What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have checked the met office website and there does seem to be significant rain heading to Fakenham Racecourse tomorrow afternoon. This means in the 2:40 Sportsreport is of massive interest as a two time winner on heavy ground over fences at two miles

Just saying,..like. :).

Last edited:
4:10 Iconic Star - decent effort at Cheltenham lto coming 5th. The 4th that day Girly Girl has since won, Hobbs team in decent form and I always prefer a run under the belt compared to fto. Small stakes.

Last edited:
Sedgefield 1.00 ROCKY TWO 8/1 BOG E/way
“He works like he should be rated in the high 70s or low 80s, but he has been something of a letdown on the track and is actually on a mark of just 44 on the Flat. However, he's been second in his last two runs since we sent him back over hurdles and the way he ran last time at Sedgefield, suggests he might finally be getting the hang of things. That form would give him a serious chance in a similar maiden hurdle next time. We will stick with him because when things do click he could be exceptionally well handicapped.”

Stratford 3.40 TARA ROAD 13/2 BOG E/way
“He won on two of his six starts at Ascot on good ground in November and then at Ffos Las on heavy ground later in the month. His breathing was just a bit of an issue on his final two starts and hopefully he should continue to improve. I will give him an entry in the Paddy Power at Cheltenham.”
Chef says, I’ve noticed he has won on second run in both of his first two seasons. He ran a very respectable race first time out this season.

E/way double.

I am going to try and get the weekend off to a flyer by taking on Clear Cut in the first at Newmarket.My take on him is that he came second in a rubbish Fairyhouse maiden before being well beaten in a listed race at Newmarket.Currently 1.87 to lay but I would hope to do the business ay 1.8 or lower.

The conditions race in Newmarket is a race farmed by 2yo's in recent years. Weight for age allowance becomes more pronounced towards the end of the season possibly. I attacked this race last year with Apache Storm, as the only possible 2yo capable of winning, to no avail. It was pointed out at the time that the previous 2yo winners were all a pretty decent bunch.

This year Noble Peace stands out as the one 2yo capable of winning this edition. Will he be up to it in your opinion? The top two in the market don't look great so could this be Noble Peace's opportunity?

agree with Luke....had a small lay of ..clear cut ..at 1.8 in the 12.25..could struggle here..sire record at newmarket with 2yo on slow ground is 1/46 and over 7f there 2/50

Last edited:
good news..beaten by a 33/1 shot..bad news brown pants due to margin

in fairness..if winner had not run all over newmarket would have won by further

Ascot
2.15 Bellenos
3.25 Pendra

Wetherby
3.05 Ballynagour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back