What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite like the chances of Inswing to turn over the Fav in the 4.10. Won easily at Lingfield last week where i had him about 6lbs in hand and has to contend with an 8lbs rise. Patrick O'Donnell really caught the eye last year and i'm glad he can still claim 5lbs this year after riding in Australia this winter, gets 12lbs from the fav inc his allowance. Have took 6/1 this AM and into 9/2 now.

Great card in sunny Edinburgh today.

Nicky Henderson has a handful of runners the most interesting being Days of Heaven and Cardinal Walters who are entered in the Betfair Hurdle.

Can't see the former being too busy but he probably wouldn't beat Aristo Du Plessis who just keeps winning and should be on a 7 timer but for a fall.

Cardinal Walters on the other hand will be off for his life but he's not my cup of tea and at the weights I still favour Aristo Du Plessis around 4/1

On a day when he could have a clean sweep I am opposing his pair in the first and going with Simon Squirrel who I like a lot despite being outclassed by Altior.

I reckon this race is a notch down from what he's been up against and is a knocking EW bet at around 7 or 8/1

So Simon Squirrel Ew and Aristo Du Plessis win and an EW double are my best today

Following you in with Simon Squirrel. Looks the form pick to me and value at 7/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fancy - Fakenham 1.45 Astrum & Musselburgh 2.00 Blue Rambler both 9/4 BOG - 2 x singles and a double.

Last edited:
Going to have a little EW bet on Top Offer in the seller although not at all confident, but the price is too big to ignore.
Now Marwan Koukash has sent Summerinthecity back to Fahey it leaves Pat Morris very short of numbers and feel he'll need to land a punt or two just to keep going. Bought out of the Peter Crate yard where he won his last but one race easily from 60 that was over 6fs,(really looks his distance), has had some bird riding it who has never ridden a winner but put Lee on it last time and i thought was a decent performance 3rd to Dutch Garden in what looks to me like a decent time for the grade. Should have the beating of Herculean Prince on that running, doesn't look a strong race to me and just hopeful of a place really and maybe might get up, would hope to see some late money for it though.

I have no knowledge of this mythical place you mention.

PS. Nice shootin', reet.

I think DG tipped that one as well on another thread. There was Bleu Et Rouge as well at the weekend & now this one today. Surely it's time for the 'Cheltenham Fund' thread to be resurrected for such inciteful nods in the right direction?

Memyselfie (4.50) caught a tartar first try in a visor, but had the rest of the field stone cold. A drop in grade & a more experienced pilot should see her confirm that promise today.
Well backed but still plenty of 4's available.

Great call with Cup Final reet.

A bit of fun today t/t/c at Carlisle - hours of study involved but no real faith in any but have done an e/way Heinz and singles for small stakes.

1.50 Dubai Celebrity
2.20 Johnny Eager
2.55 Mo Chailin
3.30 Dr Moloney
4.05 Kilbree Chief (NAP)
4.35 Veinard(n.b.)

Great call with Cup Final reet.

A bit of fun today t/t/c at Carlisle - hours of study involved but no real faith in any but have done an e/way Heinz and singles for small stakes.

1.50 Dubai Celebrity
2.20 Johnny Eager
2.55 Mo Chailin
3.30 Dr Moloney
4.05 Kilbree Chief (NAP)
4.35 Veinard(n.b.)

Putting up a selection in a class 6 at Southwell wouldn't be my speciality, but this one caught my eye as I remember Simpson Jersey putting it up last January when it won at 16/1.

Horse is Eium Mac - 1:45 Southwell

This is his time of year - ran well on reappearance and should be primed to strike this time. Loves the fibresand and 8f in a class 6 is perfect.

I'll be having a bit of 11/2 each way, and maybe a small saver on the old stager General Tufto, who is looking well handicapped on his best form and chased the selection home last January.

Hope you kept the faith Benny!

Sorry Benny i'm off out in a minute and haven't looked in any detail at tonights card. Only horse that i keep an eye on left to run is Embankment in the 7.25, just as likely to come last as 1st as keeps totally missing the break but was only just touched off this time last year over C/D in C4 from this mark, perhaps be prepared to lose just a couple of Quid on it, unless you've got fast pictures and you can back it if he gets off within 5 lengths of them, good luck.

Totalize looks interesting at 12/1 in the 1.55 at Huntingdon tomorrow. Surprised Fehily rides this one and not the jolly as I thought he was retained by the owners

Totalize looks interesting at 12/1 in the 1.55 at Huntingdon tomorrow. Surprised Fehily rides this one and not the jolly as I thought he was retained by the owners

Twiston-Davies has ridden all the owners horses trained by Nicholls for the last two seasons when available

Doncaster 1.15 Imperial Leader 20/1 having a wild e/way punt on this outsider as is well handicapped on old form and stable in very good form. Hoping change of ground will do the trick and problems hopefully sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back