What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px}p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 18.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 21.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none}</style>No analysis today, pushed for time.

1.40 - Ludlow - Alanjou. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.

2.30 - Plumpton:
Straits Of Messina. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.
Createur. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.

4.50 - Newcastle - Tavener. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

Last edited:
<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px}p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 18.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 21.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none}</style>No analysis today, pushed for time.

1.40 - Ludlow - Alanjou. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.

2.30 - Plumpton:
Straits Of Messina. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.
Createur. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.

4.50 - Newcastle - Tavener. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

I have to back Very Extravagant (Plumpton 2.00) as well. 15/8 available.

Not entirely sure what the merits of the opposition are, but I like SALTO CHISCO in Southwells 12:25 tomorrow.
This horse is still on a low enough mark, is in form, and I will be disappointed if he cannot win.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.25 Southwell-Mercian Prince @ 4-1 [Skybet]
1.10 Lingfield-Appy Days @ 15-8 [Skybet]
1.20 Newcastle-Harvest Moon @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
1.50 Newcastle-Six Strings @ 2-1 [William Hill]
2.40 Lingfield-Collodi @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
3.10 Lingfield-Rocky Bender @ 6-1 [Bet 365]
3.40 Lingfield-Scooter Boy @ 6-1 [Bet 365]
4.50 Newcastle-Cadland Lad @ 13-2 [Ladbrokes]

Mrs Burbidge 1500 Southwell. Still a maiden but booking of Richard Johnson an eye-catcher amd been running solidly.

Persian Steel. Good each way price. Well backed on debut last year for Brian Ellison and put away since after disappointing. In stable tour Ellison says he was a big baby last year amd didn't like the ground. Expecting better this year after toughening up and will find it a bumper on decent ground. Gets that today.

Not entirely sure what the merits of the opposition are, but I like SALTO CHISCO in Southwells 12:25 tomorrow.
This horse is still on a low enough mark, is in form, and I will be disappointed if he cannot win.

Was nearly a bet for me, but I think Crickel Wood could be a fly in the ointment. I think the step up in trip will really suit.

A disappointing day yesterday with none of the selections giving a return.

Today's Selections:

2.20 - Newcastle - Zabeel Star. 3 pts win. Available at 7/2.
Some of these are running into form and others come here on the back of decent efforts. Zabeel Star has not performed so well this year as he did last Summer but, as a result, he has fallen eight pounds in the weights. He hadn't entirely convinced over this sort of trip on two previous occasions but he made late headway after meeting trouble over the extended nine furlongs at Wolverhampton last time out and he wasn't stopping at the line. His fifth, beaten just over three lengths, here on his reappearance over a mile in May reads well in the context of this race and he is now eight pounds lower in the handicap in this lesser race. He looks ready for this step back up in trip and the yard send just the one horse on the 500 mile round trip to this track. They have booked a three pound claimer who could hardly be in better form having recorded 10 victories from just 20 rides in the last fortnight. Five of those came on horses priced 7/1 or more and the shortest at 9/4.

2.40 - Lingfield - Sleepy Haven. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.
[FONT=&quot]A decent handicap hurdle for the grade and one in which Sleepy Haven could get very competitive. He has mixed hurdling/chasing/flat racing in recent seasons but you have to go back to January 2015 to find his last victory under any code. That came over hurdles over two miles in soft ground at Kempton in a better race than this and saw his mark soar to a lofty 142. He hadn't troubled the judge in five subsequent races over hurdles but as a result his mark had fallen 17 pounds prior to his last run at Haydock. He was in the process of performing much better when coming down at the last and, if none the worse for that experience, he could go well from another two pounds lower in the weights in this lesser race. All three of his victories over hurdles have come in soft/heavy ground so conditions here are ideal.

2.50 - Newcastle - Optima Petamus. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.

3.00 - Southwell:
Lucky Thirteen. 1 pt win. Available at 12/1.
Polarbrook. 1 pt win. Available at 12/1.
[/FONT]

Was nearly a bet for me, but I think Crickel Wood could be a fly in the ointment. I think the step up in trip will really suit.

A bollox of a race unless you were on the well backed French import and favourite.

Mrs Burbidge 1500 Southwell. Still a maiden but booking of Richard Johnson an eye-catcher amd been running solidly.

Persian Steel. Good each way price. Well backed on debut last year for Brian Ellison and put away since after disappointing. In stable tour Ellison says he was a big baby last year amd didn't like the ground. Expecting better this year after toughening up and will find it a bumper on decent ground. Gets that today.

Nice one, looked the winner all the way.

15:40 Lingfield - Reblis e/w

(Had a bit on at 16/1 with Laddies. Old boy might surprise if fit after 6-month layoff, and his young conditional rider can do him justice).

Three horses for tomorrow.

Ling 12:40: Enjoy Life (fair rating of 77, an improver..can go close)

Ffos Las 2:50 The Mad Well (first start for Tim Vaughan, arrives from Ireland, workable hurdle rating, betting market may prove telling.)

Catterick 3:30 Helmsley Lad. (Trained by the shrewd Malcolm Jefferson. I needed a third horse for the patent. This looks the one)

6/1, 14/1 and 4/1 respectively, so an e/w patent.
Halving stakes and doing a win patent is tempting.

Good luck.

Last edited:

12.25 Southwell-Mercian Prince @ 4-1 [Skybet]:)
1.10 Lingfield-Appy Days @ 15-8 [Skybet]:)
1.20 Newcastle-Harvest Moon @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
1.50 Newcastle-Six Strings @ 2-1 [William Hill]:)
2.40 Lingfield-Collodi @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
3.10 Lingfield-Rocky Bender @ 6-1 [Bet 365]
3.40 Lingfield-Scooter Boy @ 6-1 [Bet 365]
4.50 Newcastle-Cadland Lad @ 13-2 [Ladbrokes]

Profit of 2.88pts

1.10 Lingfield-Ninety Years Young @ 5-1 [Ladbrokes]
1.40 Lingfield-Manson @ 9-1 [William Hill]
2.00 Catterick-Ueueteotl @ 9-1 [Boylesports]
2.50 Ffos Las-Southport @ 10-3 [Boylesports]
3.20 Ffos Las-Copper Birch @ 5-2 [Race Bets]
3.40 Lingfield-Dltripleseven @ 11-4 [Bet 365]

Bizarre goings on in the first at Catterick.

Recognition has an OR of 110, which is the same as the Ewart top-weight..........yet he somehow gets into the race off 10-12 (with the claimer knocking another 5lbs off).........yet Recognition is a massive drifter this morning, when he looks an obvious one to be backing.

I have been foolish enough to get stuck in.

Only Sleepy Haven gave a return yesterday when he was placed at Lingfield. a tough couple of days but hopefully back on the winning trail today.

Today's Selections:

1.00 - Catterick - All For The Best. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.
Quite an interesting handicap hurdle for the grade. Cape Hideaway is open to further improvement after just four starts over hurdles and both Danceintothelight and Italian Riviera come into the race in good form. Professor Plum has the form in the book to be a threat if he is ready to go after his long absence but preference is for the topweight, All For The Best. Bought out of Sir Mark Prescott's stable in October 2015 he has just had the four starts over hurdles for current connections. The best of those came on his third start when winning a Novice race at Uttoxeter over two miles in July. He has since finished well beaten on his handicap debut over the same trip at Chepstow earlier this month. That may have been needed and this race is likely to tell us more. Ground conditions will be no problem and, as a 14 furlong winner on the flat, the step up to 19 furlongs could bring about further improvement. He was a fair handicapper on the level, rated 74 at his peak, and is partnered by one of the better and more experienced Conditionals in the race. The yard send just the one on a 466 mile round trip to this track and the jockey turns up for the one booked ride.

2.00 - Catterick - Valleyofmilan. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 8/1.
Nortonthorpelegend looks the one to beat after his comfortable victory last time out but Valleyofmilan looks capable of getting competitive and making the frame at the very least. He returned to the fray over hurdles at Sedgefield last month looking in need of the race and he should strip fitter for that outing this afternoon. He was second in this race last season and followed that by easily winning over hurdles over the extended three miles here next time out. He has won from four pounds higher in the weights in the past and his stable have won this race three times in the past decade. He has got competitive with better opposition than this in the past and he holds multiples in the near future, so running up a sequence is not out of the question. The yard have a 23% strike rate at this track in recent seasons.

6.55 - Kempton - Music Major. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.

Last edited:
If that horse drifts any further it'll be running in the one o'clock.

I've had a 'dabble' btw.

Has to be an error on the websites (though same in RP and SL), or it's widely known that it's not off.........he is chucked-in if the ORs are anything at all to go by, but is still on the slide.

I have foolishly gone in again at 22/1. I suspect we will know our fate between the first and second hurdles, if not before!

Last edited:
Bizarre goings on in the first at Catterick.

Recognition has an OR of 110, which is the same as the Ewart top-weight..........yet he somehow gets into the race off 10-12 (with the claimer knocking another 5lbs off).........yet Recognition is a massive drifter this morning, when he looks an obvious one to be backing.

I have been foolish enough to get stuck in.

Isn't that just the 15lb (?) WFA though Grass ?

I thought about WFA, but couldn't believe it would be as much as the differential.

A fu*cking horrible run anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back