What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iona Days (4.50) was touched off by a good horse latest (won both races since) with a decent marker a mile back in 3rd. Similar trip, ground & class today, and STD ignores one of his dad's to ride it.
General 11/4 will do nicely.

A bit vague and not exactly a percentage call on all known English form but they say form is temporary and class is permanent, Vivacissimo is interesting for a usually shrewd stable at Leicester tomorrow in Tony Carroll.
Vivacissimo was winning 50K races in France a couple years back, which included 4 hurdle races on the bounce.
I think he was a Macaire inmate once based on what I can see on the Sporting Life.
He's had three runs in England, shown very little, but is down in the handicap and will pop up to run a big race one of these days. We'll see.
Posted this around a month ago. Was I on today? :(
Looking through the results and see he won at 9/2 having been 14/1 last night. Tony Carroll is one shrewd trainer. This is at least the third time I've fancied something that has won next time out recently. Wish I'd monitored the betting here.

Sorry if anyone followed me on Baily Braes today, ran disappointingly, jockey taking it out in the car park out wide all the way through wasn't a good sign.

Last edited:
a free gift that was..apart from when it nearly fell like:D

i should think you are sorry..i had 10k on bally braes..and have just had to have 100k on woodview prince to make me feel better..can you be more careful what you tip in future please:)

You're one to talk I had a tenner on Medicean Melody last I heard it was last and struggling........put 30 quid on your good thing and decided not to risk him falling so got out and made 10.30p less deduction..........I lost a penny because of you :)

Last edited:
2:45 Rascal (NAP) has improved since Dan Skelton has applied cheekpieces
Southwell form when he hacked up end of 2014 would be good enough.
However, don't dismiss the form of his last run at Ascot lightly.
The 2nd and 3rd that day have both won since and franked the form really well.
A three furlong shorter test tomorrow and Rascal looks better than everything else in the race.
How do you guys rate this one's chances in the 4:25 at Bangor?

Bookies seem keen to lay him at 3/1. Rascal carries a 7 pound penalty carrying 12:5.
I thought he was ahead of his mark last time, I'm not so sure now.
Rascal has four entries in as many days........ so he could go on a roll, but they say weight stop trains!

I might try and take him on, thoughts?

Last edited:
The one Robbie Williams rides with 11 stone 2 pound might be the one to take the top weight on with...

He seems in good form Marble, but Ffos Las form? He seems to be improving with each race but whether he deserved to go up 10lbs or not for beating what were basically very ordinary horses remains to be seen.

Another horse that might be well in is Special Wells who ran a decent race last time
He was being niggled a bit but had hit the front in the home straight and looked like there was more in the tank until whacking the next hurdle and he just went to pieces.

What interests me about him is he won well over 2 miles then faded after the mistake like a non stayer in that race which was over 2m3f.

The fact she is running him over yet an even longer trip 2m4f would suggest that it wasn't down to stamina.

The fav probably deserves to be fav but it looks a very trappy race with several options.....and your suggestion looks as good as any

Suprise,Suprise Cilla here!

I have put one up on the olbg last night but everyone else put the same horse up in the last at Kempton, not a confident selection as i think the horse is a rogue but seems overpriced(last night)at 12/1 in relation to the favs, New Leyf!

Bids for the hat trick today. How do you rate his chances SJ? I note Gigs has put up Inka Surprise on another forum, and that one has been well backed overnight.

I'm having a bet on him today with 2 others but tbh getting that 3rd win on the all weather is a tough ask.

Aldeburgh and Lucky Dottie are also going for trebles, be interesting to see how they get on......I'm having 3 cross doubles NO treble

Looks to be a few in with a chance in that race tonight Benny and New Leyf gets a 4lb rise for his last win, on his old form he'd still appear feasibly weighted but that was a few years ago. Having said that i like to stick with a horse in form and at 9 yo is hardly going to be in this form again. I've done very well out of him this year so have had a bet at 15/2 this am. Thought Parkes got lucky last time in that he got a totally clear run and will need one again.
Can see why Andy has gone for Inca Suprise as so lightly raced but could give good chances to Stellarta, Oriental Relation plus others to a lesser degree, so you pays your money and takes your pick in this race.
Good luck whatever you choose.

Nah, definitely a case of 'kiss' there - keep-it-simple-stupid! I never bet in the race, I'm sure one or two people backed Rascal.

I love horses who defy penalties. Martin Pipe would, (and maybe does?), like this horse.

Last edited:
For Ayman (8.15)
In decent form and goes well here. Up 1lb for decent 3rd last time but looks like the penny is starting to drop and every chance he could improve. 12/1 looks a nice e/w price.

For Ayman (8.15)
In decent form and goes well here. Up 1lb for decent 3rd last time but looks like the penny is starting to drop and every chance he could improve. 12/1 looks a nice e/w price.

Just grabbed 3rd, place part landed at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back