What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eium Mac has done us pround at Southwell, thought he was sure to be favourite today, the O'Meara factor looks likely to get us a decent 9/4-5/2 for the Mac, hope he holds on today!

A bit vague and not exactly a percentage call on all known English form but they say form is temporary and class is permanent, Vivacissimo is interesting for a usually shrewd stable at Leicester tomorrow in Tony Carroll.
Vivacissimo was winning 50K races in France a couple years back, which included 4 hurdle races on the bounce.
I think he was a Macaire inmate once based on what I can see on the Sporting Life.
He's had three runs in England, shown very little, but is down in the handicap and will pop up to run a big race one of these days. We'll see.

Last edited:
Regal Flow runs again in the 3:00 at Taunton tomorrow.
An 8 pound rise for winning at Plumpton doesn't seem overly harsh or punitive, given that was his first attempt in a chase.
Hei s open to further improvement and the trainer was actually noted as saying the horse handles bad ground but would prefer better ground. So you have a horse who probably handles different conditions.
Seeing how Regal Flow was the last winner I tipped on here, I think it makes sense to go with him again.
Taunton 3:00 Regal Flow (Tuesday).

Ran a stormer again by the sounds of it was unlucky..listened on Timeform Radio.....can't wait till it runs again you tip it and I end up with egg on my face again

He was cruising for the first half race mate (as you probably heard) then hit a serious flat spot, then stayed on again when seriously hampered.

I did him in e/w doubles and a win single but sadly the other one let me down, so the bet was a loser in the end.

You're right though, he's one to keep an eye on, I don't think he is ungenuine, he just looked a bit tired after that last run on really heavy ground.

A month break will do him good. Either way his trainer has something to go to war with in a few little chases, if he can finish second when he's not enjoying it...what can he do when he is.......

Last edited:
A bit vague and not exactly a percentage call on all known English form but they say form is temporary and class is permanent, Vivacissimo is interesting for a usually shrewd stable at Leicester tomorrow in Tony Carroll.
Vivacissimo was winning 50K races in France a couple years back, which included 4 hurdle races on the bounce.
I think he was a Macaire inmate once based on what I can see on the Sporting Life.
He's had three runs in England, shown very little, but is down in the handicap and will pop up to run a big race one of these days. We'll see.

Was never with Macaire - though Jacques Ricou did ride once.

The £40K race he won at Auteuil was a handicap hurdle over International Jumps Weekend a couple of years back, which reads well enough, and a line through Gemix from a couple of years back (beaten 31L) would suggest you might be right about his handicap rating, given he is set to race from a Chase mark of 108 tomorrow. However, the overall balance of his form is very moderate, verging on poor I'd say, and you wouldn't draw much encouragement from any of his three UK starts. He is an 8yo now, and might just have been one who peaked (relatively speaking) early in his career.

Appreciate that you're rolling the dice on this one, but I think you're probably up against it. Good luck with it though.

Appreciate that you're rolling the dice on this one, but I think you're probably up against it. Good luck with it though.
Aye... I certainly am rolling the dice, and cheers. The market may or (may not) tell me something. Stating the obvious but if he drifts markedly I'd go negative on him, but if he is backed I'd warm to him more. The horse has opened up at 10's with one firm. I'm in no rush at the minute.

Last edited:
210 Chelmsford Forceful Appeal didn't get the greatest of rides by Hayley last Time at lingers it's got a very good record l/ h tracks this sort of grade
310 Chelmsford Fear or Favour ran really well in a good race at Newmarket lto
K515 Notebook first bit of form lto at lingers step up in trip will suit
K545 Trikana not been getting home think the drop to 6 will help
E/w fourfold Trebles

newbie here...... live 6 mile from Leicester racecourse, very windy here and had a lot of rain and bear in mind the...... the dip a furlong out at the track often gets boggy

good luck to you all

Goes well fresh, and the surface should suit.
The fav is the obvious danger, but can be covered by a csf.
Pretend is very strong with those connections ,but I like the look of the e/w angle with coxs horse time off shouldn't make any difference like u say goes well fresh

In the 1st race at Kempton class7 h'cap find it difficult to see past the 1st 2 in the betting Russian Ice and Fire King, i'm sure that Ec1 and Giggs would point out that Russian Ice has a much quicker time here and looks a deserving fav dropping into a class7 from winning a class 6. Fire King had what looked an impossible task when 2nd to the job horse Boboli Gardens lto but finished clear of the rest including Seraphina who won a class 7 nto. Fire King looks a solid EW bet with a saver on Russian Ice plus R/F imo.

Welcome Ragusa.
Great name to pick; you a child of the swinging sixties?

actually a child of the forties.....but got married in 1963 and went to Scarborough for our honeymoon with a day at Donny for the St Leger of that year

Age is an interesting one - I genuinely have no idea how old most of the chaps and chapesses are on here.

For the record I will be 34 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always happy to welcome another old f@rt. Some of these young people talk sense occasionally.

a young 77 started this game around 1958/59 after being introduced to Joe Sime, I think it was at ALLEY PALLY

Last edited:
Losses recovered:thumbsup:

its not all about spotting them..sometimes its just the day they deliver..hope you had a bit on..a winner in waiting..which is the whole game in a nutshell..spotting the horse..spotting the day..many can do the former..its the latter thats hard

i can list 200 horses on a thread tomorrow that will win in the next 12 months..then wait until they win and brag about out it..actually having the bottle to say whether they will win today though is two different things

:)

its not all about spotting them..sometimes its just the day they deliver..hope you had a bit on..a winner in waiting..which is the whole game in a nutshell..spotting the horse..spotting the day..many can do the former..its the latter thats hard

i can list 200 horses on a thread tomorrow that will win in the next 12 months..then wait until they win and brag about out it..actually having the bottle to say whether they will win today though is two different things

:)

Nice work EC. I backed it today, didn't see your post but I only got 7/2. Think I missed the value there :)

Big bet on Gracefilly in the last at Wolves. Hacked up last time and looks well ahead of the handicapper. 5/2 is more than fair, was expecting more like 6/4.

Hernando Torrres the danger so might cover on the forecast.

All that said, I know fcuk all about the sand racing - be interested to hear what EC, gigs, SJ think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just one to have a look at 2.40 Win. SHE'S DA ONE looked to be half decent in a bumper last year, ran a decent race on his return in a bumper now trying hurdles for the first time, and the trainer isn't one to rush his horses so must have been well schooled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back