What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scu gets his fair share of criticism but that was a tremendous ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vieux Lion Rouge in the Becher.

I was at Aintree for the national, and i religiously back a 100/1 shot, this turned out to be this horse. It absouloutely breezed round be course and its jumping was excellent. With 3 out it was well in contention and unfortunately I think the bog pit ground and distance took its toll.

The fences don't bother the horse, the ground should be a little better, and it's a drop back in distance. Currently 9/1, I was on it quite a bit Anti Post with Betfred at 20/1. Suprised to see it so short with some of the horses in the race, but as a 7YO I think this horse has a very bright future.

Very well done JJ, 20/1 AP is fantastic :)

Excellent ride, and a tremendous finish.
Fair play to Last Samuri, carrying near 12 stone did well to finish how it did.

How does the handicap work? Will Vieux Lion Rouge now have a massive weight for the National?

To be fair I need to thank Twitter. I saw a tweet a couple of weeks ago about the anti post for the Becher being up from Betfred. Had a look and saw the horse at 20/1 so couldn't resist a few quid.

Runfordave/Baden double served me well today at 9/1. Runfordave's form ties in with that Moulin a Vent Jenkins form line. It's turning out some winners.

Who was it on here that put up Delogoa Bay when it won a couple starts ago?
He is in good form and goes in the 8:15 tonight at Wolves. 7/1 looks fair.

Last edited:
I backed Zubayr and Le Mercurey. The last think I needed was seeing Stewart's ridiculous boat race hogging the cameras.

Brave wasn't he? A talented horse alright but he's let me down enough times in the past for me to leave well alone today

Great run by Rocky Creek!
Unfortunately at the wrong time for me. Was waiting on Conas Taoi on the last leg of my lucky 15 for £2700 off a £15 total stake.

Still an extremely profitable day and an excellent days racing.

It was a great run by RC but Fehily got Doing Fine beat.

Yes, talking through my pocket but I'm right.

My bets [1pt win on each ]

12.30 Aintree-The Fresh Prince @ 6-1 [Betfair Sports]
12.35 Chepstow-The Bay Oak @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
1.05 Chepstow-Sykes @ 6-1 [Bet 365]:)
1.20 Sandown-Some Kinda Lama @ 15-2 [Bet Victor]
1.45 Wetherby-Two Smokin Barrels @ 4-1 [Boylesports]:)
2.20 Wetherby-Boite @ 11-4 [Bet 365]:)
2.25 Sandown-Consul De Thaix @ 5-1 [Bet 365]
2.40 Aintree-Cocktails At Dawn @ 17-2 [32 Red]
3.20 Chepstow-Lamb Or Cod @ 7-1 [Stan James]:)

Profit of 14.75pts

Good work PB. As De Mee my only winner today - great jumping performance - on a day where I made a loss overall.

Good pay day on the multiples also, but would have been mega if the dice rolled better as had three other 2nds and a faller who looked in control of the race.....

Morning

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.30 Huntingdon-Demographic @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
1.30 Huntingdon-Vinnie Red @ 4-1 [Bet 365]
2.00 Huntingdon-Dodging Bullets @ 5-1 [Ladbrokes]
2.20 Kelso-Kilbree Chief @ 13-2 [Bet 365]
2.50 Kelso-Dynaste @ 9-4 [Bet Victor]
3.00 Huntingdon-Appy Days @ 7-2 [Bet 365]

Shaneshill in the HG and Tea for Two in the Peterborough. The former should be second fav at Fairyhouse and the latter is up against rogues and chancers.

E/w stabs at Macnicholson and Riverside City.

Former should appreciate ground, is no slouch and could pick off a few to run into one of Skybet's six places.

Last edited:
Fairyhouse:

1.10 Peace News 13/8
1.40 VVM 1/1
2.40. A Toi Phil 11/4

Huntington
2.00. Josses Hill 9/4
2.30. Burbank 2/1

Oh michelle in the bumper at Huntington. Well backed when very little went right on debut, ran on well from an impossible position. Il take a chance that with more luck in running today it could be overpriced.

Kelso
2.20 Harry the Viking (of course [emoji4])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back