What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way India's Song (4.10) scythed through her field latest, a 5lb rise is not enough to stop her here. 5/1 currently.
If there is a danger, it's likely Lady Marl, though that contingency can be covered e.w. as there's little danger of her not making first 3.

Plumpton 1.35 Shake Devaney 16/1 e/way - On a line through Cyrius Moriviere this horse technically has better form than the favourite over hurdles. If handling the ground it is possible he may outrun his odds and looks a value small e/way bet.

In the same race i'm really struggling to see why Clayton is so short..Generous Jack will prefer the hock deep ground more than Clayton..i've got to back Generous Jack..Shalke Devaney looks a good EW bet Chef as he can beat Clayton surely on this ground

in the 2.0 at wolves fairy foxglove will be at top of anyone who does speed figures ratings..he is top on mine..and Binky blue has been a nice earner since..and it may win even though dropped back to 6f..but its a sh1t price and isn't sure to appreciate the drop..the positive for it is there is lots of pace...i hope it loses then goes back up to 7f at a little more generous price

One horse that will probably bomb out stepped up is Novabridge..who really needs his own way at 5f..and is on my list since that 2nd a while ago...so against all logic i have have to have a go at the current odds..i've had a small go at 55.0 just so i don't throw the computer out the window if it won at those odds

Last edited:
another big figure hoss that i would have preferred to lose..easy to spot..but f all use dropped back and that price..Novabridge dropped out there to get the trip...or to not have a chance at all...i ought to put him on cliff hosses thread..he's classic material..don't really think he can win..but just daren't let him do so at 54/1 and not be on:D

Last edited:
The way India's Song (4.10) scythed through her field latest, a 5lb rise is not enough to stop her here. 5/1 currently.
If there is a danger, it's likely Lady Marl, though that contingency can be covered e.w. as there's little danger of her not making first 3.

I like Abbey Angel.

AL'S MEMORY (Wolves 5.15) E/W is the main bet though.

Last edited:
Interesting next race at Punchestown,16 non triers going for 6 qualifying places :whistle:

I met the guy presenting the Trophy for the Leopardstown qualifier; asked him how he felt about presenting a prize nobody wanted.

He replied that he felt worse when there were eight qualifying places, or when M C Pipe found a qualifier that would be abandoned to qualify his Cheltenham prospect !

The JP winner from that race is useful. Gerraghty was really soft on him and left him a hell of a lot to do. When he pressed the button he flew home. It'll be interesting to see what view the handicapper takes, but he's definitely of interest for the Pertemps Final.

Just listening to the Racing Postcast there and they were saying that Rathpatrick definitely won't get in to. No idea how accurate that is, but they seemed fairly certain. One for the notebook nonetheless, was their synopsis.

very speculative canadian

2.00 Edgar
2.30 Fujin
3.30 Flying Lesson
4.00 Prayer Time
4.30 Rosie Crowe

aye Col..thought Smad Place winning might have flushed him out..hope he's ok

Last edited:
4.00 - Southwell - Golden Wedding. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.
It's always a risk selecting a horse who hasn't run on this surface before but Golden Wedding has been running mainly against better horses than she meets here and she looks weighted to get competitive if she handles the surface. The likely strong pace should suit a horse who stays further and her sole win came on an easier surface at Brighton. Although that is often not a reliable guide to a horse going well here she looks worth chancing at a double figure price. She is still a relatively lightly raced Mare after 12 starts and she hasn't run many poor races in that time. This is just her third start over a mile and the cheekpieces in which she has run up to her best on her last three starts are retained.

good place Ricko

4.15 Sonny The One is nap bet today..2nd to Waldorf Salad last time so couldn't have beaten that one who was well in...big time figure for winner there....same c/d same mark...nothing like WS to face

Last edited:
Cheers, better than nothing. One more.

4.15 - Taunton - Tour Des Champs. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.
Tour Des Champs can have issues with his jumping and that was the case from an early stage in the Welsh Grand National on his second start back from a long absence last time out at Chepstow. Prior to that he had travelled and won well on his reappearance at the same track. He is versatile with regards to ground conditions and tactics and he is weighted to get competitive in these calmer waters. The visor which he wore to good effect before his absence returns for the first time since and that could sharpen up his fencing. His burden is reduced by a good three pound claimer and, although four of his five victories have come going anti-clockwise, he has won going right-handed.

Oh, just realised I've gone against yours EC1...we know how that usually works out :)

Devilution is getting it's last chance from me today, been waiting for it to return to Southwell over 7fs, was backed last night from 16/1 into 8/1. American dirt bred horse hasn't had a winner here less than 7fs, this horse has been running on too late over 6fs and hampered at Kempton last time, but this surface seems to suit more.

See, we know how that works out. Nice one just did enough.
Just let me know when you need me to oppose one for you and I'll oblige :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back