What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice Belle 2.55 Salisbury. Went into my tracker after her fine second at Windsor last month. She pulled plenty that day and just didn't have enough to hold off the Godolphin filly who beat her. That filly won next time out off of an 8lb higher mark and I think a slight step down in trip and a couple of front runners in oppo today means she settles better.

Justice Belle 2.55 Salisbury. Went into my tracker after her fine second at Windsor last month. She pulled plenty that day and just didn't have enough to hold off the Godolphin filly who beat her. That filly won next time out off of an 8lb higher mark and I think a slight step down in trip and a couple of front runners in oppo today means she settles better.

been waiting for this one too Euro..the split times for the first two at Windsor showed that Sparring was 16lb ahead of his mark that day and that Justice Bell was 11lb ahead of her mark. JB can win off 80 imo so has a fair edge here..surprised to see Endless time the fav tbh.

been waiting for this one too Euro..the split times for the first two at Windsor showed that Sparring was 16lb ahead of his mark that day and that Justice Bell was 11lb ahead of her mark. JB can win off 80 imo so has a fair edge here..surprised to see Endless time the fav tbh.

That makes 3 of us that fancy it. What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

Not really a time dude but that's a nice confidence booster.

what i do with these is usually let one of the two that are clear of the field run..see what happens...sometimes the winner runs where it can't win but with Sparring defying the upgrade it confirms the time mark ups..which makes the 2nd horse..or 3rd if all the first 3 are clear worth a decent bet. One area where the time spent doing sectionals pays back decently...obviously they don't all win...this turf season i've spotted 8 races like this and 4 have won when the other one confirms it.

PERFECT PASTURE 2.10 York ....now here's an interesting booking......... Ryan Moore at least for a handicapper who is usually ridden by either A.Kirby or G.Gibbons
done nothing except win a Modest race at Southwell in January .......I believe the horse has won previously but only on dirt

after watching the first race at Salisbury i've layed off my bet on Justice Belle at 3.0..get a free bet ..it may still win ..but those conditions look dire ..a little different from last run..it may be ok looking at the breeding on slow but am happy to have the free bet

after watching the first race at Salisbury i've layed off my bet on Justice Belle at 3.0..get a free bet ..it may still win ..but those conditions look dire ..a little different from last run..it may be ok looking at the breeding on slow but am happy to have the free bet

lol..just read this

Ed Walker runs Justice Belle in the feature at 2.55 and the rain this morning is "very welcome" according to the trainer.
the

ground is timing at G/S at the mo..so have backed it again

Last edited:
well..looking at her action i'm a bit bemused by that trainer comment about wanting slow ground..i can't see it mesen

the winner was said by the pundits not to want slow..but has a higher action?

should have gone with my initial feeling..listening to trainers is not for me

a funny old game:)

Last edited:
That was a kick in the teeth - fully expected a win there.

Another tracker horse out at Newmarket tomorrow though, have to keep plugging on.

Another tracker horse out today - Express Himself in the 4.40 at Headquarters. Pulled like a bucking bronco first time out at Ponte - finished third, front two getting first run on him and advantaged by racing up with the sedate pace also. He flew towards the end of that race, is off the same mark today plus 3lbs off for his claimer. Should go well, the Cumani trained fav for today's race was behind him at Ponte. Happy with 6/1

Best of luck with that one. I have to give some sort of an each way sqeak to Easy Terms in the 2:40 at York. This was a good horse and he is back to a lenient mark. Imo. Im happy to take my chance at 16s or bigger.

Last edited:
It's hard backing horses who had previous form that are down to low marks these days, invariably they don't recapture it and the horses with more recent form on upward curves usually prevail.
Quite frustrating as backing well handicapped horses is part of what excites me about the game!

Last edited:
It's frustrating when you keep backing horses, they run well and some Godolphin **** beats them. I'm sure they're delighted to be spending billions on winning handicaps

It's frustrating when you keep backing horses, they run well and some Godolphin **** beats them. I'm sure they're delighted to be spending billions on winning handicaps

They bossed the all weather this winter -just what they dreamt of when they set Godolphin up.

Last edited:
Secret Hint in the 3.15 at Ripon. Tracker horse from last season who ran well enough over 5 and a half at Wetherby first time out last month. Return to 6f will suit today and she's 7lbs better off with her conqueror at Wetherby. Balding is a good trainer of fillies and she looks the type who will progress from 3 to 4.

Oh dear!
Looked at the race last night, and thought Ridge Ranger won comfortably and - despite the extra 1/2f and the 7lb more - was likely to confirm the form today.
11/2 against 9/4 really ought to be a no brainer to a value seeker such as yourself, no?

I'll be interested to see how Secret Hint goes today because she is the most unexposed filly in the field and 88 looks workable. However she carries 9-13 and I'd rather just take Gran Canaria Queen each way at 14s. She finished just behind Secret Hint in the same race and really could reverse the form today if benefiting from the comeback, especially given that the 5 and a half at Wetherby was inadequate based on the in running comments.

Oh dear!
Looked at the race last night, and thought Ridge Ranger won comfortably and - despite the extra 1/2f and the 7lb more - was likely to confirm the form today.
11/2 against 9/4 really ought to be a no brainer to a value seeker such as yourself, no?

You might be right, but Secret Hint ended a losing streak for me last season so I might be biased. Her form from the back end of last season reads really well also.

I'll be interested to see how Secret Hint goes today because she is the most unexposed filly in the field and 88 looks workable. However she carries 9-13 and I'd rather just take Gran Canaria Queen each way at 14s. She finished just behind Secret Hint in the same race and really could reverse the form today if benefiting from the comeback, especially given that the 5 and a half at Wetherby was inadequate based on the in running comments.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back