What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.10 Wetherby-Chebsey Beau

Each Way @ 6-1 [Bet 365] BOG

Big fan of the 7lb conditional riding Dean Pratt

1.10 Ascot Chtbello 8/1 ew

Think this is way overpriced after his first run where fitness just cost him. Could lead these a merry dance.

Not quite the card it had promised to be at Carlisle today but still a good afternoons racing
L'aigle Royal couldn't quite reel in Lord Wishes at Wetherby last month but was giving him 9lb plus the jockeys 5lb claim but meets him today on much better terms and with the trip and stiff finish to suit places can be reversed!

Two ew plays for me in the Melbourne Cup.
Whoshot thebarman at 25/1 and Gust of Wind at 33/1.

Last edited:
Gutted with Max Dynamite - extremely unlucky second and the e/w terms don't soften the blow.

Initial feeling was that Dettori should have done better but I'll calm down and rewatch later.

Happy for winning connections though, very nice,

7.10 Wolverhampton-Lord Reason

Each Way @ 8-1 [Bet 365] BOG

Is better than last run when beaten favourite

I have looked at tomorrow and have settled on three horses I reckon can run big races.

Warwick 1:00
CRICKEL WOOD (NAP) makes his first appearance in a handicap hurdle for the in-form yard of Charlie Longsdon. He ran a nice race when third to Regulation (who looks like a horse that will be winning his fair share of races now rated 134).
Crickel Wood only managed 4th next time out when favourite at Stratford. However, If he'd won that race at Stratford he'd be rated too high to run in this handicap tomorrow, so if he runs to that earlier form with Regulation, he is well-handicapped on 113 and certainly deserving of his place at the head of the betting.

1:35
FREE OF CHARGE (NB) has beaten For N Against over hurdles, (when they were almost identically rated), and tomorrow they meet over fences. The selection was running a nice race in its first chase before falling, whereas For N Against was beaten 45 lengths on his two chase outings.
When you look at what they've achieved in their limited chase starts, Free Of Charge is definitely the better handicapped animal off 110 compared to the mark of 115 for For N Against.

There are obviously other horses in the race but I thought the form between these two was a strong indication about Free Of Charge's chance.
The David Pipe trained horse should not be shorter in the betting than Free Of Charge, as everything points to Free Of Charge being the more progressive and better handicapped horse over fences.

Chepstow 3:20
MOORLANDS MIST E/W was a lot better in 2013 than 2014, but has won twice here at Chepstow. He is back on a previous winning mark of 122, switched to a new stable and with the five pound claimer on board is worth an each bet in the event he finds his old Chepstow form. He is my nomination as a horse to do well at a big price.

Last edited:
I have looked at tomorrow and have settled on three horses I reckon can run big races.

Warwick 1:00
CRICKEL WOOD (NAP) makes his first appearance in a handicap hurdle for the in-form yard of Charlie Longsdon. He ran a nice race when third to Regulation (who looks like a horse that will be winning his fair share of races now rated 134).
Crickel Wood only managed 4th next time out when favourite at Stratford. However, If he'd won that race at Stratford he'd be rated too high to run in this handicap tomorrow, so if he runs to that earlier form with Regulation, he is well-handicapped on 113 and certainly deserving of his place at the head of the betting.

1:35
FREE OF CHARGE (NB) has beaten For N Against over hurdles, (when they were almost identically rated), and tomorrow they meet over fences. The selection was running a nice race in its first chase before falling, whereas For N Against was beaten 45 lengths on his two chase outings.
When you look at what they've achieved in their limited chase starts, Free Of Charge is definitely the better handicapped animal off 110 compared to the mark of 115 for For N Against.

There are obviously other horses in the race but I thought the form between these two was a strong indication about Free Of Charge's chance.
The David Pipe trained horse should not be shorter in the betting than Free Of Charge, as everything points to Free Of Charge being the more progressive and better handicapped horse over fences.

Chepstow 3:20
MOORLANDS MIST E/W was a lot better in 2013 than 2014, but has won twice here at Chepstow. He is back on a previous winning mark of 122, switched to a new stable and with the five pound claimer on board is worth an each bet in the event he finds his old Chepstow form. He is my nomination as a horse to do well at a big price.

Great shout with your nap mate! Well done

Arr cheers. I finished a little in profit thanks to the NAP, and he made it worth my while.
A shame about the second one though. The e/w ran ok but will be better for the run.
I suppose most tipsters would settle for 1/3!
I don't consider myself a tipster of any kind though, I literally view these threads as a place to jot down my own thoughts on a horse or two. Thanks for your well done though.

Last edited:
heads up heads down job..unlucky...will have put an edge on after the lay off..will win next time..was "winner" of that listed race last time,,100+ horse on my calcs

Special Tiara has his ground in the Fortia today and should take all the beating, Twinlight was tempting but needs it deep to come into play I reckon.

12.45 vincenzo mio is absolutely slung in here after a long lay off in this..beat stephen hero 17 giving 10 lb when last at a level could show best..yet only races off 130 here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back