What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.25 Clonmel Don't tell no one. Nice winner last time out for connections, they spoke highly of the horse around the time, and is a nice price today. Bet for me.

6.10 Saved My Bacon

At last a decent one of the to follows. Last time out SMB was the moral winner behind Bosham..the early pace in that race wasn't strong and it was difficult to close late..SMB did that and can be rated the real winner of that race The bonus today is that Bosham is worse off at the weights and will get pressured by Desert Strike.

strong bet..3.6 taken this morning

6.10 Saved My Bacon

At last a decent one of the to follows. Last time out SMB was the moral winner behind Bosham..the early pace in that race wasn't strong and it was difficult to close late..SMB did that and can be rated the real winner of that race The bonus today is that Bosham is worse off at the weights and will get pressured by Desert Strike.

strong bet..3.6 taken this morning

I was about to post I thought Desert Strike was the value bet at the odds - have already backed him so will do yours as a saver and a r/f/c - good luck

last throw of teh dice today...7.40 it looks like Heather dalton has put pull the pin in to make sure of a strong pace for Royal Rettie who has raced keenly..and all out gallop should suit RR. To go to that trouble then RR must be fancied to take this..its not a hard race to win and RR has placed in better race two ago

4.8 taken

last throw of teh dice today...7.40 it looks like Heather dalton has put pull the pin in to make sure of a strong pace for Royal Rettie who has raced keenly..and all out gallop should suit RR. To go to that trouble then RR must be fancied to take this..its not a hard race to win and RR has placed in better race two ago

4.8 taken

Problem is Dalton couldn't train ivy up a wall before the interference of that prick Arnold, let alone after it. Apparently he insists on feeding them a sack of carrots each every day. That's not a joke.

There was a horse running in Dundalk before Christmas & on debut she seemed to be given an easy time of it to finish 7th of 15. She pulled hard throughout and still traveled well up the straight. She went into my tracker & is well bred out of Dandy Man. She'll probably appreciate a shorter trip come the summer when the ground hardens.

She goes again in the 7.00 tonight and at 66/1 she could nick a place if that run has brought improvement.

Dotty Lotty 7.00 Dundalk.

Not often I back something in Dundalk but will have a few euro ew on this lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5th & checked by the winner when coming for her run. Definitely a race in her.

there was a big word from a few on whradio about that one.

9.00 race is an odd one..most of those that have anything like a bit of form all look nonstayers ..except Scenic Star. This one been twig hopping on dire ground..didn't like it. But has 3 flat runs that suggest can win this..stays a bit further and is weighted to win..should lead and outstay these. about 7/1 at moment

odd ride..SS had beaten the winner over 13f..he let all the 10f hosses group up..at top of straight..wasted his edge re stamina..won't find an easier race than that to win..odd one

Yala Enki (3-00)may have got an easy lead latest, but fought off all challengers at the end, and was actually going away from the Nicholl's horse who's shorter in the betting. Step up in trip likely to suit better today (Albert Bartlett entry) and the general 5/1 will do nicely,

Two bets today. Goodbye Dancer in the 2.05 at Ffos Las. Ran well last time out on very deep ground at Haydock, beaten only by a well handicapped Baywing who had no weight on him. GD is at the bottom of this handicap, has a claimer on to negate being 4lbs wrong and stays further than 2 and a half which might be needed in Somme like conditions. One of only two jumpers in my tracker I'm happy with 14s.

Valseur Lido is overpriced at 8s over at Leopardstown. I think R2R is one to oppose at odds on and VL has the best form of the remainder.

1:10 Lingfield - Duke of north. Boyle double handed. This one looks the one to me and a bit of money this morning has helped my confidence. Still 9s and 10s in places.

1:45 Lingfield - Justice Good. Each way shot for me. Could be a bit more to come and 20s seems fair.

3:00 Sandown - Invicta Lake. Looking towards the bottom of the weights. Won it last year off a similar mark. There doesn't seem anything alarmingly well in. 16s fair.

They say it's a mugs game backing odds on because eventually you will go bust.

BUT!! that does not mean you ignore value when it is staring you right in the face.

Over 40k has been traded on Peace and Co at odds at up to 1.63 bf

Crazy price IMO.

You could argue despite his antics and losing many lengths during the race.Rayvin Black made the New One pull out all the stops
but Peace and Co is not the New One who seems to make hard work of every race he runs in no matter what the class.

I expect Peace and Co to win in similar fashion to how he won at Donnie when leaving everything for dead.

I am betting him accordingly and will be gobsmacked if he does not win easily........no question of him being beaten...simply not going to happen.:ninja:

Native River at Wetherby
Saroque in the 3.30 Sandown
Arthur's Oak in the 1.50 Sandown. May get a softer lead this time giving him a better chance at the business end

Last edited:
9/4 isn't a price you could retire off, but Cup Final (4.30) looks absolutely rock solid to take this. Though his last run was 14 months ago, he gave weight and a beating to horses currently rated much higher than his present 132, and all the signs are he'll do better today.
Travels north to qualify for the same race intended last season (Pertemps Final), but also for the step up in trip and better ground which he's crying out for. The icing on the cake is Barry Geraghty is due to ride at his absolute minimum.
What could possibly go wrong? :)

Be quite good to see some racing on some decent ground for a change.

On top of Cup Final think Hendo will have a good day north of the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back