What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck, Lee, I cannot bring myself to back. I havn't nailed a Mick Channon winner since Queens Logic! :)

Stars Over the Sea in the first at Goodwood.

I was at Newbury last weekend when he won and I thought he was really impressive. If he sets off in front today he could be hard to pass, and as mentioned above the trainer's record at the meeting is hardly a negative.

Thought we had that won Benny B with 2 or 3 to go. Seemed to be cruising, perhaps just too soon after last weekend and didn't have the legs. Certainly travelled well.

Elidor e/w at 20/1 in the 3:45 at Goodwood.

Ran well in this last year after a poor York performance and while he put in a similar performance there recently he wouldn't be the first horse to not act there.

He's a keen goer and needs things to go right but he's likely to get the pace he requires today and as one who likes to sit in behind the leaders he should get positioned well enough from his decent draw and his stamina is assured unlike some of those near th e head of the market.
An awesome exhibition in tipping this was. Well done

Dawn Mirage at Beverley today

Few likely types in this race today but this horse has won off 81 on good to firm at this distance and runs today off 76. First time since switch to Fahey that gets firm ground and was given a half decent ride over 10f last time out before fading as clearly distance too much and ground not firm enough. 1.5 pts each way.

Backing some Johnson runners at Goodwood today and also fancy the chances of Birchwood, Boynton and Hey Chewed. Small each way multiples.

When I put Dawn Mirage up it was at 4s rather than 2s - wouldnt put each way up on a price that short. Just looked a definite with that distance and ground in favour!

Elidor e/w at 20/1 in the 3:45 at Goodwood.

Ran well in this last year after a poor York performance and while he put in a similar performance there recently he wouldn't be the first horse to not act there.

He's a keen goer and needs things to go right but he's likely to get the pace he requires today and as one who likes to sit in behind the leaders he should get positioned well enough from his decent draw and his stamina is assured unlike some of those near th e head of the market.

Massive shout, Well done.

A mention for a horse in the first race at Leicester in the amateur riders handicap tomorrow, the 5:40... CAESER THE GAESER..... won its first handicap start at Carlisle last year on good to firm going. Has since slipped down in the handicap after poor runs when being held up. Cheek pieces were applied last time and this brought about a better run. He faded in the final furlong over a mile after being on the pace which was a complete change to prior runs, so the trainer sensibly drops him to seven furlongs here, with a drop down to class 6 level too, running on a nice low mark of 52. He is a left field bet, (no idea what odds will be available yet), so I wouldn't put anyone off an each way. I expect him to finish nearer first than last.
Redcar 5:15..4/1 early price.

Doctor Sardonicus at Yarmouth worth doing. Nice break since the last disappointment.
Good to see this horse get its neck n front today, now back on track, and has a bright future imo.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, that made for a nice day.

Great shout with Doctor Sardonicus Martin, at a nice price too and best of luck with Caeser The Gaeser.

Cracking picks, Lee and Marb.

Around this sharp track on fast ground, I reckon Awtaad might just have too much speed for the Sussex principals, and looks a safe e.w. bet at this morning's 7/1.

Last edited:
2.00 Goodwood-Poyle Thomas

Each Way @ 9-1 [Bet 365] 5 places BOG

Stable had a winner here yesteday

Good tipping Wilson.

Channon loves a Goodwood winner himself and is usually quite effective when targeting the smaller meets. He's having a decent year.

Have had an each-way dash on The Tullow Tank (25/1 in places) in the Galway Plate.

A mark of 153 doesn't exactly look lenient, but his last chase outing behind Gilgamboa had a fair degree of promise, and I'm hoping the extra 2f today, will give him what he needs (has always looked a bit of an inbetweener, when it comes to trip). Had a pipe-opener over hurdles earlier this month, and should be straight enough to do himself justice today.

I'm sticking with RTR in the plate. Have followed him over the cliff all year so won't be stopping now.

Also going to back Shogun in the next at Goodwood (2.35). Its a drop in class and the ground should be much more to his liking this time, assuming that's part of the reason he didn't perform in the English/Irish Derby.

Now the rain has come I'm backing Lady in Question at Goodwood.

Can't remember why exactly but I remember thinking if it rains I'm backing it - haven't got time to look up all the reasons why again!

Bentelimar 20/1 each way 5 places to finally get his dues in the Galway Hurdle. First time in a while where he actually has a chance at the weights. Been targeted at this, ground suits and a consistent performer. Solid EW bet .

Friday

2.10 Bangor-One For Hocky

Each Way @ 6-1 [Bet 365] BOG

Nicky Richards don't have many runners here, but when he does send one or two down they win often enough to warrant an interest in this top weight

Take Cover should run a big race today. Ground, trip and draw ideal and 12/1 looks excellent e/w value.

Friday

2.10 Bangor-One For Hocky

Each Way @ 6-1 [Bet 365] BOG

Nicky Richards don't have many runners here, but when he does send one or two down they win often enough to warrant an interest in this top weight

Backed into favourite...unplaced!

Been waiting for third time lucky to come out after the last run at York. Hanagan got blocked every time he tried to pull out from behind the front runners and was still running despite him having given up. Each way at 16s in 1510 taken.

Top tipping Ricko. I backed Eastern Angel and thought she was a bit unlucky but no denying the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back