What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wincanton 1.45
On demand ticks plenty of boxes for me with Tizzard in fine form and Cheleda taking 10lb off a bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impassioned 4.40 Chelmsford.

Not rocket science looking at Prescott horses stepped up in trips early in handicap career. well bred as you'd expect from Cheveley Park but Dam produced a good filly that has won at listed level last year.

Couldn't agree more, I was lucky to get some of the 5/2 when it opened this afternoon. Absolute optimal conditions for it tomorrow (assuming the forecast rain arrives) which in turn could scupper the Mullins nag. Monksland I respect but have long regarded as needing 3m plus to show his best.

Aaaahhh. Was there a need to go for a big one at the last?

Brilliant yet again, PB, finished a good day's work with a 6/1 (9/2 SP) winner too, well done!

Last edited:
Morning

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.50 Newcastle-Kananee @ 13-8 [Bet 365]
1.15 Wincanton-Demographic @ 10-3 [William Hill]
1.45 Wincanton-Bon Enfant @ 5-1 [Ladbrokes]
2.15 Wincanton-Jackthejourneyman @ 10-3 [Race Bets]
2.35 Market Rasen-Walking In The Air @ 2-1 [Bet 365]
2.50 Wincanton-Sirabad @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]
3.10 Market Rasen-Amiral Collonges @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
3.35 Newcastle-Napoleon Solo @ 13-2 [Bet Bright]
4.10 Newcastle-Faintly @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]

Nice work again PB!

Morning

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.50 Newcastle-Kananee @ 13-8 [Bet 365]:) @ 7-4
1.15 Wincanton-Demographic @ 10-3 [William Hill]:) R4
1.45 Wincanton-Bon Enfant @ 5-1 [Ladbrokes]
2.15 Wincanton-Jackthejourneyman @ 10-3 [Race Bets]
2.35 Market Rasen-Walking In The Air @ 2-1 [Bet 365]
2.50 Wincanton-Sirabad @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]:)
3.10 Market Rasen-Amiral Collonges @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
3.35 Newcastle-Napoleon Solo @ 13-2 [Bet Bright] Non runner
4.10 Newcastle-Faintly @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]:)

Profit of 13.08pts

My bets [1pt win on each]

12.40 Ffos Las-The Worlds End @ 3-1 [Betfair Sports]
1.45 Ffos Las-Bells On Sunday @ 8-1 [Bet 365]
2.10 Ascot-Criq Rock @ 7-2 [Stan James]
2.45 Ascot-The Clock Leary @ 5-2 [Skybet]
3.45 Haydock-Global Stage @ 11-2 [Betfair Sports]

Great work Pb. What is your angle on your picks? Frighteningly consistent but also good over jumps and flat which is unusual. Cheers.

Try and keep it simple. Only bet between odds of 11-10 & 9-1 and always bet same stake each horse [1pt for me is £40], never chase any loss as some days will be a shut out, fine it happens.

Far as choosing the races, form book and race video watching. Also though I have the odd bet on twilight/night racing tend to leave it alone mostly so it leaves me just 2 or 3 meetings to concentrate on daily apart from a Saturday or bank holiday. So by not having that distraction it leaves me free to look at the cards in the evening/overnight.

Really good stuff lately mate.

Quick question...why do you call yourself Placebacker when the selections are all 1 point win? :)

Le Rocher goes in last handicap at Ascot today, after being scratched from the Coral Hurdle tomorrow. He was a top, top juvenile before injury intervened, and a mark of 140 might under-estimate him, if he has retained all his ability. This is first run in 3 years, but Nick Williams trains and only brings them back when they are ready, so have taken my chances at B365's 6/1.

13:05 Saint-Cloud - Slatina e/w

(Decided to have a bet on the main event at Saint-Cloud today, the Belle De Nuit Listed Stakes (Class 1) over 1m.4f.94y, for 3- and 4-y-o Fillies. Worth €32,760 to the winner. Selection has very reasonable form for this race, seems to act on the heavy going, and on breeding, should handle these conditions too. Main reason is, however, is that she finished less than 3-lengths behind the winner of the Group 1 Prix Royal-Oak at this same track on the 23rd October. So, an e/w punt for me at 12/1 BOG).

Last edited:
Oh well, that was disappointing, the 3-y-o fillies are obviously better than their elders!

Cheers bud.

I'm on Storm King each way in the 3.40 at Newcastle. Not won over this distance but felt ran well Held up last time and if had been shown a little earlier may well have got closer. Luke Morris up and a further drop of 2lb and I'm hoping the revival starts today as dropped a long way in the weights. No money around for it though which is leading to be more cautious. 1pt each way.

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each]

12.40 Ffos Las-The Worlds End @ 3-1 [Betfair Sports]
1.45 Ffos Las-Bells On Sunday @ 8-1 [Bet 365]
2.10 Ascot-Criq Rock @ 7-2 [Stan James]
2.45 Ascot-The Clock Leary @ 5-2 [Skybet]
3.45 Haydock-Global Stage @ 11-2 [Betfair Sports]

Loss of 5pts...two 2nds

Really good stuff lately mate.

Quick question...why do you call yourself Placebacker when the selections are all 1 point win? :)

When I first started betting serious on the horses, it was on the Betfair place markets, which I had a lot of success on.

Margins on there not so generous these days, but still have a dabble from time to time. Had a decent stake on Global Stage in the last at Haydock today for example

E/W patent (for fun) tomorrow

Ascot 3:15 Dresden..... (did me a favour last year)

Haydock 2:25 Point The Way...... (improver?)
3:35 Saroque...... (best bet)

Last edited:
Agreed on Point the Way there. Currently 14/1 with Bet365

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back