What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arc Lighter (19:00) just got beaten lto when looking likely to win. Hopefully win tonight as horse well thought of

Beaten a neck, 2nd again :mad:

Last edited:
Wm Buick misses a ride for his retainer to take the one ride at Chelmsford tonight, Well Off, 8.10.
The same rationale indicates they must really fancy Always Smile (3.05 W) for a SBS double (current prices pay around 15/2).

Wm Buick misses a ride for his retainer to take the one ride at Chelmsford tonight, Well Off, 8.10.
The same rationale indicates they must really fancy Always Smile (3.05 W) for a SBS double (current prices pay around 15/2).

Thanks for Always Smile got 7/2

Trinity Star should make amends after an unlucky run on Sunday in tomorrow's 3.10 at Ponte.

Trinity Star should make amends after an unlucky run on Sunday in tomorrow's 3.10 at Ponte.

Needs a strong pace imo. A race to play in running. I can see Mayfield and Westwood setting the pace, if only steady pace, one of these may win, fast pace brings your selection into play Fonz, should pick these up... gl

Thought Trinity Star a winner waiting to happen on his last run myself.

Doubled and trebled with Don Cossack and No More Heros

Evening Attire is what I consider a value price/bet in the last at Ascot.
He won the first two races of his career and since hit and miss, he's got a real chance in the handicap now, being dropped 3 pounds and 11 pounds better of with Duelling Dragon for his comeback turf-run at Leicester.
He will hopefully run well today and show he retains some of his early-career ability, he'll never have a better chance to do it imo. At 10/1 or bigger I'm happy.

Last edited:

Really interested in that race, I like Trinity Star, was on it too, but 7/4 is a bit skinny for me given that its a quirky course and against multiple course winner Corregio who is 5lb below last CD winning mark at 6/1.

However I've been waiting for the re-appearance of Woody Bay, from my dozen or so trackers, following improving good form in the Autumn, especially in its last race at Nottingham , a real eye catcher. I was expecting him to be out on the AW for a couple of runs in the winter, like last year but it looks like the Trainers given him a break hoping I guess for a higher chance of successful season keeping the horse fresh for turf. But the choice of track is baffling, horse looks suited to galloping flat courses, not a stiffuphill finish track like Ponte and entered also for Thirsk at the weekend oddly enough - he's done well at Notts, Haydock and the like but crap at stiff tracks Beverly, Ponte, Thirsk. Maybe it's about getting the mark down for appearances at the flatter courses - would be nice price too if that were the case as the form could look horrendous. One to watch out for certainly in later races

Small wager for me on Corregio but good luck all the same.

4.35 hors de combat..won fto as 2yo and fanshawe does well at Ascot early doors..hard to beat today with doubts over the other two market dangers

I thought Henry Candy was negative about Limato in a recent tv interview -lay and place lay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back