What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angel Gabrial would have won the race by 6lengths plus with a better draw last year. I'm chancing him at 10s even off a tough looking mark - Chester is the easiest weight carrying track in the country

I'm chancing Shu Lewis who is in good form and I think will stay the trip. 20's e/w is fine.

Solar Magic (3.10 Asc) would've trounced better fillies than these over a stiffer track than Kempton, so small wonder she's running over Ascot's straight 1m.
The added bonus is, there's a deal more pace in this race, and she's well over-priced at the current 9/2.

Ascot 3.45
Bertiewhittle was given a very interesting ride at Goodwood last time, never put into the race, hidden behind a wall of horses on the rail.

Has been dropped a couple of pounds and has a 5lb. claimer on today.

Not certain that today's the day but he certainly looks capable of winning when the time is right.

That's a tough, tough looking race. I'm going with American Hope (16s, 5 places) who has his optimum conditions for the first time since he was caught on the line by Mange All back last summer.

anyone thinking of backing 5-10 Lingfield after the sunset , I can report money is expected to come for it currently 7/1 ladbrokes

Woody Bay (13/2) - Thirsk 7-40. Saved from AW racing during winter and stripped fitter after an opening run at Ponte, which I think was the wrong track for this horse, but did well uphill to pass the rest to finish 3rd no chance with short priced fav winner. Runs at Thirsk, again a peculiar choice of track for one that prefers L-H, flat galloping - however however long run in should help and main rivals look vulnerable

Before Kilimanjaro ran at Dundalk I got the impression that his price was being artificially distorted on betfair to guarantee the biggest sp possible.In my opinion he absolutely destroyed the opposition and was the best horse in the race by a long way.I presumed he would reappear in a handicap or minor conditions race but the Lingfield Derby trial it is.At 11/2 I will be having a decent bet on him to follow up.

Before Kilimanjaro ran at Dundalk I got the impression that his price was being artificially distorted on betfair to guarantee the biggest sp possible.In my opinion he absolutely destroyed the opposition and was the best horse in the race by a long way.I presumed he would reappear in a handicap or minor conditions race but the Lingfield Derby trial it is.At 11/2 I will be having a decent bet on him to follow up.

the ground here yesterday was soft..they are saying good today..which i assume is to keep field size up..be interesting to see the early races as i can't see it drying out that quick..if it is still soft them the fav may well struggle..sire only has few stats but has not had one place yet on G/S or worse.

just to add..Christophermarlowe's grandad Pulpit also has a poor record on slow ground...0/3 on hvy...1/22 on soft...2/29 on gs...but 11/84 on fast

the official going is clearly wrong at Lingfield..the fav there struggled in it..first race time points to g/s verging Soft..after yesterdays soft

but people always seem to believe the official going...well the course should know shouldn't it..they experts?

i find it odd how an anorak in a house in north of england seems to have sussed it but the officials on the track haven't

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back