What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Stew, managed to get some 8/1 before the price collapsed and rescued a poor day. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big tnx for New Leyf - would have not bothered looking at last race too many with good chances and overlooked NL (Gask form) - got me back on even keel at 8-1

Quite like INAUGURATION in the last at Kempton tomorrow. Think 7s with Ladbrokes is very fair. Had a run and 65 could be workable over a more suitable 7f. Could end a potentially rewarding day for Jim Crowley for his retainer.

Barbs Princess (3.35) hosed up over this c/d in a good time last week, and the slight rise in class seems unlikely to stop the repeat.
Current 5/2 looks generous

Ran flat; according to her jockey - to the tune of 20l, ffs.

Nice one SJ.:thumbsup:

Rizal Park looks a contender for EC's "ignore Chelmsford" system in the 4.45 at Kempton today.

I've also backed Mossgo in the 2.05, but looking at the betting so has everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIRD STRIKE in the 2.35 Kemp. staying on in the final furlong in slightly better company

THIRD STRIKE in the 2.35 Kemp. staying on in the final furlong in slightly better company

I'm on E/W as well. These very low grade races are cannon fodder to anything with any potential for improvement. Duke Of Dunton and Happy Jack are the two that fall into that category. Happy Jack is stepped markedly up in trip but it is more in-keeping with his breeding and, having been allocated a mark for his three efforts over sprint trips, he could be well handicapped. His fitness has to be taken on trust after a 237 day absence but his Dam was an A/W winner and it would be no surprise were he to go close on his A/W debut. Duke Of Dunton disappointed on his handicap debut last month but he steps up in trip for just his fifth start and early support suggests he could put that last effort behind him. They are both of interest at this basement level but a chance is taken in opposing them with Third Strike. Having shown a modicum of promise in two of his three Maidens he disappointed in his first three handicaps in July-August, getting worse with each outing. Reappearing after a five month break he didn't fare any better stepped back to seven furlongs at Southwell in December. However there has been much more encouragment in his last two midfiled finished over 10/12 furlongs at Lingfield and at this track. He was slowly away last time out and was pulling much too hard held up toward the rear of the field. Traveling well through the race it wouldn't have been a surprise to see him drop well away in the latter stages but he didn't. On the contrary, he finished off his race well and certainly didn't look a lost cause. He drops back to ten furlongs and the hopefully faster pace could help him settle better. He is now 15 pounds below the mark from which he entered handicap company and the drop to the lowest level could see him take advantage.

good luck with that Ricko..nice in depth write up

not so in depth in the 2.30.

.but this looks like a default selection just based on stamina..chelmsford seems to demand a horse really does stay the trip..and in the 2.30 only one really fits the bill imo..Pirate Cove stepping back from 12 should find this up her street

Last edited:
3.40 Chelmsford - Anonymous John.
I might as well push my luck with another one, at the enigma that is Chelmsford. This is the best race of the day. The market suggests this could be fought out between Godolphin's Wentworth Falls and Squats, representing William Haggas. The boys in blue have been farming these fast track qualifiers and with proven fitness on his side Wentworth Falls is preferred of the two. However both are short enough in the market and a chance is taken with Anonymous John. He has something to find with a few of these on Official Ratings and he could find these too sharp for him over this minimum trip. He was last seen finishing second here over a mile last month so this is a significant drop back in distance. He has tackled five furlongs on three previous occasions, winning once in heavy ground, but this is the first time he has done so outside maiden company. In his favour is the surface here which is riding slow and deep and makes this a more demanding five than the polytrack surfaces at Lingfield and Kempton. He may find things happening all too quickly but his Trainer is a dab hand with sprinters and their three year old speedsters have returned a very healthy profit in recent seasons. They send just one from their Welsh base to the races today and the evergreen John Egan , with whom the yard have formed a good relationship, turns up for just the one booked ride.

nice one you two..Ragusa + Ricko..had a go on that

deserved that just for the write up Ricko

whooosh:cool:

Brilliant tipping helped myself to a few quid ew @12 and place bet cheers fellas! Hopefully Spenser does the biz for me in the finale now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back