape Caster though.. He won the way you like a shortie to!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back