What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The racing is total dogshit but some of you boys are A1 at making money from it, so I'll suspend my objections and pile in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite suprised to see that Yard of Ale who absolutely hacked up for us lto hasn't risen in the h'cap for that effortless victory and runs again off 67 in the 4.45 Wolver. Won by 3 1/2 lengths but could have been double that if jockey hadn't eased right off final furlong. H,capper dropped the 2nd horse 3lbs after that run to 62 but even if they had D/H that would have made YOA 67 as he carried 5lbs more weight! Race rated through the poor 3rd and 4th but neither were at the races that day. If i'm right then anything 3/1 or over looks good to my eyes even though this is a much tougher race. Also think that Rouge Nouage is overpriced at 10/1 on his 2nd over C/D behind Rich Again(who followed up from 2lb higher in a class 4 nto), will back this EW as well.

1.10 Wolves

interesting maiden in that none of the runners looks a natural 5f horse..i've got Kyrenia Star running a decent figure last time over C/D..and think this one will get the better of secret galnce who i want to see back over 6f at Kempton

Kyrenia Star win+place

2.25 Wolves

Urban Castle looks about 8lb in hand of its mark here on the split times..3.9 win only taken..I usually like these mdn to handicap movers..good success rate..they offer the best chance of an edge.

1.10 Wolves

interesting maiden in that none of the runners looks a natural 5f horse..i've got Kyrenia Star running a decent figure last time over C/D..and think this one will get the better of secret galnce who i want to see back over 6f at Kempton

Kyrenia Star win+place

2.25 Wolves

Urban Castle looks about 8lb in hand of its mark here on the split times..3.9 win only taken..I usually like these mdn to handicap movers..good success rate..they offer the best chance of an edge.

Interested to see that you fancy this on split times EC1, as you're probably aware i'm no time-speed expert but having looked at that race did notice that Urban Castles' winning time was a lot slower than Angus Glens last winning time(over 2 secs), i can understand why you'd expect Urban Castle to improve considerably for only its 2nd run but to my mind hasn't beaten much in his 2 races so far. Angus Glens recent form and improvement and likelihood to make its own running make me think has a very good chance here. Has some good collateral form with Topaling, Quenelle, Zinnabar etc and is 2lb higher in future.

UC's time within the race tells me its an 80 horse Stew...the overall time doesn't inform you of much..UC got a 30 speed figure on overall time..and anyone that goes on overall times will not be that impressed.

In the main..the splits tell you 10 times more than the overall time

UC's time within the race tells me its an 80 horse Stew...the overall time doesn't inform you of much..UC got a 30 speed figure on overall time..and anyone that goes on overall times will not be that impressed.

In the main..the splits tell you 10 times more than the overall time

Where do you get the split times these from EC1?

i spend 1 hour per meeting gathering them myself.

apparently they are a waste of time though and have no relevance to winner finding...so i'm told:)

Good luck EC1, stopwatch at the ready hey!:)
Expect mine to lead and probably yours to come at it inside final furlong, hope mine hold on, will leave an IR lay about 5/4-6/4!

Good luck EC1, stopwatch at the ready hey!:)
Expect mine to lead and probably yours to come at it inside final furlong, hope mine hold on, will leave an IR lay about 5/4-6/4!

the one i'm afraid of would be Captain Swift..if UC wasn't running that would be one thats also well in..not as well as UC though..be an interesting one to watch..if mine don't do it i hope yours wins

Taken some 40/1 about Peterpanopirateman in the 13:00 Towcester today. Saw the horse run at Maralin last month in a P2P won by Stiletto (goes in the opener tomorrow at Chepstow). I was told that this horse was very useful and the prices disappeared as quickly as the bookies put them up on the day - in the end the jockey Pat Turley (also trains) was caught miles out of his ground but the horse stayed on well into third, been sold since and I'd be surprised if he doesn't make up into a 125+ horse in time though obviously he'll be better over further this stiff finish should suit on his debut for Ben Case with Max Kendrick up.

Martin

I keep looking at King George and thinking the ground going to be quicker than usual think this will suit Al Ferof, CC and CF so going to stick them in a reverse tricast and forecasts.

Interested to see that you fancy this on split times EC1, as you're probably aware i'm no time-speed expert but having looked at that race did notice that Urban Castles' winning time was a lot slower than Angus Glens last winning time(over 2 secs), i can understand why you'd expect Urban Castle to improve considerably for only its 2nd run but to my mind hasn't beaten much in his 2 races so far. Angus Glens recent form and improvement and likelihood to make its own running make me think has a very good chance here. Has some good collateral form with Topaling, Quenelle, Zinnabar etc and is 2lb higher in future.

Great start EC1, Castle imo!

1.10 Wolves

Kyrenia Star win+place

Thats what i meant to copy!:lol:

8/1 as well:cool:...thats my day paid for..other one in will be a really nice day

time is only important in jail:)

have you noticed Stew how certain people on here will break their neck to have a go at you..take the time to post...but never post anything up when you banging winners out..odd that one isn't it?

Last edited:
Quite suprised to see that Yard of Ale who absolutely hacked up for us lto hasn't risen in the h'cap for that effortless victory and runs again off 67 in the 4.45 Wolver. Won by 3 1/2 lengths but could have been double that if jockey hadn't eased right off final furlong. H,capper dropped the 2nd horse 3lbs after that run to 62 but even if they had D/H that would have made YOA 67 as he carried 5lbs more weight! Race rated through the poor 3rd and 4th but neither were at the races that day. If i'm right then anything 3/1 or over looks good to my eyes even though this is a much tougher race. Also think that Rouge Nouage is overpriced at 10/1 on his 2nd over C/D behind Rich Again(who followed up from 2lb higher in a class 4 nto), will back this EW as well.

:cool: good call

Thanks EC1, been out since 2.00, family lunch so have only just seen the results. Bad luck with the double on Urban Castle, seemed to go pretty slowly.
Yard of Ale missed the break and couldn't get a run but Rouge Nouage more than made up for it, could get 16/17 this morning on Betfair. Nice to get a winner each, to be honest i've never had any stick on here but i don't go looking for arguments either, never had a row on betfair either. I think that if you post your opinion honestly, don't after time too much, people generally recognise this, they can't all win can they!

Lovely 8/1 winner today EC.
A decent day for me with the pipe horse at Wincanton and silviniaco. Onwards and upwards for tomw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a glass or two of Captain Morgan this evening so it might be that, but Grandouet is winking at me tomorrow. The front two are soooooooo opposable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back