What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicky Henderson has a great record at Ludlow, 42% win rate and his last six NH runners have seen him hit the frame five times. His record with fto runners is also impressive so sending Rather Be catches the eye.

From Oscar, a high class jumping stallion....producing the likes of Rock On Ruby, Oscar Whisky etc...

Sire record looks good, Mr H record also good....price reflects, but still worth a bet.

5:15
Currently Evens with WH.

Back with Chelsea to beat Lpool and the odds are roughly 3/1 :)

Nicky Henderson has a great record at Ludlow, 42% win rate and his last six NH runners have seen him hit the frame five times. His record with fto runners is also impressive so sending Rather Be catches the eye.

From Oscar, a high class jumping stallion....producing the likes of Rock On Ruby, Oscar Whisky etc...

Sire record looks good, Mr H record also good....price reflects, but still worth a bet.

5:15
Currently Evens with WH.

Back with Chelsea to beat Lpool and the odds are roughly 3/1 :)

2.00 Plumpton

Ryeolliean looks a strong favourite..2.62 taken.

has a higher rating than Ronadhino but receives the 4lb wfa. Could be argued that Rye is worth the OHR whilst Ronaldhino is possibly flattered with 119. Even if both are spot on then Rye has an 8lb edge. Rye has very good course form as well.

Asknotwhat looks a similar horse to Skilled who beat him last time when giving that one weight..skilled looks like a 115/120 horse imo so isn't far off here but trainer has had a few run badly recently so has it to do imo againt an in form horse like Rye

2.00 Plumpton

has a higher rating than Ronadhino but receives the 4lb wfa. Could be argued that Rye is worth the OHR whilst Ronaldhino is possibly flattered with 119. Even if both are spot on then Rye has an 8lb edge. Rye has very good course form as well.

Asknotwhat looks a similar horse to Skilled who beat him last time when giving that one weight..skilled looks like a 115/120 horse imo so isn't far off here but trainer has had a few run badly recently so has it to do imo againt an in form horse like Rye

Well done with Ryeollian, a decent looking sort that I saw in the flesh on a yard visit to David O'Mearas. Had a patch of ringworm on his neck at the time and hadn't been racing. (I think there is a picture in the photos section)

2.00 Plumpton

Well done with Ryeollian, a decent looking sort that I saw in the flesh on a yard visit to David O'Mearas. Had a patch of ringworm on his neck at the time and hadn't been racing. (I think there is a picture in the photos section)

The Twisler - 2.10pm Doncaster - 1pt WIN 9-1 Bet365
I've got this race down to about 3 runners. The fav Stormin Tom has had a run this season and won last time out, staying on over 10f but that was a crappy class 6 race at Nottingham on good to firm and its soft at Donny. Magic Circle is the 2nd that interests me but might need the run, has finished well beaten by some decent sorts and should improve now stepped up in trip. The Twisler is the selection, ran 18 days ago and finished 2nd in a maiden to a horse rated 10lb superior. Ran 3 times over 7f to 1m (no doubt to get a low handicap mark) and then improved when upped in trip to 11.5f but did run on firm ground. I don't think (or hope) soft ground will be a problem and at 3 times the price of Stormin Tom I think this is more value.

Harmonic Lady/Heavenly River 2.40pm Doncaster - 2pts WIN split over the two runners 14-1 and 6-1 Bet365

This race is over 10f and half of the runners wouldn't get 10f unless they were in the horsebox. It's a class 5 race but some of these look quite poor. I'd be interested in Grand Liaison if there was recent turf form. Heavenly River has had a run and finished 3rd over 10.5f at this track to Sheriff of Nawton and the sheriff has franked that form with an impressive win back at Donny last time out. A look at the pedigree of Heavenly River has me baffled as to why they've been running over shorter distances unless it's that old trick again of looking awful over a wrong distance (Sir Mark Prescott has a degree in this). Harmonic Lady might need the run (off for 203 days) but won on debut last season (50-1 shock at Redcar) and then dwelt at Pontefract on handicap debut and weakened and eased when beaten. I'm not sure about stamina for this one but I can forgive that last run. Arseanle and Mendelita are the other main dangers.

King Torus/Twin Appeal - 4.25pm Doncaster - 3pts split over the 2 horses - 5-1/7-1 Bet365

King Torus was unlucky in the Spring Mile when trapped for a run and found similar trouble in running last time out. He's one of those unlucky losers that you think is still on a decent mark and can get his head in front with a bit of luck in running and this is the ideal course with a huge wide straight and he also has winning course form. He went into my notebook last season along with Pipers Note when winning here and that rival won again recently and is now rated 103. King Torus is rated 88, I think he could be at least 5-6lb better than that and the course form is often worth a few pounds too. The potential improver in the field for me is Twin Appeal. The formline of 1311 certainly appeals as does the recent run when 4th when not getting a clear run at Ayr (there's a pattern emerging here) and that should have blown away any cobwebs. Ran 14 days ago and has gone from a mark of 67 to 85 and probably still has more improvement in him. Has 3 recent wins over 7f and the 3rd place was over 1m. Farlow, Shared Equity and Personal Touch are obvious dangers.

Master Of Irony - 5.00pm Doncaster - 2pts WIN 5-2 Bet365
Mulaaseq is a course winner and stayed on well here over 7f to suggest the step up slightly to 1m will suit and there is also the benefit of that run being fairly recent. Master Of Irony ran once last season (December 2014) and won at Lingfield over 7f but has an impressive looking pedigree and should be fine over 1m. Might need the run which is a slight worry but I quite like Beckett as a trainer and I'm a huge fan of Atzeni on board today (Spencer on board when winning). Royal Altitide and Get Knotted are 2 interesting rivals at bigger prices but Mulaaseq and Master Of Irony are likely to be the longer term prospects that will go on to better things.

Three Gracez - 6.05pm Doncaster - 1pt WIN 5-2 Bet365
Not the greatest of races and Three Gracez is turned out quickly after winning last week at Beverley. The young impressive and in form Tom Marquand takes the ride again and has a chance to notch another winner in an awful looking finale.

2.55 wolves. HOUDINI and FARLOW in the 4.25 Don. are my only bets of the day

good luck to you all

2.55 wolves. HOUDINI and FARLOW in the 4.25 Don. are my only bets of the day

good luck to you all

Peace Prize (8:20 Windsor) won his first start in handicap company last time on soft ground at Nottingham.
Today he tackles firmer ground at Windsor but I'm hoping he's a horse who can go on different goings.
His sire Alfred Nobel won races on soft and firm ground.
Peace Prize looks potentially ahead of the handicapper and open to further progression, and Hugo Palmer's stable are in good nick, having had two winners from the last three runners.

Last edited:
Peace Prize (8:20 Windsor) won his first start in handicap company last time on soft ground at Nottingham.
Today he tackles firmer ground at Windsor but I'm hoping he's a horse who can go on different goings.
His sire Alfred Nobel won races on soft and firm ground.
Peace Prize looks potentially ahead of the handicapper and open to further progression, and Hugo Palmer's stable are in good nick, having had two winners from the last three runners.
On the Stoute runner in that one
Got 4/1 last night, can't resist the RL Moore factor and the step up in trip should suit.
Good luck.

Both beat. Mine did look like it could do with a bit of cut to be fair. Worth warching out for that in future with it.

2.25 bev GENERAL ALEXANDER .......3rd in the Brocklesby should take a hand in this considering he dwelt at the start of the Brocklesby and made headway a furlong out and looks reasonably treated, and MAD FOR THE ROAD in the 2.45 Sedgefield are my two for today

good luck to you all

2.25 bev GENERAL ALEXANDER .......3rd in the Brocklesby should take a hand in this considering he dwelt at the start of the Brocklesby and made headway a furlong out and looks reasonably treated, and MAD FOR THE ROAD in the 2.45 Sedgefield are my two for today

good luck to you all

WHAT ABOUT CARLO can run well in the 2:10 at York tomorrow.

The belter he ran at Doncaster in the Lincoln may have contributed in some way to his poor performance next time, and maybe he's a horse who puts one bad run in front of a good run, (and vice versa).
He won a 30k race last year after being beaten out of sight at something like 7/2 the time before, so this pattern would suggest he may have a chance tomorrow.
If he's on a going day and he stays the 10F he can out-run current odds of 16/1 and William Buick is an eye catching jockey booking.
I'll take-on these unexposed types at the head of the betting.
This is a Marb special! :)

Last edited:
I was really taken by Winged Crusader when he won last time at Kelso.

Always up there he went to the front miles from home and just ran them into the ground.

Can't for the life of me understand why he's not near enough odds on as you have to go back a long way since any the others have raised a gallop

He really looked to enjoy every minute of his race at Kelso and unless it took more out of him than it looked to I can't see him losing tonight

Winged Crusader 9/4 looks way to big

I was really taken by Winged Crusader when he won last time at Kelso.

Always up there he went to the front miles from home and just ran them into the ground.

Can't for the life of me understand why he's not near enough odds on as you have to go back a long way since any the others have raised a gallop

He really looked to enjoy every minute of his race at Kelso and unless it took more out of him than it looked to I can't see him losing tonight

Winged Crusader 9/4 looks way to big

Best of luck, Tanlic. It seems there is an issue with people double posting. An alien from Mars would think we couldn't get our points across first time around. : )

Last edited:
2:10 See The Sun 2:40 Bragging (nap) 3:15 Jack Hobbs 3:45 Balducci at York.
I think the first two are nailed on. Tanlics write up on Jack Hobbs has convinced me he might beat Elm Park. Balducci could go well from the front at a big price in the Hambleton handicap..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back