What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very good friends horses run today so I have backed both in singles and a Double ALL THE KINGS HORSES 2.10 War and FILBERT in the 4.20 at Perth took 2/1 and 100/30 on both

good luck to you all

Ragusa, great post for All The Kings Horses - flew home and a decent price. Didn't get to back it due to work, but many thanks for posting.

Looks like I will need a saver on Filbert, so fingers crossed for us both:)

Last edited:
Sorry Filbert ran no race at all, ground might have been against it ....but will know more tomorrow hopefully,

SMS's horses have been a mixed bunch so far. Some needing the race some not.

Cannoch Chase having won fist time out last season may well be in the latter category.

Postponed finished 3rd to him in a 10f Group 3 then franked the form by winning his next 2.

What's not clear is why he improved. Did he simply get better or was it for the step up in trip.

If it was the latter the step back down in trip could point to him needing it and the idea is sharpen him up.

If that is the case Cannoch Chase should take care of him again.

A bigger danger could be Tullius who can be frustrating but he is 100% sure to be fit.

Used to running over 8f he normally settles and travels well in his races.

Unless Alan Kirby decides to go on and make this a test of stamina on Postponed this could be down to which horse settles best as there is no front runner in the race.

Tullius has the advantage of having had run so he should have got over first time out keeness which could make all the difference

Pricewise I reckon he is way too big and hopefully 5/1 or 9/2 will be available

Tullius Sandown 2.00

just doing one today BERTIE MILAN ..4.20 Perth.......each way has won over C/D but has been pretty ordinary in his racing this season

Last edited:
SMS's horses have been a mixed bunch so far. Some needing the race some not.

Cannoch Chase having won fist time out last season may well be in the latter category.

Postponed finished 3rd to him in a 10f Group 3 then franked the form by winning his next 2.

What's not clear is why he improved. Did he simply get better or was it for the step up in trip.

If it was the latter the step back down in trip could point to him needing it and the idea is sharpen him up.

If that is the case Cannoch Chase should take care of him again.

A bigger danger could be Tullius who can be frustrating but he is 100% sure to be fit.

Used to running over 8f he normally settles and travels well in his races.

Unless Alan Kirby decides to go on and make this a test of stamina on Postponed this could be down to which horse settles best as there is no front runner in the race.

Tullius has the advantage of having had run so he should have got over first time out keeness which could make all the difference

Pricewise I reckon he is way too big and hopefully 5/1 or 9/2 will be available

Tullius Sandown 2.00

Good luck mate, would he not want it a little softer? I think they may have watered so hopefully that will be enough.

One of my so called good bets at Cheltenham which ran in the Kim Muir GUESS AGAIN runs in the 3.50 Sandown so I'll row in again E/Way.
At Ripon 3.25 PIPERS NOTE and in the 2.20 at Haydock GEORGIAN BAY.

Good luck to you all

One of my so called good bets at Cheltenham which ran in the Kim Muir GUESS AGAIN runs in the 3.50 Sandown so I'll row in again E/Way.
At Ripon 3.25 PIPERS NOTE and in the 2.20 at Haydock GEORGIAN BAY.

Good luck to you all

Good luck to you all
I've gone for Guess Again too. Only for a sporting interest.

My main fancy is Hes No Saint from the O Meara yard in the 2:20 at Haydock who is down to a nice mark having moved yard after winning a decent race at Meydan.
I don't think it's the hottest class 2 race in terms of horses that have a winning chance and Hes No Saint can spring a surprise.

Last edited:
3.30 Haydock Steelriver

Been watching this horse for a while think it's been tenderly handles last few runs and is one that could be fair bit better than mark.

See there's been money for it which is a good sign from the yard and got Cam Hardie taking more weight off.

Almost max bet territory this for me.

Fahey and Moore
Look a potent combo with Canyari in the 3.10 at Leicester with the ripon run hopefully putting him spot on here.

Last edited:
I've place laid Grand Jesture at a little under 6/5 -5 places.A moody horse-I thought he was going to refuse to race at Cheltenham.

Sandown 4:25 Big Hands Harry e/w 12/1
Come on Nico!!!

save Brother Ted e/w

Last edited:
How can he be deemed a starter? Never went near the others

I agree but most bookies will say he lined up therefore started the race. I believe some bookies have offered a return of stake or another bet. I think Boyles was one of them.

Last edited:
Sandown 4:25 Big Hands Harry e/w 12/1
Come on Nico!!!

save Brother Ted e/w

Got on the wrong one with BHH running out of steam, still Dickie gave Brother Ted a cracking ride to win a 9's so no harm done. Great to see the Champ hit the frame as well. Emotional for all jocks, I am sure Dickie will remember the day he beat the Champ.

Well done for anticipating the likely problem with Grand Jesture, Luke, something the starter completely failed to do.

Roussayan could be a likely type in the opener at Wetherby for David O'Meara, Irish trained last year and showed some promise and is the type his trainer has done well with, Trinity Star for Michael Dods should be on the premises too.
Secret Hint for Andrew Balding will do for a shortie in the 4.40.

Sparkle Factor (2.55) won a better race than this on a fast ground 7f at the Curragh, and shook up 2 listed class horses at Killarney until his stamina gave out over the extended 1m. Clearly wasn't right at York and was completely eased 2f from home
Goes well fresh, and with ground in his favour looks a worthwhile punt at the current 4/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back