What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Litigant for me. 4/6 on turf and won the Ebor after a long absence. The horse clearly isn't over raced but has ample ability. Hoping for a big run.

thanks Ricko..have dutched Sheikhzayedroad + Quest for More in the 1.25 to kick the day off

have shoved a yankee on these

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: legRow"]
[TD="class: legNumber"]1
[/TD]
[TD="class: marketName betDetail"] Catterick 15th Oct - 13:45 Backing: Vaulted @ SP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: legRow"]
[TD="class: legNumber"]2
[/TD]
[TD="class: marketName betDetail"] Catterick 15th Oct - 14:20 Backing: Starlight Romance @ SP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: legNumber"]3[/TD]
[TD="class: marketName betDetail"] Ascot 15th Oct - 14:35 Backing: Journey @ SP [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: legNumber"]4[/TD]
[TD="class: marketName betDetail"] Catterick 15th Oct - 14:55 Backing: English Summer @ SP
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

WOW, You really ARE in form...

My bets [1pt win on each]

3.50 Newcastle-Replenish @ 6-1 [Paddy Power]
5.30 Newcastle-Sir Domino @ 11-2 [Betway]

Dual bend alignment at Kempton Park today for the CHASES increases yardage for those races.

2m 2f add 47.5yds

3m add 60yds

Think i've found an interesting runner at Naas today in the last race in Lightning Bullet from Jim Bolgers yard.
A 3 yo only made his debut in August in a maiden at Leopardstown but leading all the way from experienced horses ran out a comfortable winner. A couple of horses behind in 4th and 5th have come out and won since and the 2nd Ex Patriot had previously ran 2nd to Bolgers Twilight Payment now rated 108, with Nonetheless won a maiden nto in 3rd. Fair to say the form is pretty mixed since but what really draws me to this horse is the fact that Bolger is prepared to run this horse in this competative 30k h'cap off 94 when presumably could have found much easier targets. Also the breeding by New Approach out of a mare by Pivotal(soft) who herself won on her debut beating subsequent irish derby winner Soldier of Fortune leading all the way.
Currently all pink with the bookies trading between 6/1 and 8/1 which doesn't suggest much confidence but at 12/1 or so on betfair looks much more of a trading opportunity. The one for money is the fav Master Ring who won at Limerick on his 1st outing since coming over from france, beat Bolgers Burning Sound 4 lengths with Eavesdrop just behind. That horse had finished a similar distance behind Nonetheless at Galway so i'm pretty sure that one way or another Bolger must have an idea of where Lightning Bullet stands in his yard with his other middle distance h'cappers. Worth an EW bet on Betfair i think with potentially the chance to trade out IR.

Great results EC1 Just been reading - well done!!

I'm having a go on the 2.30 Kempton and hoping the form of Next Sensation's last race is the best on offer and there wont be much between Next Sensation, Miss Tenacious & Walden Prince - combo f/c & tricast.

Jamie Spencer travels to Newcastle today, seemingly to ride Bermondsey in the feature. He's 4 from 9 at the new track currently, and Luca 1 from 2.

Was just looking at that race EC, my conclusion was to back Nicholls' horse.

Totally off topic but I know you'll like this - I'm going to see Bad Company tomorrow night.

i looked that that tour Benny some while ago..enjoy. there was an interview a couple of nights ago on radio sheff with Paul Rodgers..nice chap. I last saw him in the mid..might have been early.. OO's at Nottingham..superb. Should be a good night for you there.

I can brag i saw him in his pomp with Free:D..wish those days could come again

Last edited:
I did - at 11/4. Wish I had a time machine and could go and see Free. Looking forward to tomorrow though. Paid up for the good seats - we're in the third row.

i can honestly say his voice in the 00's was probably better than when he was a young man..you in for a treat i think..nice one..let me know how you went on

got to lay cowards close n in the 3.35..trading at 3.5..form Aug to Dec form line =6734PP

might win but is no way value with that form line

Last edited:
Good luck with Rayvin, I put him up one day at Sandown, I remember, one of my better moments.

Just a week left of British flat action now. I see Zzoro, the horse who nearly won a couple weeks back at a big price has entries later in the week. Hopefully cut in the ground arrives for him.

The only bet for me is HOTFILL in the 4:55 at Haydock. Could be anything this one. Ran 2nd at 50/1 in a maiden at Newcastle, where the 3rd and 4th horses who finished in close proximity behind him have both won since, making Hotfill look quite well handicapped off 70. At 14/1 I'll take my chance.
I stil think this s on a decent mark, has an entry at Newmaret on Wednesday. See if he's declared and what else turns up. Gibbons gave him a poor ride the last day, came out the stalls 3 lengths behind everything else, then cut to the inner losing more lengths, then a horse took a bad stride to the side of him and instead of just keeping him straight and going forward Gibbons yanked him up. Hopefully we'll see what he can do on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back