What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.35 Warwick-Colin's Sister @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
1.55 Chepstow-Lord Ballim @ 6-1 [Bet 365]

some people are flashy..some are not..in between some are consistent..and sometimes that category falls under the radar..but when it comes to what the game is really all about long term profit wise..consistent is KING at this game

well done PB..King consistent..huge respect

Last edited:
lots of views..very few replies..do you viewers just check to make sure they lose?...some of you look regular...i check the listings..i know the names....but never once add a comment...why?..is it too much like hard work?

i'd start appreciating what goes into this thread..not many like it on the net..start appreciating the effort;;.or lose the content is my message

no one owes anyone fook all in this game..when it comes for free..i'd start appreciating it if you have owt about you..then again if you ain't..then fook you

Last edited:
a couple watching this thread ..but can't be arsed to appreciate..Bigeeps..TrudiJ..TrudiJ looks in regular but cannot be arsed to ever offer a thanks

wtf is up with you people?..do you think its a given its going to be spoon fed you each day?

wtf?

you fall over yoursleves to congratulate owners on here..but cannot be arsed to ever give a comment to folk that put up hard worked selections..you aren't only two..but things need to change here...start appreciating what is happening..before its gone

and before you comment Grasshopper..don't bother..keep your beak out for once

Last edited:
Well done Pb and EC1. As Ec says consistency is king and you two aren't half consistent. I on the other hand am inconsistent as hell. I need to do something about that! Glad I finally put up another winner.

you will be fine PTP..if you have the time..it is possible to get that consistency..if you haven't then more important issues are probably at play...life probably

Last edited:
whats up Pernicius..got other threads to read?..you have time to read this thread though....so why not add some encouargement..too much to ask in your busy schedule???

ffs

Last edited:
Cheers bud, yeah, life gets in the way. Work, kids, rugby coaching. It is all a bit of fun to me but I can pick them from time to time. I think the trick is to only back them when you are 100% convinced. A lot of the time I back stuff out of feeling rather than using my head
Albeit a lot of the multiples I put up a small bets. Usually if I put one on with a fair bit of blurb I'm having a decent punt on it because my research says it is worth it.

I'd love to have the time to put the work in like you guys do on the times etc. I always find ot fascinating how gigolo can read how the horse will be bet over the next 18 hours, he is hardly ever wrong!

i suggest Mr pernicious..if you got time to post what you think is a smart reply..and by the way..it isn't...you got time to post appreciation to people who you read everyday

very sad you post to to try and make a point..but can't just post a bit of encouragement

something wrong with that mentality..sorry it upsets you it being pointed out

but here is the thing..no one has to ever post selections..and when no one does..what you going to read then?

Last edited:
Cheers bud, yeah, life gets in the way. Work, kids, rugby coaching. It is all a bit of fun to me but I can pick them from time to time. I think the trick is to only back them when you are 100% convinced. A lot of the time I back stuff out of feeling rather than using my head
Albeit a lot of the multiples I put up a small bets. Usually if I put one on with a fair bit of blurb I'm having a decent punt on it because my research says it is worth it.

I'd love to have the time to put the work in like you guys do on the times etc. I always find ot fascinating how gigolo can read how the horse will be bet over the next 18 hours, he is hardly ever wrong!

work..kids...rugby coaching..is real life PTP..you living the proper stuff there..its only sad fookers that have time to dissect the game that you think are smart..we not really..we just have the time..well..maybe a little bit smart..enjoy your life

...it sounds great to me..

Outlander needs to be backed at 15/8 with PP for the clonmel oil chase tommorow. Will go off at around 5/4.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Outlander needs to be backed at 15/8 with PP for the clonmel oil chase tommorow. Will go off at around 5/4.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more, I was lucky to get some of the 5/2 when it opened this afternoon. Absolute optimal conditions for it tomorrow (assuming the forecast rain arrives) which in turn could scupper the Mullins nag. Monksland I respect but have long regarded as needing 3m plus to show his best.

Morning

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.50 Newcastle-Kananee @ 13-8 [Bet 365]
1.15 Wincanton-Demographic @ 10-3 [William Hill]
1.45 Wincanton-Bon Enfant @ 5-1 [Ladbrokes]
2.15 Wincanton-Jackthejourneyman @ 10-3 [Race Bets]
2.35 Market Rasen-Walking In The Air @ 2-1 [Bet 365]
2.50 Wincanton-Sirabad @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]
3.10 Market Rasen-Amiral Collonges @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
3.35 Newcastle-Napoleon Solo @ 13-2 [Bet Bright]
4.10 Newcastle-Faintly @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]

Good morning! Cannot add much of significance to the above conversations unfortunately, but I take the title of this thread "What are you backing Today?" at its full meaning. I just put up a selection that I have backed, or will be backing, myself. I am not qualified to give "tips" as such, but if anyone on here backs something I've posted and it wins (important that!), then that's just great. Again, I must emphasize, the horses I mention are certainly not "tips". A little bit of research is always worthwhile, as my 'gut feeling' efforts (e.g. first-time-out/newcomer horses) are almost always - lousy!

I've been perusing one or two racing forums for a fair old while, and PlaceBacker is as good a contributor as I've ever seen; very well organised too. Respect.

Fight Commander is my strongest hope today (Market Rasen 3:10). This won at Huntington after a four month absence last season and could win today, assuming he goes well fresh. 6/1 is alright.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back