What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With no Highland Wedding. Peaty Sandy or Seven Towers in the Eider I am struggling...I fancy last years winner Wyck Hill but the vibes say the horse to back is Herdsman

I'm a bad judge of these races so I will back the tip Herdsman ew

That wasn't a bad start to the day it was a scary one:blink: At last racing fans have a have a rival for Peace and Co.........Me? best described as in panic mode :lol:

That's be the day he'll need wings to beat Peace and Co 7 barrows banker

You spelling must be a bit iffy Tanlic
Seven barrows banker is spelt H a r g a m :D

I'm getting drawn in by Mystic Appeal in the stayers handicap hurdle at 4:00 EW at 12/1.

The stable has been bang out of form but I thought Master Benjamin ran with credit yesterday off a long lay off so I'll give this one a chance today off 87 with a 7lb claimer on.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Crying here. Handicapper could take another stone off and it wouldn't make a difference.

Well and truly suckered in.

No Deal in the last at Ayr. First run for two years last time out... eased round. Given what could be a very low hc mark.

Maybe stating the obvious and yesterday's run may have taken it's toll but I'll kick myself if Sirop De Menthe goes in and I haven't backed it.

2/1 for what should be a winner without a penalty.

Loves testing ground, 13 length C&D winner the time before last and if you haven't seen yesterday's race then you need to.

Maybe stating the obvious and yesterday's run may have taken it's toll but I'll kick myself if Sirop De Menthe goes in and I haven't backed it.

2/1 for what should be a winner without a penalty.

Loves testing ground, 13 length C&D winner the time before last and if you haven't seen yesterday's race then you need to.

to be fair..its should the bet of the century if what we saw yesterday was real..a horse going so well the jockette thought there was another circuit to go..ffs..you must have one hell of a lot in hand to get down that road

the problem obviously is..would you let it win today if you trained it?..a nice loss today and the price will double next time out

i always wonder if saving a horse for another day is so wise over the sticks..anything can happen to a horse can't it?...so you have a horse ready to win..a nice gamble lined up..oh we will land it in two runs time..meanwhile horse gets brought down..may be injured..falls maybe injured..dies..very badly injured.

a risky game is holding back on the day i would have thought

Backed it yesterday, didn't see the race so had no idea about the jockey error! Will have to have £20 on it today as insurance I think.

A fair point but two things I would say

1. Lucy will be absolutely desperate to atone for yesterday, would she really risk giving it an easy time again today ? and
2. The trainer is quoted in today's RP as saying that he's a hard horse to get ready so the fact that they think they finally had him right explains why they are letting him run again today. In which case I doubt they'll wait for another day.

It's not like the yard is inundated with winner is it ?

Good luck with the bets today everyone.
I have had my eye on one at the five days decs for Leicester tomorrow.
Baily Braes (LEIC 2:20) beat Broadway Symphony comfortably two starts ago, before Broadway Symphony hacked up approximately 23 lengths next time.
Nigel Twiston Davies has stuck the visors on Baily Braes after it was pulled up on his last start.
Backing horses after they've pulled up is a risky business, but that form with Broadway Symphony is good.

The positives outweigh the negatives for me. Interested to see what type of price they're willing to lay tonight.

Last edited:
Nice work, took some 5/2 earlier on.

Gabriel the Thug looks solid in the last. Slight concern over Raging Bear which has been punted heavily, and The Firm which looks shorter than it should be on form and is obviously fancied/has been fiddled.

Still, Gabriel has the form in the book and I've played each way.

Good work Digger.

Siroph De Mente ran better yesterday when the jockey wasn't even trying but to be fair, the Pipe horse wouldn't have been beaten off that mark today no matter what- despite a fair amount of money for the favourite which saw it come in from 2/1 to 11/10 SP.

Baily Braes (LEIC 2:20) beat Broadway Symphony comfortably two starts ago, before Broadway Symphony hacked up approximately 23 lengths next time.

Had a giggle reading the Sporting life's preview of this race.
Apparantly Gentle George is the tip as Richard Johnson is a significant 'jockey booking'.

Needless to say he's not even booked to ride the thing hahahaha. :)

Last edited:
Beatu when trained by Wilf Crawford trounced a decent animal in Master Dee trained by Donald McCain.

He was quickly snatched up by one of McCain's owners and was entered in the Champion Bumper missed
that but ran at Aintree, pulled like a train and finished 16/19

He's been off for a year for some reason but if he is anywhere near fit and has retained any of his ability he should hack up.
in what looks like very poor contest.

It's a gamble but Beatu was 4.8 now 4.4 was worth risking a few bob on:)

Bet365 have opened their book Beatu 2/1, Bet Victor just opened and follow suit but he's only 7/4 with Paddy Power all the 4 plus gone on the machine 3.85 best price.

EDIT 3.85 still too high took that as well

Last edited:
Bet365 have opened their book Beatu 2/1, Bet Victor just opened and follow suit but he's only 7/4 with Paddy Power all the 4 plus gone on the machine 3.85 best price.

EDIT 3.85 still too high took that as well

Betbright are currently 3.6

EDIT: 3.8 now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back