What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one I like at Warwick - Clayton in the 3.00.

Fancied for the Imperial Cup last time, travelled really well before fading. Much easier task today and 4/1 looks tidy.

I'm opposing Clayton with Instant Karma. The manner of his win last time suggests he may be well able to cope with the 12lb rise especially with the capable Jack Sherwood taking 5 off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bettor myself but notice there's a horse called Champagne Rules running in the last at Pontefract tomorrow which two years ago, virtually to the day, won at 100-1 at Pontefract in a Class 4 after a gap of ten months off course. Running for first time in 20 months tomorrow in a Class 5.

2.50 Ludlow
Chicoria looks interesting at 16/1. The step up to 3m may be what's needed for this fella and with Dickie on board I'm happy to take a chance at the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ponte 2.00 Cornborough 6/1 e/way - I belong to the syndicate and he is said to be working very well at home and will handle the ground. Although trainers are conditioned to tell their owners this, I do get the feeling they are very hopeful today.

Ilzam (4.15) was 12/1 when beating a deep field of in-form horses easier than the margins indicate, while North Creek was 11/8 to beat a modest bunch (though did it convincingly).
Much less of a contest than the betting suggests, imo.

Last edited:
Lydiate Lady from my local stable is fit and fancied for the last at Catterick. Incidentally, I`m about 4 miles from Aintree and we`ve had a fair bit of rain overnight and early this morning. In the last couple of hours, though, it`s been bright and windy and dry and that looks to be the forecast for the rest of the day. Can`t see much change in the official forecast going for the rest of the week.

Armelle (Catterick 4.35) - The ground and trip will be ideal and she generally runs well fresh. She has performed well around here before and could just be a touch of e/w value.
Motdaw (Nottingham 4.55) - She likes to get her toe in and the step up in trip should suit. Should be able to get very competitive.

Are we congratulating the 15/8 winner but not the 9/2 winner? I see, like that is it? ;)

In the 4:40 at Aintree PEARL'S LEGEND looks like he'll give me a good run for my money. The horse was third last season in this race and looks genuine having never been out the first five in 15 starts. Good each way value, imo.

Tough day over the twigs today
Apache Storm (5.25 Leicester) should relish the ground after a good second to Mobsta at the end of last season on soft and should be fit after a busy winter on the sand.

Trainer Kenneth Slack has a pretty good record at Sedgefield, and has 4 runners there today, Runswick Relax in the 2,25, My Friend George 3.35, Cumbrian Farmer 4.45, and Azure Glamour in the 5.20. He has a 42% overall strike rate here, 35% in hurdles, and 57% in chases. Might not be the most exciting 4 horses to pick as they are all favourite, but I've done a yankee and small acca on them all.

One runner at Sedgefield today, Discoverie 3.55 around 7/4

Calculated Risk hacked up by 11 lengths today.
I've looked at the form of the horses to have finished close to him recently, with a view to backing them next time out. Bishop Wulstan was 10 lengths behind Calculated Risk last month, but now that Calculated risk will go up to the mid-120's, Bishop appears a potential winner-in-waiting off a current rating of 101.
Goes tomorrow in the 4:15 at Ffos Las. Pobbles Bay looks the big danger, so a reverse forecast might pay dividends.

Last edited:
Yes, good shout Col.

I've got an ew double and two ew singles running at Aintree. Coologue in the next and Dell Arca in the last. Fortunately I backed them last night as both prices have shortened considerably.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back