What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a few quid on Theatre Queen in that race.

I'll be happy with a RUN but she is very talented and on better ground I'd expect her to improve on her good 2nd to Tony Star.

If she decides to race I will back her again in running

Glingerburn I thought Nicky Richards would have sent him to Cheltenham........maybe this is his Cheltenham....tough race but I gotta have a go

Last edited:
lame in running

4.05 had a tenner on picansort..should be shorter than the betting shows..good effort at the weights last time

Last edited:
I like the chances of Sky Full of Stars in the bumper at Sedge tomorrow. They've waited a while to run him and it looks a pretty open race. McCain horse is ex Ewart and will be over bet.
10s on b365 would expect more available on the exchange tomorrow

Gitane Du Berlais returns to Auteuil (and hurdles) today for a £47K race.

She is closely-weighted with both Dos Santos and Hilton Du Berlias, on runs behind Roll On Has last summer, but she has clearly improved since she went to Willie Mullins, and her hurdles mark looks lenient compared to what she has achieved in two runs over fences. The opposition here are a goodly way off the best hurdlers in France, and Bayan will find it hard to give her the best part of a stone - 9/4 is enough to draw me in.

Last edited:
Lady Cecil has first runner over hurdles in the 2.00..not much between here and Lanceur on the flat and Perfect Summer receives the allowance..so should best that one...can't see them not wanting a decent run with it being a new carry on..lanceur ran bad last time too

Gitane Du Berlais returns to Auteuil (and hurdles) today for a £47K race.

She is closely-weighted with both Dos Santos and Hilton Du Berlias, on runs behind Roll On Has last summer, but she has clearly improved since she went to Willie Mullins, and her hurdles mark looks lenient compared to what she has achieved in two runs over fences. The opposition here are a goodly way off the best hurdlers in France, and Bayan will find it hard to give her the best part of a stone - 9/4 is enough to draw me in.

Nice one. A pot like that with Punchestown to come makes it a great decision to miss Cheltenham with this mare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MORESTEAD interests me at Fakenham today (4.00). He is a bit of a monkey and not one to trust completely but he has dropped to a career low mark and the race looks no great shakes. He hasn't been sighted at Fakenham in over 5 years but ran well enough here then, finishing 2nd. Ground and trip no problem, 8/1 looks a decent e/w price.

Dire stuff today all in all but a few that do make appeal at big prices.

3.50 - Southwell - Castle View. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.
This is a race that won't take much winning. Mondo Cane went close over fences recently and he could easily shed his maiden tag against this standard of opposition back over hurdles. Broome Lane heads the market, primarily due to his second to the progressive Nordic Nymph last time out. He was beaten eight lengths but the winner was eased down and he was flattered to get that close. All the horses behind him were maidens and it's debatable how good that form is, even in context of a poor race like this one. Oscar O'scar is a maiden after eleven starts but he has shown some ability against better horses than he meets here and he was placed in this grade last time out, albeit beaten 21 lengths. Sand Artist showed his best piece of form last time out on his second start over fences in the first time blinkers. He has left Venetia Williams since and the drop back in trip over hurdles without the blinkers may not see him in his best light. The Kvilleken has disappointed on more than one occasion in testing ground so conditions are not in his favour. At a big price it may be worth having a small speculative E/W wager on Castle View. His Irish Point win back in March 2013 doesn't amount to much but he showed ability on his hurdling debut for current connections at Worcester in July of that year and was then absent for eighteen months. He hasn't shown anything in his two runs back from that break but the first is likely to have been needed and he had absolutely no chance of getting involved with vastly superior rated horses at Bangor last time out. The fact that he ran there suggests it was only to qualify him for a handicap and his initial mark of 92 wouldn't be bad if he still retains the ability of two seasons ago. That's the speculative part but, in a race where several very poor horses are trading at unappealing prices, the risk looks worth taking.

4.30 - Fakenham - Essteepee. 1 pts e/w. Available at 16/1.
Sandynow and Aviador rightly head the market for this extended three mile handicap hurdle but neither look rock solid and there could be some mileage in the price of top weight, Essteepee. He has been soundly beaten in his last three starts over hurdles but had shown some ability on his hurdling debut at Worcester in October. It's asking him a bit much to suddenly show his debut form in the light of what has followed, including on his handicap debut last time out at Taunton. However the first time tongue tie he wore there is removed and the main hope of him finding the improvement needed to get involved is the major step up in trip. He is a brother to Trigger The Light who twice won over 29 furlongs at Warwick so there is major optimism that this stiffer stamina test will suit. He is partnered by a capable seven pound claimer and with a yard who can get the best out of him, whatever level that may be.

5.10 - Wolverhampton - Bron Fair. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.
Bron Fair is yet to sight a winner in five starts, the last four on this track between 7 and 8.5 furlongs. She wasn't beaten far in two of her three maiden races but was beaten seven and half lengths into eighth of the eleven runners on her handicap debut over seven furlongs last time out. Drawn on the inside she was niggled almost from the start and didn't look comfortable with the pace in the early stages. However she stuck to her task and was making a move down the inside when her ground was taken in the straight and she had to snatch up. It's difficult to say where she would've finished but it wouldn't be unfair to say that it may have been closer than the eventual distance she was beaten. She steps up to 9.5 furlongs for the first time today and, the way she struggled to go the initial pace in that last race it could suit. The stiffer test is certainly backed up by her breeding and she has a decent draw in four to follow the early pace, most of which is drawn near to her.

Last edited:
MORESTEAD interests me at Fakenham today (4.00). He is a bit of a monkey and not one to trust completely but he has dropped to a career low mark and the race looks no great shakes. He hasn't been sighted at Fakenham in over 5 years but ran well enough here then, finishing 2nd. Ground and trip no problem, 8/1 looks a decent e/w price.

Sulked early on then flew at the finish to grab 3rd. A proper nutter, time to stick him on the swerve list from now on.

Miniskirt, 3.10 Southwell.

Loves the track. Ignore the last run at Chelmsford and it'd be evens. 7/4 with coral looks generous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Louis Vee looks to have a decent chance at Southwell tomorrow EC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

surface switch to Southwell is ? over louis vee..one run here well beat even though it was early in career...he has also been on my list for a while now..he might win..sire does ok on surface..mark has dropped to one where he has been good in the past..is 6f going to suit as much as 5?...a lot of ? for a horse at 4/1

i'll let it go

Miniskirt...ah the chelmsford system..yes his form at southwell is immense..two runs two wide margin wins. The last one looks to be a very good time..but in my notes for that day i've noted that it seemed to throw up a few big figures which looked like maybe the wind was strong ..just an odd day to rate.

Westminster is a very decent tool at 7f but i don't see him beating Miniskirt at 8f...purely on figures there isn't much between them but the 8f should see Miniskirt out it. The others don't look handicapped to beat Miniskirt either

I'll be going with Clockmaker again in this race although 1m is probably too far for it, thought it ran a good race last time and only gave way in final furlong. Drops a class today and still looks reasonably well h'capped to me, backing about 15/1-16/1 and will lay off to save stake a couple of furlongs out, hopefully shortish.

Drift on miniskirt is disconcerting.

Thinking about it you always want miniskirts to shorten rather than lengthen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back