What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers guys. I probably shouldn't push my luck but I did Brorocco (7.00) in a double with Take Cover this morning and I know connections fancy him to go well so might be worth playing up a few quid.

Yeah nice one Ricko. Good to see someone back a winner other than a favourite as well.

I like Dinkum Diamond in the Stewards. A good handicapper from a yard who historically know sprinters well, he's 5 pound better off with Toofi on last years renewal, where he wasn't actually that far behind in fourth place. With a bit of luck Dinkum Diamond could go well.

Last edited:
Cheers guys. I probably shouldn't push my luck but I did Brorocco (7.00) in a double with Take Cover this morning and I know connections fancy him to go well so might be worth playing up a few quid.

Double landed! Well done. )

Lovely double Ricko 13/2 and 12/1 don't expect that will be bettered for a while, 2 great shouts, that Take Cover has loads of early speed doesn't it, won the race twice now.

Outstanding Rick take a bow :cool:

Thanks a lot guys. I got 12/1 and 8/1 so 116/1 for the double...certainly don't back many of those :)

I am thinking out aloud but i see Bathos drops in class tomorrow in the last at Goodwood. One of my trackers Duke Of Diamonds runs at Newmarket off bottom weight. He is interesting.

Saturday

3.00 Thirsk-Correggio

Each Way @ 11-2 [Coral] BOG

Trainer had 3 seconds today, and this horse was 2nd over CD in his last race

Beardwood (4.10 Thirsk)
Has been a frustrating animal to follow but finally gets the step up to a mile he's been crying out for here.

9/4 short enough but Strath Burn looks a good thing at Donny on debut for Robert Cowell.

Last edited:
4.05 Market Rasen-Breaking The Bank

Each Way @ 9-1 [Betfred] BOG

Like the jockey booking of Richard Johnson

Caeser The Gaeser upped to 7F at the galloping track Newcastle (8:05) which I think might suit him. Looks interesting.

Last edited:
7.40 Wolverhampton-Major Muscari

Each Way @ 12-1 [Bet 365] BOG

Will be held up, but decent chance if getting a clear passage

Yeah and you Ricko. Has a very short priced favourite to beat, but I'll be disappointed if we do not get a big run.

Last edited:
Yeah and you Ricko. Has a very short priced favourite to beat, but I'll be disappointed if we do not get a big run.

Well that didn't go to plan. Steve Rogers should pay the way today (Musselburgh 4.00)...9/4.

The 4:15 at Haydock on Saturday looks an interesting race. Ode To Evening runs after going down a head at Glorious Goodwood while Gershwin is a red hot favourite, but looks too short based on what he's actually done so far? Abdon has started short odds the last twice, both times were against Eclipse winner Hawkbill. His second placing to Hawkbill in a listed event at Newmarket in April is what might look attractive. Gurkha Friend won at Pontefract last time so steps up in grade and will need to keep improving, while the top weight Awake My Soul has ran well the last twice, but is worse off at the weights with Ode To Evening and Abdon.

However, the William Jarvis trained DEMONSTRATION (Each Way) is the outsider I want to take against the field at the bottom of the handicap. The gelding was a length behind in second to future John Smith's Cup winner Tawdeea earlier in the season at Newcastle, (Tawdeea now rated 102).

Demonstration then won here at Haydock over Course and Distance. With a mark of 82 I think he could go well from the front, certainly on a line through Tawdeea he is very well handicapped if he can bounce back from a disappointing effort at Yarmouth.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I have just clocked how badly Demonstration is at the weights the others...I am not sure what the conditions for this race are..but I have to take back some of what I said. Would take a monumentally good performance to get in the shake up. Needs to be a stone ahead of his mark to figure here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back