What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Danny Tudhope, the horse reared as the stalls were opening and consequently gave the rest a length start. With 14 runners on a tight track, that put him on the back foot from the getgo, though he might still have won had another not carved him up as he began to extricate the horse turning in. As it was, he then rode like a demon to garner 3rd place (I was on ew at double figure odds) so I've little to complain about.
DT's done me a few favours over the past couple of seasons, and (imo, of course) today's hiccup owed far more to bad luck than bad judgement.

My bets [1pt win on each ]

11.50 Southwell-Anieres Boy @ 13-2 [Ladbrokes]
12.10 Sedgefield-Duhallowcountry @ 11-2 [Bet 365]
12.20 Southwell-Fortinbrass @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
12.50 Southwell-High Command @ 11-8 [Bet Victor]
1.10 Sedgefield-Waiting Patiently @ 15-8 [Skybet]
1.50 Southwell-Come Back King @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
2.05 Lingfield-Allchilledout @ 10-3 [Race Bets]
2.15 Sedgefield-Stilo Blue Native @ 11-2 [Skybet]
2.25 Southwell-Al Yarmouk @ 4-1 [Bet Bright]
2.45 Sedgefield-Nortonthorpelegend @ 3-1 [Betfred]
3.10 Lingfield-Royal Vacation @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
3.30 Southwell-Tanzania Road @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
3.45 Lingfield-Odello @ 13-8 [Skybet]

Yes, something very ironic about Lingfield and Sedgefield going ahead while Southwell (AW) is called off.

Good luck with the rest today PB.

Last edited:
1.55 - Wexford - Oscar Buzz. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 8/1.
A nine year old, fifteen raced maiden is not the ideal type to pin your hopes on but there are reasons to be optimistic about his chances here. On a recent line through Brian Boru he is well weighted with favourite, Logical Song, if he can repeat his third at Down Royal last time out. That was only his second start back from a twenty month absence so he could improve for it and he was only penalised a pound for that performance. His best five efforts to date have come in large fields and this is his first attempt at three miles. He is normally seen on better ground than this but he has handled soft conditions in the past and, the way he was staying on last time, suggests the step up to today's trip could suit. The yard have not had a winner since January but they are a small outfit so it may not be a significant factor in the performance of Oscar Buzz. The five pound Claimer who has ridden him on the last two occasions takes the ride again.

2.15 - Sedgefield - Stilo Blue Native. 2.5 pts win. Available at 4/1.
Like Oscar Buzz, Stilo Blue Native is also a maiden, this time after twelve starts. He let us down somewhat when we selected him on his reappearance last time out but it's possible he needed that race. After starting last season over hurdles he never really took to Chasing and connections look like that have shelved that idea for the moment. He went well for a long way over the extended 21 furlongs at Ayr and his Trainer has took the decision to drop him significantly in trip here. This is just his third attempt in a handicap over hurdles and the balance of his form suggests he is currently well weighted. He has only been seen over a trip this short on three occasions and one of them saw him produce his only performance of note over fences at Newcastle. The booking of the in-form Brian Hughes takes the eye and he has been on board for all Stilo Blue Native's best efforts.

2.45 - Sedgefield - Master Rajeem. 1 pt e/w. Available at 10/1.

Ironic and hilarious, Lee.

only if you believe the silly name given to the code..there is no such thing as AW..its a bit like santa..the laugh is on the numpty who gave it the name..because all weather racing does not exist..unless we want to see horses swimming as a sport..anyone that thinks AW exists needs to examine their thought process imo

Agreed EC, AW racing was/is a terrible name.

Cheating, b@stard racing has a much better ring to it.

one of the best mediums for making money though

i'll never really understand why people have this AvB code job going..its horse racing at end of day...one code suits a person more than the other fair enough..which generally equates to..ooh i hate the other code..coz i like this one more..makes me laugh a bit

if we want to dissect "name" of codes though..National Hunt racing is poorly named..where is the fox each race?..and "steeplechasing"..how many horses have you seen do this?

taking "names" literally..isn't too logical really imo

Last edited:
Truth be told I'm indifferent towards it really EC. I don't bet on it out of lack of interest hence my lack of knowledge makes it difficult to bet in and there-in lies the vicious circle. So I leave it well alone.

but I'm fortunate that I don't need to make money from betting so I can enjoy it as my hobby and therefore cherry pick which races I watch and/or bet in. It's another irony that only when I reached a point in my mid thirties where my finances were secure did I start profiting year on year having spent 20 years or so spunking money in the bookies direction.

Each to their own though and as I see from threads like this there are plenty of you out there that regularly make money from it and good luck to you.

It won't stop me taking the p1ss out of it though :)

Last edited:
:D

cracking post..some good stuff in there ...and then a last line i'd be proud of mesen..nice one

cracking stuff Wilson..made me smile

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each ]

11.50 Southwell-Anieres Boy @ 13-2 [Ladbrokes]Ab
12.10 Sedgefield-Duhallowcountry @ 11-2 [Bet 365]
12.20 Southwell-Fortinbrass @ 9-2 [Bet 365]Ab
12.50 Southwell-High Command @ 11-8 [Bet Victor]Ab
1.10 Sedgefield-Waiting Patiently @ 15-8 [Skybet]:)
1.50 Southwell-Come Back King @ 7-1 [Bet 365]Ab
2.05 Lingfield-Allchilledout @ 10-3 [Race Bets]
2.15 Sedgefield-Stilo Blue Native @ 11-2 [Skybet]:)
2.25 Southwell-Al Yarmouk @ 4-1 [Bet Bright]Ab
2.45 Sedgefield-Nortonthorpelegend @ 3-1 [Betfred]:)
3.10 Lingfield-Royal Vacation @ 9-4 [Bet 365]:)
3.30 Southwell-Tanzania Road @ 3-1 [Bet 365]Ab
3.45 Lingfield-Odello @ 13-8 [Skybet]

Profit of 9.63pts

Morning

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.30 Wolverhampton-Wentwell Yesterday @ 4-1 [Bet 365]
1.10 Hereford-Book Direct @ 7-4 [Bet 365]
3.20 Hereford-Knight's Reward @ 7-2 [Bet 365]

Last edited:
1.55 - Wexford - Oscar Buzz. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 8/1.
A nine year old, fifteen raced maiden is not the ideal type to pin your hopes on but there are reasons to be optimistic about his chances here. On a recent line through Brian Boru he is well weighted with favourite, Logical Song, if he can repeat his third at Down Royal last time out. That was only his second start back from a twenty month absence so he could improve for it and he was only penalised a pound for that performance. His best five efforts to date have come in large fields and this is his first attempt at three miles. He is normally seen on better ground than this but he has handled soft conditions in the past and, the way he was staying on last time, suggests the step up to today's trip could suit. The yard have not had a winner since January but they are a small outfit so it may not be a significant factor in the performance of Oscar Buzz. The five pound Claimer who has ridden him on the last two occasions takes the ride again.

2.15 - Sedgefield - Stilo Blue Native. 2.5 pts win. Available at 4/1.
Like Oscar Buzz, Stilo Blue Native is also a maiden, this time after twelve starts. He let us down somewhat when we selected him on his reappearance last time out but it's possible he needed that race. After starting last season over hurdles he never really took to Chasing and connections look like that have shelved that idea for the moment. He went well for a long way over the extended 21 furlongs at Ayr and his Trainer has took the decision to drop him significantly in trip here. This is just his third attempt in a handicap over hurdles and the balance of his form suggests he is currently well weighted. He has only been seen over a trip this short on three occasions and one of them saw him produce his only performance of note over fences at Newcastle. The booking of the in-form Brian Hughes takes the eye and he has been on board for all Stilo Blue Native's best efforts.

2.45 - Sedgefield - Master Rajeem. 1 pt e/w. Available at 10/1.

1st, 2nd and 4th. +9.5 points.

Well done PB and Ricko!

15:50 Hereford - Winged Express e/w

(Alternates between Chases and Hurdles, consistent in both. Should give a good account as going and distance should be no problem. 8/1 available in two places (Bet365 and BetVictor) at time of posting, which might well be better than eventual SP).

Last edited:
Well done Pb and Ricko.

3.50 Hereford. Taking a chance venetia has super Sam ready to go after a long time off the track. If not will be backing next time out if off this mark of 105. Well beaten 3Rd last time out off 111. 4th and 5th have won since off 104 and 106 so this mark should be well within its capability.

Cheers guys, some dodgy days but good profit overall. Hopefully more to come today.

2.25 - Wetherby - Back To Bracka. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.
Doctor Phoenix heads the market for this Handicap Chase on his reappearance. The yard are in good form and the booking of Brian Hughes with early market support suggests he is ready for this. He has underfoot conditions to suit and he has a 2 from 3 record with today's partner in the plate. He looks a solid proposition but his price is short enough and he looks worth taking on. A chance is taken with Back To Bracka, whose jumping and inconsistency is not for the faint-hearted. Four efforts this year have seen him produce next to nothing, pulling up on two occasions. He won't be getting competitive here if he is in similar form today but his last win came over this C/D from today's mark and he has won from a seven pound higher mark since then. He is unexposed over this sort of trip and all four of his career victories have come on ground softer than good, three of them in soft/heavy conditions. Much may depend on whether he gets into a rhythm early, so his fate may soon be known.

3.40 - Wolverhampton - Starlit Cantata. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.
A decent handicap with a couple of likely improvers in the shape of Nonios and Iberica Road. They head the market followed by Berlusca, who is well weighted and has a good record on the A/W surfaces. They all make some appeal but, at a bigger price, Starlit Cantanta is slightly preferred. All four of her victories have come over ten furlongs at Lingfield and her ability to handle Tapeta has to be taken trust. However she has fallen to a mark which is two pounds below her last winning one and she has been running well against mainly better opposition than she meets here. She comes into this race after just five races since February and, being a 14 raced maiden on turf, she may appreciate this return to an artificial surface.

3.50 - Hereford:
Raise A Spark. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.
Little Rocky. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.

7.25 - Kempton:
Amazour. 2 pts win. Available at 5/1.
Dutiful Son. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 25/1.

Last edited:
Prince Of Arran in 6:55 tonight my only bet today. 3 wins at Kempton so far, clearly better on the all weather. 12/1 and got four legs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back