What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.00 Catterick-Coverham @ 8-1 [Bet 365]...each way
7.35 Sandown-Haley Bop @ 11-2 [Betway]...each way
8.50 Leicester-Possible Future @ 9-2 [Paddy Power]...win

Barnie's Boy (6.30) has always been a headstrong horse, but proved a different animal on his re-introduction (may have been gelded in the interim?). Has a pronounced fast ground action, so wouldn't have been suited by Sandown's soft surface. and today's quick ground and step up in trip ought to see him justify some strong support in the market.

Last edited:
A mention for a horse in the first race at Leicester in the amateur riders handicap tomorrow, the 5:40... CAESER THE GAESER..... won its first handicap start at Carlisle last year on good to firm going. Has since slipped down in the handicap after poor runs when being held up. Cheek pieces were applied last time and this brought about a better run. He faded in the final furlong over a mile after being on the pace which was a complete change to prior runs, so the trainer sensibly drops him to seven furlongs here, with a drop down to class 6 level too, running on a nice low mark of 52. He is a left field bet, (no idea what odds will be available yet), so I wouldn't put anyone off an each way. I expect him to finish nearer first than last.
20's into 10's, hoping for the best in half hour.

Didn't go fully to plan, Col. Expected it to be on the pace like last time, held up today. Gone in the tracker list nevertheless, could win in this grade next time out.

Last edited:
A mention for a horse in the first race at Leicester in the amateur riders handicap tomorrow, the 5:40... CAESER THE GAESER..... won its first handicap start at Carlisle last year on good to firm going. Has since slipped down in the handicap after poor runs when being held up. Cheek pieces were applied last time and this brought about a better run. He faded in the final furlong over a mile after being on the pace which was a complete change to prior runs, so the trainer sensibly drops him to seven furlongs here, with a drop down to class 6 level too, running on a nice low mark of 52. He is a left field bet, (no idea what odds will be available yet), so I wouldn't put anyone off an each way. I expect him to finish nearer first than last.
Holds an entry at Redcar this Wednesday. Class 6 level....he won't be 20/1 again.

Top Of The Glas (3.20 Carlisle) will welcome the rain and has been running consistently in better races.

baraboy looks bet of the day in the 3.00

and double and singled with sennokian star in the 3.15..sorry Fonz gone against yours..apologies..but SS looks hard to beat in that

Last edited:
Yeah well done Fonz.

I've been studying Tuesday at Goodwood today, important week as a punter this is. If I end the week with no winners and am down down down I'm struggling to say there'll be some jockey or result to blame.

I'm really hoping this Cesear The Geaser gets declared for Redcar on Wednesday in class 6 company. He's the best bet for Redcar on a Wednesday I've seen in ages.

Last edited:
Cheers guys

Pace to aim at and the stiff finish will suit Explain (4.35 Ponte) down to the ground.

Last edited:
Doctor Parkes-6.40 Wolver. 9/1

Think this old horse has a decent chance tonight, has had just 3 runs on the tapeta surface at Wolver but he does seem to have got better as he's got older over 6fs rather than 5fs. His last run here was a decent 6th in a C4 behind Rich Again btn just 3 3/4 lengths, didn't seem to be overly hard ridden that day but still only a couple of lengths behind Available(won sat). Previously at Kempton btn just over a length in 7th behind tonights fav Eljaddaaf, there is a 12lbs turnaround in the weights with that horse tonight taking into account the apprentice allowances, also has a 6lbs pull with Desert Strike for a nose. Pandar is 10lbs higher than his last win on turf and is 0-5 on the AW. City of Angkor Wat was behind the selection at Windsor but has run 2 good races since and has a chance. Piazon has his 1st run for J Butler after being out of form for K Ryan, will pass over that one. Doctor Parkes has a plum draw in 1 and i don't think he'll be far away. Think when most folk look at the weight pull with the fav he'll probably shorten up but looks like connections are letting his price drift at the moment. Generally 9/1 with WH a standout 12/1.

Thanks Marble, hope you feel the same after the race!:)
I started having problems with firefox so have gone onto chrome, unfortunately can't for the life of me think what my password was for this forum, but do have it saved on firefox, even though i don't know what it is, so had to come back to firefox for an occassional post!:lol:

Thanks Marble, hope you feel the same after the race!:)
I started having problems with firefox so have gone onto chrome, unfortunately can't for the life of me think what my password was for this forum, but do have it saved on firefox, even though i don't know what it is, so had to come back to firefox for an occassional post!:lol:

You can import your saved passwords into chrome

1. Close any other browsers that are open.
  2. Open Google Chrome.
  3. Click the Chrome menu
    CA8FF18D7E3B5E55E694D8BF1794FB0FB0AE
    on the browser toolbar.
  4. Select Bookmarks.
  5. Click Import bookmark and settings.
  6. In the "Import bookmarks and settings" dialogue that appears, select the application that contains the settings you'd like to import.
  7. Click Import.

or you can use the forgot password link, or if you email me I'll change your password to anything you want if it helps :)

You can import your saved passwords into chrome

1. Close any other browsers that are open.
  2. Open Google Chrome.
  3. Click the Chrome menu
    CA8FF18D7E3B5E55E694D8BF1794FB0FB0AE
    on the browser toolbar.
  4. Select Bookmarks.
  5. Click Import bookmark and settings.
  6. In the "Import bookmarks and settings" dialogue that appears, select the application that contains the settings you'd like to import.
  7. Click Import.

or you can use the forgot password link, or if you email me I'll change your password to anything you want if it helps :)

Thank you, i'll give it a go later, very helpful.

Doctor Parkes-6.40 Wolver. 9/1

Think this old horse has a decent chance tonight, has had just 3 runs on the tapeta surface at Wolver but he does seem to have got better as he's got older over 6fs rather than 5fs. His last run here was a decent 6th in a C4 behind Rich Again btn just 3 3/4 lengths, didn't seem to be overly hard ridden that day but still only a couple of lengths behind Available(won sat). Previously at Kempton btn just over a length in 7th behind tonights fav Eljaddaaf, there is a 12lbs turnaround in the weights with that horse tonight taking into account the apprentice allowances, also has a 6lbs pull with Desert Strike for a nose. Pandar is 10lbs higher than his last win on turf and is 0-5 on the AW. City of Angkor Wat was behind the selection at Windsor but has run 2 good races since and has a chance. Piazon has his 1st run for J Butler after being out of form for K Ryan, will pass over that one. Doctor Parkes has a plum draw in 1 and i don't think he'll be far away. Think when most folk look at the weight pull with the fav he'll probably shorten up but looks like connections are letting his price drift at the moment. Generally 9/1 with WH a standout 12/1.

Got no run at all and had to come wide up the straight, after being drawn inside, didn't like the late drift but hopefully be another day, should have been right behind the fav at least.

Doctor Sardonicus at Yarmouth worth doing. Nice break since the last disappointment.

Last edited:
Dawn Mirage at Beverley today

Few likely types in this race today but this horse has won off 81 on good to firm at this distance and runs today off 76. First time since switch to Fahey that gets firm ground and was given a half decent ride over 10f last time out before fading as clearly distance too much and ground not firm enough. 1.5 pts each way.

Backing some Johnson runners at Goodwood today and also fancy the chances of Birchwood, Boynton and Hey Chewed. Small each way multiples.

Elidor e/w at 20/1 in the 3:45 at Goodwood.

Ran well in this last year after a poor York performance and while he put in a similar performance there recently he wouldn't be the first horse to not act there.

He's a keen goer and needs things to go right but he's likely to get the pace he requires today and as one who likes to sit in behind the leaders he should get positioned well enough from his decent draw and his stamina is assured unlike some of those near th e head of the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back