What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Gamble filled the Cheltenham piggy bank when hosing up at Newbury in a race with question marks around the other contenders and the Fairyhouse 3:55 is similar in that it contains horses who have largely been out of sorts in recent times and conditions look perfect for Kerry Lee to extend her good Easter there.

The fact that Richard Johnson - who has two wide margin successes from two rides on him - flies all the way to Ireland for just one ride is also hugely interesting. 6/5 won't make you rich but it's difficult to see him being beaten.

well done L...ran big at Newbury..didn't back it

but but hope you made a few bob

Last edited:
In fairness to Top Gamble he had every chance to throw it away today -battled on gamely.The Lee's must have a great record in Irish non handicaps.

Cheers EC. Had a very quiet betting weekend but this recovered losses from Hallick on Good Friday so a nice start to the new week.

I'm amazed by that -to my untrained eye it was bottomless at Newbury and drying out nicely today.

its what i tend to call the irish v english course effect..yesterday it was -47 at Fairyhouse which is as slow as Newbury was..a touch quicker today based on first race...-41 slow

i've tried to judge it by eye but i can't do it.

What i notice mainly is that here they call ground soft that in Ireland they call yielding..-48 here is deemed pretty bad whereas its yielding in Ireland

Last edited:
I like three today:

Pirate's Treasure - 4.30 Southwell

Put up a big figure on the track on penultimate run and still well handicapped. On Gigilo's list.

Shoofly Milly - 4.10 Exeter

In form, likes the mud, should be fav.

Allchilledout - 4.45 Exeter

Wind op seems to have worked wonders and can follow up.

Single on the first one and a trixie for me.

Any gold on the sand today EC?

Pirate's Treasure - 4.30 Southwell

Put up a big figure on the track on penultimate run and still well handicapped. On Gigilo's list.

Good luck, Benny.
Was entered over 9.5f on Friday, but could scrape this without doing too much damage to his mark. Hard to see where the pace is coming from though.

Thanks EC. Trixie selections let me down (given the way they drifted a decent profit could have been made with an ew multi actually), but the main bet won well. Fingers crossed with yours

I missed most of this myself but very well done guys, really great work. Keep it up, one day i'll see a winning bet in time and actually back it! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back