What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Le Mercurey (3.15) had a hard race at Ascot, and subsequently only finished 3rd a fortnight later. Had a month of'f since, and remains on the same mark as Ascot (the horse he beat won 10l yesterday), and with improvement expected for the step up in trip, looks a solid bet at the current 13/2

I've outline what I am backing at Cheltenham but my main bet is Yanworth looks a top bet today and I will be shocked if he is beaten.

What I won't be doing is taking up the RP's offer for a free month if Thistlecrack wins. JOKERS!!!!

1.15 Cheltenham

Smooth Stepper
...looks well in on the run at Newcastle on 28 Nov. On that day he ran a similar time to 145 then rated Wakanda..and more importantly on top of that ...a similar last 3 fence time. The 3 horses close in behind since all have alphabet form since then..including SS ...who was then shoved a Grade 2 he couldn't win. Talking of franking form:)..well that newcastle race has the best non complete form of all time since then..it looks dire to a franking man....but the time showed that was decent race.

Smooth Stepper is a nice price today..so its well worth the gamble that race was decent..its a shorter trip today but in the conditions and SS likes to be prominent ...well worth a go. Races off 130 which is only 3 higher..but Wakanda is now a 151 hoss.

had a bit of 17.0 + 16.0 earlier..currently 13.5

Last edited:
Lots of personal fancies today

Cheltenham
12.40 Clan Des Obeux - I thought this would be odds-on

3.35 Camping Ground - If he gets the trip I think he wins

4.10 Frodon e/way - I like his French form and hopefully Nicholls has improved him

Doncaster
3.15 Coologue e/way - still looks to be improving

4.25 Floramoss e/way - Homebread whose mare was a 2m bumper winner and trainer has nearly 50% place to run ratio - has finished 2nd and 4th with his two runners in this race. Value e/way bet at the odds just a shame James Reveley not riding as injured.

Coologue for me as well. Liked his run behind Southfield Royale. Le Mercury looks the big danger though as just about everything he's beat this season has come out and won NTO.

1.15 Cheltenham

Smooth Stepper
...looks well in on the run at Newcastle on 28 Nov. On that day he ran a similar time to 145 then rated Wakanda..and more importantly on top of that ...a similar last 3 fence time. The 3 horses close in behind since all have alphabet form since then..including SS ...who was then shoved a Grade 2 he couldn't win. Talking of franking form:)..well that newcastle race has the best non complete form of all time since then..it looks dire to a franking man....but the time showed that was decent race.

Smooth Stepper is a nice price today..so its well worth the gamble that race was decent..its a shorter trip today but in the conditions and SS likes to be prominent ...well worth a go. Races off 130 which is only 3 higher..but Wakanda is now a 151 hoss.

had a bit of 17.0 + 16.0 earlier..currently 13.5

Had it each way thanks!

that ground at uttoxeter is unreal..i've never seen a race finish like that..horses basically just couldn't jump the fences they were that exhausted

Nap of the day is laying Barters Hill for as much as possible at 1.82.

i looked at this race but you are relying on Mullins hoss appreciating the ground and BH might just prefer it more..its a lot quicker there than what up for review has won on..a watcher for me..good luck

Hi all. It's been a long long time since I've posted. Started new job 6 months ago which has greatly reduced my time to study the form and post on here.
Anyway, was at Gordon Elliot's yard last Saturday for a stable tour and Whistle Dixie was one they were very keen on. Already had a decent bet at 13/2 and seeing how poor all WPM horse are running this week, I've gone back in again. Runs in the next at Fairyhouse 3:05

Buywise won't get round without a mistake or 3 but Brian Harding's creep creep style will suit him and the step up to 3m is overdue.

Le Mercurey (3.15) had a hard race at Ascot, and subsequently only finished 3rd a fortnight later. Had a month of'f since, and remains on the same mark as Ascot (the horse he beat won 10l yesterday), and with improvement expected for the step up in trip, looks a solid bet at the current 13/2

Could hardly have been more wrong. Nice one, Tiggers.

Hi all. It's been a long long time since I've posted. Started new job 6 months ago which has greatly reduced my time to study the form and post on here.
Anyway, was at Gordon Elliot's yard last Saturday for a stable tour and Whistle Dixie was one they were very keen on. Already had a decent bet at 13/2 and seeing how poor all WPM horse are running this week, I've gone back in again. Runs in the next at Fairyhouse 3:05

Welcome back DH :D
well done to those with winners today

Ruby Walsh to ride a treble at punchestown 7/2 SkyBet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done to the winners yesterday!

Just had a bit e/w at generally available 25/1 on Hey Bob in the 15:15 at Sedgefield. Out of the handicap, but has a squeak for a place.

Who actually bets on those races? The rules of qualification are to blame for such a farce of a 'race'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back