What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Global Dream - 1.50 Southwell

A default selection here. Don't see how you can fancy Foot the Bill after a poor run just a few days ago. Has no history of quick reappearances either. The Twisters horse has basically been rubbish over fences, so that leaves The selection. In form, consistent, can't see why the market isn't something like

6/4 global dream
7/2 Abigail lynch
5/1 foot the bill

That makes global dream a bet at the current 11/4.

Only doubts are the trip, plus the money for Abigail Lynch.

Top Gamble filled the Cheltenham piggy bank when hosing up at Newbury in a race with question marks around the other contenders and the Fairyhouse 3:55 is similar in that it contains horses who have largely been out of sorts in recent times and conditions look perfect for Kerry Lee to extend her good Easter there.

The fact that Richard Johnson - who has two wide margin successes from two rides on him - flies all the way to Ireland for just one ride is also hugely interesting. 6/5 won't make you rich but it's difficult to see him being beaten.

2.10 Toymaker

Ran too hard last time and comes out the best horse in that race after pace mark up..today faces little on pace pressure and can take this.

win+place..6.6 taken

4.30 Fairyhouse. Stowaway Shark

First noted this one in a fast race on 3 feb behind steamboat Bill...billy billy beaten 30 lengths ..came out of that race and won by 20 odd len against 120 types...then SS got beat by Jett..i thought it disappointed a bit there and then came out and ran a similar figure..about a 135 level...when beating Gran Cavello..another fast race...that one would have won yesterday imo if hadn't fell. Today a chance to exploit what is hopefully a generous mark of 117..so has a fair bit in hand here imo.

Obviously this is a step up against some tough sorts but looks very well in here and longer trip should suit.

A bit more specualtive than the Toymaker pick but had a win bet at 15.0...and small double with Toymaker

Last edited:
Top Gamble filled the Cheltenham piggy bank when hosing up at Newbury in a race with question marks around the other contenders and the Fairyhouse 3:55 is similar in that it contains horses who have largely been out of sorts in recent times and conditions look perfect for Kerry Lee to extend her good Easter there.

The fact that Richard Johnson - who has two wide margin successes from two rides on him - flies all the way to Ireland for just one ride is also hugely interesting. 6/5 won't make you rich but it's difficult to see him being beaten.

I've backed this one too. Can't fancy any of the others. If it was trained by Mullins it'd be 2/5

Global Dream - 1.50 Southwell

A default selection here. Don't see how you can fancy Foot the Bill after a poor run just a few days ago. Has no history of quick reappearances either. The Twisters horse has basically been rubbish over fences, so that leaves The selection. In form, consistent, can't see why the market isn't something like

6/4 global dream
7/2 Abigail lynch
5/1 foot the bill

That makes global dream a bet at the current 11/4.

Only doubts are the trip, plus the money for Abigail Lynch.

Confidence increased as I notice that Abigail Lynch has been put up as "Birchy's Banker" on the racing post. The man couldn't pick his nose.

Great shout Benny.

top bombing as always EC1. Did singles on both. Wish had have invested in the double too.

Last edited:
That's great work EC and Benny
Grey Destiny looks one for the notebook- pulled the jockeys arms out all the way and went wide off the bend and still managed to fly home for 3rd.

Last edited:
as soon as it took the lead i knew off that pace couldn't lose in the straight/...with the split it did last time off too strong a pace...last run showed was ready for winning..happy days.

He's shown excellent form on both types of going though Luke, posting arguably his best effort on a soft surface LTO and being by Presenting you'd expect him to appreciate a quicker surface too - as it was when he won well at Ayr during the backend of last season.

If he gets beat today it'll be because he simply wasn't good enough and not the ground IMO.

Last edited:
not much in it..Newbury 48 lpm slow..fairyhouse today 41 lpm slow

not a bet for me at the prices..but the ground wouldn't swing it imo..its too similar

I'd want a bigger price than 11/2 about Sizing Granite. Clearly the early mistake cost in the QM but earlier runs this season weren't exactly convincing IMO
We'll soon find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not much in it..Newbury 48 lpm slow..fairyhouse today 41 lpm slow

not a bet for me at the prices..but the ground wouldn't swing it imo..its too similar

I'm amazed by that -to my untrained eye it was bottomless at Newbury and drying out nicely today.

I'd want a bigger price than 11/2 about Sizing Granite. Clearly the early mistake cost in the QM but earlier runs this season weren't exactly convincing IMO
We'll soon find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it intrigues me that he was taken from HdB less than 9 months after winning a Grade 1.To me he is a horse with physical problems and his jumping today certainly didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back