What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
12.50 - Time Out - believed to be well handicapped

1.20 - Bourne - could be top class

3.20 - Plus Jamais - he is big and gallops well, he has been described as a machine as he has an engine like none trainer has trained before.

‎12.40 - Jigsaw Puzzle - talks surrounds this horse about heading to cheltenham in march. He is a out and out galloper who reminds the trainer of Knights Pass.

1.10 - Soir D'estruval - he is believed to be a stable star at home

1.40 - No No Bingo - expected to improve but not top class - small e/w.

I agree with Time Out and PJ. PJ will need further in time but should have the class to win this (half brother to Sa Suffit)

I've been champing at the bit waiting for this one to go over fences but apparantly so have half the lads in the yard.

Closely related to Red Maurauder the 2m4f trip wont be a problem.

He's forecast at 6/4 fav in the Spotinglife just a pity they are not bookmakers. If you get anything near evens you should wear one of these :ninja:

The horse is SKINT 1st race Bangor which I will be if he loses ;)

Barry Geharty is on duty at Newbury to ride Ericht and Broadbackbob.

Potential stable star Montbazon will be very popular with Alan King supporters and rightly so. However Ericht had Steps of Freedom well and truly beaten until he blew up after the last at Cheltenham and will have come on a ton since then. So I'm sticking the winnings, if there's any, on him.

Polisky looks like starting a short priced fav for the 2.00 O''Clock having run 3rd in the Neptune Novices behind Fingal bay. He wasn't beaten far but something had to finished 3rd and the rest were near useless, but he does look useful.

Broadbackbob beat the highly thought of Cinders and Ashes who looks destined for the top and would be odds on to win this. BBB has to give PN's horse 7lbs but it's not beyond the realms of possibility and he should just about make it 3 out of 3 for Nicky henderson.

Longshot

2:00 Dancing Emily 50/1 general - bigger on exchanges - small e/way

Won her bumper then a close 4th under a penalty to Hendersons, Top Of The Range and Curtis's One Term (Winner of a Listed bumper at Cheltenham last month beating Jimbill and Montbazon).

Has already been entered twice and not taken part due to the conditions, they are waiting for rain and the yard make no secret that this is the one they hold big hopes for over the coming months. Got to be worth a dabble at the price even if it is first time over hurdles.

2:00 Dancing Emily 50/1 general - bigger on exchanges - small e/way

Won her bumper then a close 4th under a penalty to Hendersons, Top Of The Range and Curtis's One Term (Winner of a Listed bumper at Cheltenham last month beating Jimbill and Montbazon).

Has already been entered twice and not taken part due to the conditions, they are waiting for rain and the yard make no secret that this is the one they hold big hopes for over the coming months. Got to be worth a dabble at the price even if it is first time over hurdles.

Great spot SW, and would be single figures if with a big stable. Well worth a few quid.

I've seen non triers but that was pretty bad from Jacob on Garton King. Watch his 'effort' from 2 out. Racing continues to preoccupy itself with the whip issue when things like this are, for me, much worse.

I've seen non triers but that was pretty bad from Jacob on Garton King. Watch his 'effort' from 2 out. Racing continues to preoccupy itself with the whip issue when things like this are, for me, much worse.

To me it seems to be a smoke screen for this type of behaviour. If they spent two years focussing entirely on the non-triers they would be doing racing a decent service not like this current shambles. 12 days for SWC for taking the wrong course - non triers should get 2 months.

To me it seems to be a smoke screen for this type of behaviour. If they spent two years focussing entirely on the non-triers they would be doing racing a decent service not like this current shambles. 12 days for SWC for taking the wrong course - non triers should get 2 months.

Agree completely. What did you think of it?

I may be in town tomorrow if you want to be bought a coffee? :cool:

The amount of races I watched today where I shook my head after seeing some of the rides especially with drifters in the market has left me with a neck brace on. What exactly are the stewards and BHA doing in Mordor?

The amount of races I watched today where I shook my head after seeing some of the rides especially with drifters in the market has left me with a neck brace on. What exactly are the stewards and BHA doing in Mordor?

Same thoughts here. I don't know what to say to be honest.

Daryl Jacob should get everything those flat jockeys got - he did exactly the same and I couldn't care less whether it was down to profit on it or not - he shouldn't be allowed to ride again for a couple of years - he simply was not trying from 2 out.

Sorry but you're miles off the mark with accusations like that

Had Daryll stuck a cattleprod up the horses backside he still wouldn't have finished in the places. A short run in he eased down but only after the others landed running and he landed kackered and flat footed. He was clearly not going to finish in the places no matter what.

Last edited:
Dandy Nichol's has an odds on hot pot in the 1st at Southwell but anything but straightforward. He travelled reasonably well last time out but hung like gate and looked very one paced in the final 2 furlong and it didn't look through lack of fitness.

Ian Semple's Great Nicanor, in only his 2nd outing, was travelling every bit as well as the winner turning for home but ended up finishing 5th. He looked much more straight forward than the Nichol's horse plus it looked very much like he was still in need of the run.

If he has improved at all I think Great Nicanor will upset the odds and take this.

Some of Jonjo's very ordinary horses get silly support when people see the green and gold colours and AP on board. There hard to get right because he's dab hand and finding real bad races that make them look better than they are. He looks to have found the perfect race for Rate of Knotts, he's pretty straight forward and is what he is. Which is better than this lot he takes on today. Half of them couldn't raise gallop and the other half are as mederate as they come. He'll be off for his life and looks a good thing to win his first race in over 2 years.

Sorry but you're miles off the mark with accusations like that

Had Daryll stuck a cattleprod up the horses backside he still wouldn't have finished in the places. A short run in he eased down but only after the others landed running and he landed kackered and flat footed. He was clearly not going to finish in the places no matter what.

Correct. I saw a few iffy rides yesterday, but this certainly wasn't one of them. Poor, poor call.

Correct. I saw a few iffy rides yesterday, but this certainly wasn't one of them. Poor, poor call.

Add my name to that list. I cannot see anything wrong with it at all. He gave the horse every chance but it didn't pick up. Once it was apparent that he wasn't going to place he just maintained his position in 4th.

I can't see the problem to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back