What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
6.15 i can't stop

worth a shot against the odds on fav here..sire has a shocking FTO record so plenty of improvement to come up against a hoss that hasn't had a run for a good while and is drawn a lot wider

6.2 taken

6.15 i can't stop

worth a shot against the odds on fav here..sire has a shocking FTO record so plenty of improvement to come up against a hoss that hasn't had a run for a good while and is drawn a lot wider

6.2 taken

I've had a go - good luck mate.

Been told that 7.15 Wolf Of Windlesham will win tonight - from the same guy who gave me the last will win one that got beaten last stride and traded 1.02 :blink:

just got ..your pal tal ..in the 6.30...to run ..as noted on gigilos thread..gets class drop tonight...got 11.0 matched overnight on BFair..hopefully can land it..will have a look at WOW Chef

the 6.15 race made me laugh..half an hour in stalls then slow away...finishes like a rocket.will win next time

Last edited:
just got ..your pal tal ..in the 6.30...to run ..as noted on gigilos thread..gets class drop tonight...got 11.0 matched overnight on BFair..hopefully can land it..will have a look at WOW Chef

the 6.15 race made me laugh..half an hour in stalls then slow away...finishes like a rocket.will win next time

****, mental note to back this one and clean forgot!

Yeah I like the Wolf, hopefully he runs well.
I'm 2/3 on my lucky 15 today I see, last one is Wither Hills 7:00 Dundalk. I'm not saying other people should back it, just documenting it will be a good day for me were it to win! :)

That one I mentioned previously on the thread, Bishop Wulstan doesn't run tomorrow. Cloonacool does though...I want him to show what he's made of at Ludlow.

Last edited:

Missed that one - Well done!! gigolo strikes again

Yeah I like the Wolf, hopefully he runs well.
I'm 2/3 on my lucky 15 today I see, last one is Wither Hills 7:00 Dundalk. I'm not saying other people should back it, just documenting it will be a good day for me were it to win! :)

That one I mentioned previously on the thread, Bishop Wulstan doesn't run tomorrow. Cloonacool does though...I want him to show what he's made of at Ludlow.

Cloonacool same trainer as Wolf Of Windlesham - have had a fun win double - good luck with Wither Hills.

i've had a look at Wolf Of W...Chef..not going to have a go at the price,,its one of those races where one of the low strike raters might pop up..Jezza and thimaar are on dangerous marks etc..good luck with it

feet up time..watch a House epsisode

Wolf Of Windlesham will be interesting when ( or if?) pitched into a handicap hurdle. They could put him away now for next season or maybe find something in the next few weeks. He's won well tonight.

Good luck with the double you have, Swedish.

Last edited:
Wolf Of Windlesham will be interesting when ( or if?) pitched into a handicap hurdle. They could put him away now for next season or maybe find something in the next few weeks. He's won well tonight.

Good luck with the double you have, Swedish.

Cheers Marble but the double was a fun bet - the single on WOW last night was the one that had me nervous and that would have been considered a pocket change bet to Slim :lol:

A dreadful day with the gg's for me today! However I'm hopeful Oak Vintage will put in a big run at double figure prices on Sunday.

4:10 Sedgefield
Trainer Ann Hamilton had a good winner last week at Newcastle, its fair to say her runners are in form.
The key for Oak Vintage is not the last race but the one before at Carlisle.
A couple have come out of that race and won since.
The second horse Howaboutnever from Ian Williams yard won a nice 12K pot at Newbury next time out..
The fourth horse Too Many Chiefs won its maiden hurdle by 7 lengths nto.
So Oak Vintage might be on a handy mark of 112.
If he builds on his last run over course and distance 16/1 is a big price in the win and each way market.

Last edited:
Jer's Girl - fairyhouse 3.05

Finished upsides Ivanovich Gorbatev last time. No way would I take that form literally but the fact she's been mixing it with those boys surely entitles her to be favourite in this.

Trainer Kenneth Slack has a pretty good record at Sedgefield, and has 4 runners there today, Runswick Relax in the 2,25, My Friend George 3.35, Cumbrian Farmer 4.45, and Azure Glamour in the 5.20. He has a 42% overall strike rate here, 35% in hurdles, and 57% in chases. Might not be the most exciting 4 horses to pick as they are all favourite, but I've done a yankee and small acca on them all.

Jer's Girl - fairyhouse 3.05

Finished upsides Ivanovich Gorbatev last time. No way would I take that form literally but the fact she's been mixing it with those boys surely entitles her to be favourite in this.
Trip a slight worry but I have to think the Juvenile form is better than the general mares conditions form this season. There's also the WFA here. Now, I don't usually take this into account when assessing a race as it's an allowance that brings horses of different ages together. However sometimes its just too generous, like I always favour 3yos in the Sussex Stakes as that allowance is excessive - same here, nearly a frigging stone!

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

Will be a long wait for the horse that's caught my eye today the 6.05 at Wolverhampton!
Quite suprised to see that The Happy Hammer is one of the outsiders here considering its only 2lbs higher than its last win 2 outings ago at Chelmsford over this trip. 6 of his 9 AW wins have come over 7fs having won at Chelmsford, Lingfield, Kempton and on the poly surface at Wolverhampton. Has only ran once on the tapeta surface, this time last year when btn by 3/4 length by todays opponent Black Truffle, actually gave that horse 13lbs then, actually race off level weights today.
Lulu Stanford is well worth her claim and horse looks overpriced at 12/1. Horse never wins by far i think a Neck is its longest ever winning distance so perhaps an EW bet is the way to go here.
Looks like Colour My World is going to try and make all but may not be able to get away from them over this 7f trip, think the danger is the class dropping Fav Diatonic but has yet to prove he gets a fast run 7fs.

Good luck Benny and Euro but, in my admittedly biased view, the Taunton Myska/Jessber's Dream form is the best on offer. Of the 5 horses that Myska beat, 3 have won since and the other one to run has come second. Jer's Girl is probably better assessed on her position relative to Let's Dance rather than Ivan Gorbatov.
The 4yos get an extra couple of pounds because the race is in March this year but a 4yo has only won once in 21 runnings which suggests that the wfa isn't far out. 2m4f is far enough for a juvenile and her pedigree doesn't scream stamina in a race where Jessber's Dream is likely to make it a test. As there's more hope than expectation behind the Mullins horses, I'd say the prices are about right.

I've put up Acapella Bourgeois on the summer comp thread (Fairyhouse 3.40) and also like Tour des Champs in the Sussex Nash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck Benny and Euro but, in my admittedly biased view, the Taunton Myska/Jessber's Dream form is the best on offer. Of the 5 horses that Myska beat, 3 have won since and the other one to run has come second. Jer's Girl is probably better assessed on her position relative to Let's Dance rather than Ivan Gorbatov.
The 4yos get an extra couple of pounds because the race is in March this year but a 4yo has only won once in 21 runnings which suggests that the wfa isn't far out.

Two things, the wins enjoyed by the vanquished in that Myska/JD race, these were all in really bad races.
Also, the poor record of 4yos in this race - what kind of quality were those fillies, did they have form that stacks up with the best horses in the Triumph Hurdle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back